Topic

Hoarding Trophy, Beat This! ;)

I think if there was one, I would def be in the running for first place!   I just started cleaning house and was so surprised at just how much there was, no wonder the lag was so horrible.  ;)

So far today (and I'm not done yet) I've sold or given away;
67,000 Butterfly Milk (not a typo)
4,500 Bubbles
4,600 Vapers
625   Barnacles
335 Bales of Grain  (I use a lot of that one)
6,550 Eggs
7,000 Beans
4,500 Spice
10,000 Cherries
28,000 Meats  (no typo here)
235 Misc. Jewels  ( I kept the diamonds for gifts)
1,225 Hootch
502 Music Boxes  (serious Currents from this)  :)

I haven't even begun on the piles of food and drinks, sauces, potions etc. yet.  Too exhausted to sort through it all for now.  But, I can actually walk through some of my home now!! ;)

I know I can't be the only addicted hoarder...........
Fess up Glitchen! 

Sadly, I'm pretty sure I will be back at it again within a week...........

Posted 12 years ago by Li'll Missy Brenda Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• ...daaaaaaaang. How many currants did you make from all that? o.o I would buy so many cubi boxes.

I'm impressed!
    Posted 12 years ago by Shiromisa Kaya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wowwww, I guess you don't keep them all in bags? That would be ruinous! I maybe have 10% of what you have so far on average, and I thought I was bad!
    Posted 12 years ago by Vaxette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't think to check my currents before I started selling, so I'm not sure.  But, I did check to see what I got from all the Music Boxes...  WOW!   195,360.c,   Save Your Music Boxes!
  • I mostly only have you beat in basic resources xP I started selling and donating all my milk and meat :P I just keep a few thousand of each on hand for emergencies. You just never know when you'll meet a starving band of vagabonds that needs 3,000 steaks.

Mostly my pride and joy is my massive 20,000 cherry pile :P I only recently started hoarding gems, and I only mine occasionally specifically to hoard more gems :P So I have just a few. Maybe 35. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We should start a Hoarding contest Liza, I could donate some of my diamonds to anyone who tops us!  :D
  • 600+ Rubeweed seeds, come at me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I generally have about 1000 meat on my person at one time, and around 6000 grain because I lose track of it and forget to sell it. XD Everything else gets sold right away; my Glitch has worn a path from Broxhurst Green to Cebarkul.
    Posted 12 years ago by Shiromisa Kaya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Go Volkiv!  Woot!
  • So is that a legitimate request? I can send my glitch careening in your direction?
  • Sure, why not?!  Could be fun.
  • Should we just hoard like crazy in general, or hoard one thing to the exclusion of all others until one person lags to death? How do hoarding contests work :P?
  • Do you have cats?
    Posted 12 years ago by Mablem Tiipot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lol, no cats.  I do have a Sheepadoodle, two horses, and 5 fish tho.  :)
  • Dang. You most definitely beat me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • and I thought my 380+ musicblocks were insane, why did I sell them? I felt crazy by hoarding so many, now I see I was no where near crazy enough :(
    Posted 12 years ago by sudv ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a bit over 700 units of Peat on the floor of my house, along with various other things.  Is there a program for obsessive hoarders?  I've always hoarded resources in games, but Glitch has taken it to a whole new level for me...
    Posted 12 years ago by Cloudie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have around 3,000 planks stacked on my floor. I am holding out hope they can be used to build my new house. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same Kookaburra. :) Except I have around 6,000. xD Gonna make the biiiiiggest cabinet. :P If I can!
  • I was doing the same thing, hoarding building material in the event we might need it for the housing change.  The lag was killing me tho.  I just today sold 1,345 blocks of Peat, 468 earth and 81 loam.    I forgot to count the planks, but it took up a lot of space.  Now, I have this fear that I will need all of those things and the rush to harvest them will only make me angry that I sold it all!  I need to call Hoarders Anonymous, anyone have the # handy?     6,000 Liza?  I am humbled.........
    Wanna be my anti-hoarding buddy?   You can call anytime day or night and I will talk you through visiting the venders.  ;)
  • You know as soon as you get rid of that stuff, you're gonna need it...*snicker* 

While I find it curious to see the level of collection that various folks have gone to, I have to agree that many of us were hoping that we'd see those housing changes by now and maybe need some of this stuff.  But it is a sad statement too, that this is what the game has come too...predominately collection of stuff and more stuff.  Not the players faults (since there have been brilliant inventions like the Sandbox group to keep us entertained) as much as it highlights that there is a huge lack of content in the game from TS...here's hoping that the New Year brings in lots of changes to game play, and gives us all so many different things to do that we don't resort to coming in game just to collect stuff, or have an occasional party with our friends.  I want to meet my friends in game because there is cool new stuff to do or cool new content to see/experience - and innovative ways for me to interact with it. I want to collect stuff because I can DO things with it (like expand my house, build furniture, make gifts) not just have it collecting in piles in my home.
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hoard sell hoard sell...You will always have something to do...and if you dislike cooking and or making drinks (like me) pick a drink or food from the menu and fill one bag  and then go MINING for fun  lol
    Posted 12 years ago by Gable875 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG! I HAVE GOT  TO BECOME A HOARDER NOW! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by ♥Cookie Raider♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *sniff* Welcome to the family Sammi. 
  • We multiply like zombies. I think something in our hoarding fingers is transmitted through the words we type into the forum. Your eyes soak up this substance as you read and turn you into a hoarder. :)
  • a sheepadoodle.....that is just wrong in all kinda ways. Poor poodles *Looks at her toy poodle* anyhoo, wow I feel so much better about all the stuff I have now. I thought I had too much!! I wonder if we had to move today, how would you move all that stuff missy! lolll 
    Posted 12 years ago by Queen Zipporah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like that Liza, instead of "brrraaaaiiiinnnnnssss", it will be "ggrrraaaaiiiiiinnnnnssss"!  ;)
  • Mmmm. Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains :)
  • LOL collect those grains free mood plus is great for energy when you run out of regular "food"
    Posted 12 years ago by Gable875 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have to say that I feel much better about my own hoarding tendencies now. :D

Thanks, fellow hoarders. You're both a warning and an inspiration. ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by ✰ Lorelei ✰ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pleasure, Lorelei!  ;)  We do what we can...........
  • Ha! You call that a hoard?
    Liza, of course, beats all.
    Posted 12 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Quiet Pali :P She's got me beat in plenty of categories~
  • Point me towards the Plank trees!!!!   :P
  • Wickdoon mood is home to a 'thriving' wood tree preserve of sorts. Always many planks to be had there.
  • Yawn
    Posted 12 years ago by TheBoyWhoCriedRook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WELL I HAVE MORE MILK
    Together we beat all. :|
  • Oops.
  • That's the Spirit Pal!!!!  Hoard Away!
  • OMG...that's amazing! You've made me want to become a hoarder! I wish you had posted a pic.  I would have loved to have seen all the piles :D
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Arabesque~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Revising, What I thought was a happy little stack of just 80 butterfly milk turned out to be the reason I was lagging so bad.  An additional 9,120 bottles of milk were hidden there.  Grand total of hoarding madness Butterfly milk, 76,320!  Running a little smoother now downstairs.  :)
  • Icons helped but I'm in soooo much trouble when I finish my last three.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All I know is that, to make sure my house didn't lag I processed anything I could process. The lag was actually noticeable before I cleaned my house such that Dave Aflaris commented on it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The lag is an issue, I hope with the new "imagination" homes that it won't be so much.   Having sold everything that I hoarded, I now get annoyed to have to go harvest something when I need it instead of having it on hand.  But, it is so much more pleasant being at home now and having everything go smoothly rather than slow and sketchy or not at all.  :)
  • Other than the meat and milk i dont see anything excessive or impressive about this list(once again other than the milk and meat...wow).  The jewels and musicboxes are pretty standard and easy to get if you dont sell;  the jewels are actually a really small amount Im shocked you mentioned at all.  However,  meats and milk count are nuts!
  • SmitDogg - it is the overall hoard that is so impressive. If she had only collected one or two things she surely would have had more. But to save so much STUFF of all kinds is rather, well, scary!

Good on you Li'll Missy!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kook-  Still dont see it,  even the rest of the items would only take a few days if you were going for them or had a few trees in your backyard and never sold anything.
  • I suggest stocking up on beer though. I expect it to disappear from vendors soon, with it becoming a product of distilling.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator IX Subscriber! | Permalink