Topic

Line breaks in notes don't survive copy/paste

As editor of the ImaginatUr, I often spread notes around Ur that basically say the same thing:  announcing a new issue or contest, or whatever.

So I copy/paste on to each note.  But when I then read the note, all the lines that had previously been broken up and formatted nicely all end up running together unless I go and manually recreate them.  On every note.  Every.  Single.  Note.

So if I copy/pasted the previous two paragraphs onto a note without recreating spaces that already appear to be there, it would look like this:

As editor of the ImaginatUr, I often spread notes around Ur that basically say the same thing:  announcing a new issue or contest, or whatever.So I copy/paste on to each note.  But when I then read the note, all the lines that had previously been broken up and formatted nicely all end up running together unless I go and manually recreate them.  On every note.  Every.  Single.  Note.

Why is this, and can it be fixed?  Copy/pasting is tedious enough (labor of love for my little paper!) but having to create line breaks just seems like extra weird work.

Posted 12 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1 I agree

Oh..and: Yay ImaginatUr! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I noticed this too (on Mac), but I had assumed it was a Windows (CRLF) vs UNIX (LF) thing.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink