Topic

Missing items in inventory and on the street

Noticing that my inventory items are sometimes blank, though I can still click on the inventory slots to use the item I remember being in there.  However, the same 'missing art assets' problem started happening two days ago on streets.  Items on the street (resources, shrines) I cannot interact with, even if I know where they're supposed to be.  This includes items I don't need to click on (quoins, dust traps).

i.e.: I can walk past a segment of street, reload, and discover there were two quoins where I walked through.
i.e.: I can walk across an Ancestral savanna that is conspicuously missing dust traps.  I reload, the dust traps are there, untriggered.

I've made a screenshot illustrating the missing street and inventory art assets.

Posted 11 years ago by Mozai Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I've been noticing this since last night as well. I hope we get a solution to this, while you can work around it it makes it difficult to play.
    Posted 11 years ago by Brigander Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happened again -- this time the items missing from the street were critical to solving a puzzle that is the street's purpose.  (see before and after screenshots)   I saw the panels that had glowing blue lines that matched the barriers in the middle of the street, but the panels were not interactive what-so-ever, so I spent a few minutes trying to jump, squeeze, sneak or slide through.

Since I already reported the above bug earlier, I tried reloading.  Lo and behold, the missing elements I needed to solve the puzzle are now here.

If these (art assets?) are going to go missing frequently, please could the user get notified when an attempt to fetch pictures from the Glitch servers has failed?  So we know we need to reload, instead of being oblivious and walking past elements we can't see or spending five minutes trying to solve a puzzle when we're missing important pieces.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mozai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just got this too... On my home street, my house and butler aren't loading and can't be interacted with, although the butler can still make comments. Inside my house, it's empty -- no furniture or stuff I left on the floor.

http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVEOE4247838S8/136285-27c251ef97/
    http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PUVEOE4247838S8/136046-333483689e/
    Posted 11 years ago by Mare Cognitum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the reports folks; we do know that there were some outages last night that have since been resolved. We don't know why there are continued problems at this time. We would like to ask that you use the bug icon to report in-game if you haven't done so if you see it again; it is more helpful to us than snaps in this case.
    Posted 11 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink