Topic

Down to the Wire Achievement not working-or wording just ambiguous?

This badge says "in the last 30 minutes of a feat" and "last 5%"- nobody has got this badge yet, which seems strange - or does this exclusively work when the last 30 minutes coincide with the last 5%? Which would probably make this entirely too rare compared to the opposite badge, taking part in a feat in the *first* 30 minutes...?

Posted 11 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Both conditions have to satisfy, and so far the two feats since the achievement was released have not met both conditions at the same time. However, at least two previous feats before the achievement have qualified for the criteria, so it may not be that rare, and today's feat could possibly make it.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If my math is right, this feat has a fairly high likelihood of fitting the criteria. Assuming steady rates that go down a small but not un-noticeable amount overnight.
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This achievement is buggy, as well. The wording of the achievement criteria is "Contributed to a feat in the last 30 minutes and final 5% of the feat", but that wording is incorrect. The wording for the achievement should read as "Contributed to a feat ONLY in the last 30 minutes and final 5% of the feat".
    Posted 11 years ago by FG Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So you can't contribute to the feat at all prior to the last 30 minutes to get the badge?? that seems silly.
    Posted 11 years ago by beBlueberry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This time I think we met both conditions but still no achievement, so I guess FG was right and you had to contribute only on the last 30 minutes and 5% of the feat...
    Posted 11 years ago by Symmol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did anyone try doing that this time? I haven't noticed anyone with the badge yet. The window between 95% and 100% AND within the last 30 minutes were overlapped in only approximately 10 minutes or less.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I participated for the first and only time at 95% and with about 20 minutes left. I haven't seen the badge pop up yet, but I did satisfy the requirements!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still no badge. Is there a way to file a bug report these days?
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • perhaps just IM/mail a dev. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Everyone who participated in the final 9 minutes of the final feat should have this badge. It was a teensy bit broken before then, unfortunately. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got it on the last feat. As I recall the window for it was less than 5 minutes and it happened around 10 minutes before the end of the feat. Literally down to the wire.

I asked a friend to meet me on an empty street so we could exchange our lines at just the right moment without any others chiming in and messing up the timing.

Last 30 minutes AND between 95-100% of a goal (which in this case was the supermega). And yes, it has to be your first contribution to the feat.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sol Hawk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No, that's not correct-I participated in the last feat quite heavily and still got the badge, as I was still participating in the last five minutes before it ended...not that it makes a difference now, but it was not meant to be ONLY in the last 30 minutes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The description doesn't say so

"Be one of the few Glitches to tip the scales. Make a contribution in the last 30 minutes of the feat, and with 5% or less left to contribute towards whichever goal is coming up next."
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The intention of the achievement was that everyone who contributed during the last half hour of a very tight feat would get the badge, regardless of whether they'd already contributed to the feat, and regardless of which feat goal was next. The reality of the achievement is that it was broken and did not fire when it should have for anyone. I made some hasty modifications that went live 9 minutes before the end of the last feat to ensure that everyone still contributing would get it. 

So: if you have that achievement, congratulations! You contributed to Glitch's final feat during its last 9 minutes. You are a super feater!
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the clarification LP. I know it's a moot point now, but the description does read "Be one of the few Glitches to tip the scales." This hardly implies that everyone contributing in that  window would get the badge. I'll chalk it up to a rare bit of poor wording in an otherwise stellar game.

And thank you for working to keep everything in order even after the game has ended. I know many Glitchen are still struggling to find a new home, and this forum is a real life line.

Happy Holidays everyone! =-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sol Hawk Subscriber! | Permalink