Topic

Never-ending Quest

Looking at my quest log, I see that although I seemed to complete The Greedy Street Spirit quest, it's still telling my that I'm already doing this quest.

www.flickr.com/photos/dopia...

So, it seems to be stuck. As far as I can tell, I went through all of the motions to complete it and exited it normally. It doesn't seem to have registered as completed though.

One thing worth mentioning: whilst doing this quest, I hit the Retina MacBook Pro Disappearing Layers bug and fumbled blindly through the last pane of the story, unable to see what was happening. Maybe I missed something?

Posted 12 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Ok. Go ahead and try it again when you are back in.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK, I entered the game and the quest was marked as new again. I did the quest (got the Qurazy Quoins again - thanks!), and got to the end (no graphical glitches this time - did this in Chrome). Exited the quest, and returned to my house.  My quest log still shows the quest as incomplete, exactly as before.#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
  • Dopiaza (your name makes me so hungry!) Hope you don't mind me adding my never ending quest to this thread but it seems like a good place.

Mine is the assemble a machine, it has said that it is in progress for a long time, like months maybe.  I tried to do it again for the quest but it still says that. I don't know if it is broken or whether I am doing it wrong. 

Posted 12 years ago by Miss Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Miss Parsley, the Machine Shop Pit Stop quest is broken and has been removed. If staff hasn't removed it for you yet, you can submit a bug report an they will remove it for you.  http://www.glitch.com/help/report/
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dopiaza, did you talk to a pig when you got home and receive a new emo bear? 
    Posted 12 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah! I have to talk to a pig! Sorry, but that wasn't obvious. I guess I was thrown by the fact that when I first did the quest, the graphics glitch meant I couldn't read the final text properly, and then when I just did it again I confess I skimmed a bit, and there was no pig nearby when I exited the final scene. So, I just indulged in a little piggy chatter and now have a new emo bear and all is complete.#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

Having said that, there were no clues in my quest log about what I had to do next - all the 'steps' where ticked and greyed out, so it looked like I'd done everything I needed to. That final step really needs to show up in the log as a requirement.
  • I logged a bug to make it a little clearer what needs to happen once you've finished the story. There's some text that tells you to talk to a piggy at the end, but if you miss it, there's nothing to clue you in as to what needs to happen next.
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink