Topic

Is Windows8 bugged?

My laptop died yesterday.... I needed to get back up and running fast (86yo Mom on Skype) so I headed out to Best But and bought a new laptop with Windows 8. Didn't have a choice. 8 or nada.

Trying to enter the world and the screen freezes and eventually the connection times out.

:(

Gonna be bummed if I miss the last week of Glitch.

Posted 11 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• And can I just add that Windows8 totally sucks?
  • I can play on my brother's laptop with windows 8. If the normal browser seizes up on you, try downloading portable versions of Firefox or Chrome at portableapps.com
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will help you with any windows 8 question Pirate Apples, 

I am a computer. I speak internet and cloud, the languages of windows 8. 

The main thing that I can say is you can only run glitch in desktop mode on win 8 in IE. If you are using Chrome or firefox, I dont know what's going on. I'm on a win 8 system typing this and logged in no problem. 

Also, dont write win 8 off just yet... Its jarring, but when you get to see how it works you'll like it...

Remember, in 1994 Microsoft made a drastic change that made everyone have to buy a new device to use their new OS... the mouse. Silly how, now looking back, there where tons of people angry about that change...

The lack of Linux secure boot is what makes me a little more... miffed...
    Posted 11 years ago by Scyne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch works fine on Windows 8 with desktop IE or Firefox for me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bad Robot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch works fine for me in windows 8 using Chrome in either desktop mode or windows 8 mode
    Posted 11 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the responses! Have to head out to work now. Scyne, I am, indeed, prepared to muddle through. I expect this is the direction the computer world is headed and I might as well bite the bullet now. I *am* using IE, so I'm not sure what the issue might be. I get into the world and my house appears, but then the screen freezes up on me.

Be back tonight.

edit: just tried to get into world before I head out the door... and it seems to be working okay now!
    Whew!