Topic

[fixed] Butler's Birthday Calculation Awry

My Butler wished me a happy birthday today. That was really sweet, but she followed it up with:

"You were imagined in the world of Ur exactly false days ago."

At that point, I figured she was just rambling and had spent the afternoon knocking back my Wine of the Dead...

Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Also, those Birthday comments don't appear in Local Chat, but other things said by the butler do.
  • We're all getting this notice. I joined in February so... has to be a bug of some sort
    Posted 11 years ago by Lily Linguistic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah, sorry, I did do a quick glance down the recent bugs list, but nothing leapt out at me...
  • Yikes....i went to a person's homestreet, and left something for them, and wished a Happy Birthday....lol  Hope my butler wasnt telling a fib!!! lol  oh...and if it really is your Birthday....hope it was Happy till your Butler messed it up......LOL
    Posted 11 years ago by im4noles2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I mean it just started tonight...Like an hour ago, so it's not listed anywhere, I just wanted you to know that you weren't alone. We were all getting them and talking about it in global.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lily Linguistic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm...we'll take a look at that, thanks! (But still count your Wine of the Dead just in case she is secreting them away...)
    Posted 11 years ago by Clary Sage Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My butler said the same thing yesterday!
    Posted 11 years ago by Implet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine did too ... and said he had a present for me I never found...I think there's a butler conspiracy afoot... bet they've been talking to those unionized dwarves.... 
    Posted 11 years ago by Divine~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry about that, everybody. The Butler Education office accidentally sent out an unfinished memo, and butlers, well, their heads are full of fluff, so they didn't notice that it was incorrect. We sent out a corrected memo within half an hour, but a few of you got the incorrect birthday message.

(And in case you were wondering, it probably wasn't actually your birthday. Sorry! But, the next time you see this conversation, it *will* be your birthday. Yay!)
    Posted 11 years ago by Etna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • will it be your birthday in glitch years or earth years?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this was just slightly too late for my actual bUrthday :(

guess I'll just have to stick around another 360 days ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Oopsy Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, hopefully it'll be your imagine day, and not your glitch anniversary.  At the time of my Glitch Anniversary (I had created my Glitchen and started playing 1 year earlier) my Glitchen was exactly 7 years old (in game years).  I would assume that since it's our butlers telling our glitchen in game about our birthdays, that we would be literally talking about our in game birthday or imagine day.  Or 7 times a year.  http://deletethis.net/dave/dev/glitch-helperator/birthday.html
    Posted 11 years ago by Kaelyn Renai Subscriber! | Permalink