Topic

elemental stacks

I encountered some wacky and befuddling behavior from elemental stacks in my elemental pouch or case or whatchacally.

Repro Steps
-----------
Have some quantity of each of the 4 elements, including lots and lots of reds.
Make a number of some compound such that you completely use up your blues and have one empty slot in the pouch.
Crush a bunch of beryl chunks to get more blues.

Expected Behavior
-----------------
More blue elements! If I inadvertently make enough reds to exceed my stack size, the extra reds overflow the red stack and are destroyed. Or if I end up with an extra small stack of reds, I can drop them to the ground (or blow them from my palm so they dissipate into the air, or otherwise discard the extras)

Actual Behavior
---------------
I ended up with one max-sized stack of reds, one small stack of reds and no blues:
"You crushed 10 Chunks of Beryl (+10 xp, -40 energy). 40 Blue Elements were created, but destroyed, because you couldn't carry them"
With no way to drop or sell the extra small stack of reds, I could only give them away. I could have also just bought another pouch, and another generic bag to put it and all my shiny loot in, I guess, but that's beside the point!

This happened to me twice and I probably gained a good 20 levels between trying to understand what was happening and trying to fix it so I could continue to experiment with powders. :)

Posted 14 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink