Topic

New Hi interaction interupts meditation with the focusing orb

Could TS please make it so that when people say Hi to you while you're meditating or just using your focusing orb in general it doesn't interrupt and stop the meditation/action.

For some newbs who rely on meditation for mood and energy it could have greater consequences.

As for me, i'm just trying to do my badges and cannot do it in my house due to lag caused by animals and sdb's and so am frantically hiding Osama Bin Laden style in the greater Ur until the inevitable happens. It doesn't matter how obscure a place I hide people find me. I have even tried camouflage and hiding behind trees in desperation.

Either that or provide us with a higher level of meditation skill which suspends us in a solid impenetrable cocoon or bubble of calm. Thanks

Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +5 billion
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, if a "hi" sign lands on you it interrupts meditation. This feels buggish...
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1! I think an upgrade or something might be nice.... kinda funny when you're Radiating someone but they'll say hi to you and cancel it. It makes sense though, that's why I think an upgrade or somesuch would be better than just removing it. (Edit: oops! thought this was Ideas Forum! I think probably the interruption was intentional, not a bug, but maybe not! I'll leave this all here anyway)
    Posted 11 years ago by Bradamus Prime Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1k
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Pentax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't think being interrupted by another player's action makes sense at all. It's too easy an avenue for griefing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had noticed and hoped that it was an oversight, that the devs hadn't thought of it meditation/radiation when adding Hi's rather than them intentionally nerfing radiation as that is only done with groups. 

I assumed it would be fixed for people with Tune Out The Chatter upgrade. Which is available after the 1st meditating skill. Though a separate upgrade card would be fine as well. Here is hoping it is not another skill to learn simply to stay zen.
    Posted 11 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by elka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks guys:)

@Bradamus - I thought about putting this in Ideas but felt as though it must just be an oversight as all other interactions with other players have gradually been eliminated from interfering with meditation.

I am assuming that as the Hi thing is new it just got overlooked. I don't care how it is fixed - but all suggestions so far have been great.

Fingers crossed.
  • The radiation interruptions are especially problematic after rook attacks.  The (erstwhile) normal practice is to radiate after the rook is defeated because there people who really need it.  Because of the large number of people there, there is always someone who mindlessly "hi's", thus breaking the radiation.  Since this is the primary use of radiation in the game, the implementation of the "hi's has essentially broken radiation.

The griefing issue mentioned above is a problem as well.
    Posted 11 years ago by Gymnosophist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 

I like to say Hi to everyone and didn't once think it could have this effect. It feels like an oversight to me too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Xacau Feera Blin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +500,897,245,001

This has been quite the annoyance when I'm almost out of energy and need a tiny bump before New Day and somebody runs by and smacks me with a damn bat. I very much agree with this idea.
    Posted 11 years ago by Osiris χ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by cheese danish king Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That does sound rather annoying! We'll look into this. Thanks, and sorry about that!
    Posted 11 years ago by Clary Sage Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To play Devil's Advocate, you have to purchase an upgrade to prevent incoming chat messages from breaking meditation. Why would you expect that someone saying hi to you wouldn't interrupt it? If chat requires an upgrade to prevent meditation interruption, then logically, Hi should require one too.

+1 to making an upgrade available.
    Posted 11 years ago by Shogo_Yahagi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sweet! Again, I don't care whether it is an upgrade card or whatever so long as if it is a card TS take into account to make it available to newbs in the early card deck shuffle as they rely on the orb the most for mood and energy. Thanks:)
  • Okay that's a good Idea Shogo. I think I can get behind that for sure
    Posted 11 years ago by Osiris χ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 would get this upgrade card!
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink