Topic

You Used To Be All About the Music, But Now You're All About the Shrimp (Or "Things That Make Me Laugh While I'm Glitching")

Here are the things in Glitch that make me laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME: 

1. The Stuff That Happens When I Take Purple 
2. How Inordinately Panicky I Get When a Juju Bandit Appears 
3. When My Butler's Arm Falls Off 
4. Toxic Moon Parties 
5. Jumping For No Apparent Reason 
6. Rainbow Juice Bouncing 
7. Nose Beans 
8. My Glitchen's Baby Butt When She's Climbing a Ladder 
9. Going to Hell 
10. Watching Everybody Snoozin' in Cebarkul 
11. Whiney, Complainin' Baby Chicks

What are yours?

Posted 12 years ago by traypup Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11
    and, piglets, Glitches with one front tooth, donating by accident, the silly things other gliches do and share, like the embiginifying potion in the log.  I'm still laughing!
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love number 5, but it has given me the bad habit of annoying the crap out of people in other games where it is not considered normal behavior. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ha, I can totally see that...you're in some shoot 'em up, tea-baggin', orc-maulin' game and you're all "Prance! Bound! Caper! Leap! Frolic!"

"......what? Was it something I said?"
    Posted 12 years ago by Epilady Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've always jumped for no reason in every game I've ever played. Zelda (or roll... my sister would get annoyed at this), WoW, whatever game allows me to jump while I'm moving, I do it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chicken Leg Stretch, no doubt. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Hellyeah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 1 Parties.... especially  with people who are pervertedly funny.
    2 Taking funny snapshots with great timing. Zwitter takes great party photos.
    3 No-No contests between friends, to see who could last the longest without dying.
    4 Racing Tickets with friends, you gotta love being competitive, especially when you can cheat, I have levitation, and i used it, Zwitter my R.L. Fiancee was telling me to stop and calling me an ahole.
    5 Those streets that look like your tripping, the streets that have that yellow submarine, beatles look.
    6 Jumping places others cant get too and laughing at them.
    7 Facial expressions with typing great thought bubbles. They need to add more.
    8 Some of the funny notes people leave laying around, it makes you wonder if they were on no-no.
    9Naked  Glitches jumping everywhere.
    10 Whats with these talking trees.... Are they alive or are they part of my imagination...
    Posted 12 years ago by Farting Loudly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "7. Nose Beans"

WTF?
    Posted 12 years ago by Ayzad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You know, Ayzad, when someone uses Sneezing Powder and beans start falling out of everybody's noses!
  • My favorite part of Purple is "Oh no pigeons"

Mostly because I am convinced it is from a favorite comic of mine, one of which says the same thing, and which I have a stitched copy of on my wall.
    Posted 12 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch has ruined me for other games. Now I only play Fable when I've had a bad day and need to kill something.

Although, when I Katamari, I do wish my glitchen could roll things up as she wanders Ur.
  • Repairing my broken tinkertool WITH my broken tinkertool
    Jumping on beds
    the comments from the batterflies, especially 'sigh.'
    Posted 12 years ago by Frogger The Mad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Biohazard, that was on my list, but I took it off so you wouldn't all think I was a total loon who does nothing but take purple and giggle!
  • 1. When stoots butler says GO AWAY BACON!!!! every time I go to his home street.
    2. Stoots reaction when I splank him. (Its really nothing, but its just fun to splank him)
    3. When people say they've never tried bacon, or hate it. LOL the people on glitch are so funny! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Comments from the batterflies, +1!

Also, when people get really creative with naming their animals. A couple of my friends are really good with the bizarre animal names.

Also also, the mouth option with the poked-out tongue. I can't help finding it adorable in this completely doofy way.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tathak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wait, you don't run around and jump constantly irl? I must be doing it wrong... :(
    Posted 12 years ago by awesome sauce01 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • awesome sauce01, you are totally awesome. sauce.

OMG I think I have to add inhabitant stories and the bouncy red pads in the new areas to my list. I laughed and laughed my butt off today!
  • Aw shucks, you shouldn't have :")
    Posted 12 years ago by awesome sauce01 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not sure why, but "digdig" makes me laugh every time. And dirt piles in general are just really endearing. (Add that to the "things you only hear in Glitch" file?)
    Posted 12 years ago by Satu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Trees that want to talk to me. Every time I walk by one, I read out loud the tree's request and then I laugh. "Psst! Spoomy, come talk to me!" LOL!!

It reminds me of the singing bush in The 3 Amigos. I love the idea of gossipy trees :)

Also, I love the vapid teenage-twitter-text-speak of butterflies when you milk them: "Thx! U tots got Milx!" hahaha.

Also, I laugh at most the things my magic rock says to me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Spoomy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love all of the fun user names, like "Spoomy." Sometimes I friend people as they pass me just because the user name cracks me up. 
  • 2,3,10, and chicken neck stretch
    Posted 12 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You're dead.  That sucks.
    Posted 12 years ago by larky lion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Teleport-face! Every. Single. Time. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Tumahura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My top giggle-inducers are:
    Chicken Yoga Toe Stretch (and when they do it behind you it looks as if they are pinching your butt)
    The Tincture Song
    The Toxic Moon Song (EPIC drum rock-out, Animal-style!)
    The music block that reminds me of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    Nose Beans
    The "bottom" censor bar going vertical on ladder climbs!
    Wearing Sushi
    Those NC-17 Wood Trees
    The Nekkid Buff (and the Emo-Bear Moon)
    The Grandiose Giant Love Reverie
    and last but not least
    The We-Asked-For-It-We-Got-It Coconut Bra

(Munchma Kuchi, you win for user name, pants-down! I howl with laughter every single time.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pirate hats!
    Squid hats!
    Panda hats!
    HATS HATS HATS

plot gardens' dialogue
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The looks on the faces of friends, family, co-workers as I attempt explanations of the of the general activities of Glitch - the petting, nibbling, shucking, splanking, gassifiying, crstyalmalzng, etc. Hysterical
    Posted 12 years ago by harriette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • butt scratching n rocking back n forth on my feet. love it
    Posted 12 years ago by Slippy (Throb) Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohh... the list goes on and on.. but some i love:

DB5  - hero music.. i play one for every dev i see... sometimes twice for Rascalmom :) *kiss*
    DR5 - mentioned above - the good the bad the ugly.. although i think it's perfect mining music
    barnacle pirates
    wood tree - hu-huh... i said tree
    jumping on a quoin in a clever location, totally convinced it's a secret decret high value quoin, only to find out it's the absolute lowest base... every.. single... time...  hHAHAHA.. i'm cracking up now thinking about it!!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All of the above plus the way piggies wriggle when you pet them.
    Posted 12 years ago by Reni's Mum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^^ Yes! That bend-in-the-middle waggle! So endearing! It is right up there with The Rube clicking his heels after a trade!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Butt waggle when Glitches climb
    Piggie expressions and sounds
    Rainbow potion jumping or leaping off a tall ledge and floating down.  Always makes me happy.
    Everything about taking purple.. horblethorp.. pigeons.. Mr. Jelly.. the Blue Room
    The *sploosh* sound from harvesting Jelly.
    Hair animation -- when pigtails fly out or my Cleopatra headdress dangles around when I turn my head
    Glitch trains! 
    Butlers zombie and dancing 
    Posted 12 years ago by Ooola Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's the dirt piles for me. I can have bags full of dirt, cupboards full of dirt and I still can't walk by a dirt pile without digging it.
    They LIKE me!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyn Frog, Esq Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It still gets me every time a batterfly says "Make yourself comfortable with this." 
    Posted 12 years ago by Aleph Zero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bumping because posts like this make me happy.
    Posted 12 years ago by Spree Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I laughed so hard reading this that my lap cat left in a huff.

Whoever came up with Purple should get some kind of prize!  And the Purple Face my Glitch makes kills me ded.

Everything the chickens say is hilarious, and watching them try to climb a tree and freak out is comedy gold.
    Posted 12 years ago by freerangefatty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Finding out what happens when you type 'KFC' in the middle of a bunch of chickens. Gets me every time, LOL!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sarabanda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Sarabanda... logging on right now to try this!

Also, butterflies who say "Thx Big Thing xoxo" when I massage them... and butterflies in general just crack me up. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Juniparr Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it's hysterical when Sparkly Rocks flirt with me.
    I love that when I'm trying to climb something rather than something bad happening if I get in the wrong spot or miss, I can just fling myself off a ridiculous height for fun.
    I love how stupidly excited I get, every time, that wah-wonka-wah-wah music that tells me Rube is a comin' for me!
    I smirk in stupid school-girl way every time a chicken tells me that an egg just bit her butt.
    Plus, teleport face and Purple face.

ETA, because how could I forget my favorite juvenile joke: High-class hoe and when it breaks, "That's one broken down old hoe."
    Posted 12 years ago by Colette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jumping instead of walking, jumping off of heights, and the ponytail animation.
    Getting hit on by rocks -  and the fact that EVERYTHING will try to talk to you eventually.
    That expectant look that piggies give you (the player).
    Chickens.  Everything chickens do.
    Realizing that Glitchen actually have no gender.
    Giving food/drinks/hi-fives to random Glitchen while exploring (and finding other people who do that as well).

Mostly I love how the game design encourages being friendly to complete strangers: leaving gifts with your butler, being able to plant in anyone's garden, the give-things-to-5-newbies quest, that hooch bootlegging quest, the Deaths and Remembrances feat ... I feel like a lot of multiplayer games are either competitive or expect you to play with your own clique of friends. Here there's nothing strange about handing a stranger a sandwich or having them give you a cheese.

Speaking of: Cheese is also amusing.
    Posted 12 years ago by Chimeric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Poking small shiny things out of cheese?  Keeps an idiot (like me) amused for hours.

The hippie gas trees and the egghead egg trees.  And even Bean's stupid puns.  (Although the line that *always* gets me is "Shh, I'm thinking up photosynthesis puns!")
    Posted 12 years ago by retstak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Random butt scratching as you wait for something.  "Oh look, I'm watering my garden.  And hereeeeee's the random butt scratch as I switch over to planting!"

Paranoid bubble trees.

Sparkly rocks hitting on me.

Chicken movements.  Happy crab (though to be fair, I squeal more at the expression on the crab's face more than laugh).  

The fact that no matter what, when a juju bandit shows up in AL, I always shout some insult at it in RL.

The snark from the chickens and batterflies.  

There's a lot more, but it's early.
    Posted 12 years ago by Synnia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great topics like these.
    Posted 11 years ago by Spree Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The teleportation face! |:X)
    (random emote face of what I think the tele face is)
    The blue room hing when you take purple and mebbleforp.
    Paranoid bubble trees
    Sparkly rocks hitting on me
    OMG BACON and his comment about stoots butler "GO AWAY BACON"
    Nekkid glitchen
    Censor bars
    Sushi clothes
    Volupta Sneezelips. Gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME!
    Butler zombies
    KFC chickens
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One I found humorous is if you click a Get Out of Hell Free card when alive, the red text that shows up when you mouse over 'Resurrect' says 'Unfortunately, you are alive!' which caused me to be all "Well then, I hate you too,"

Another is the one time a Butterfly wanted to talk to me, and it was using a bunch of internet slang, and so was my Glitch!

Then there's Hell's Bartender. The guy is a huge demon cleaning fragile little glasses! I also like how he acts like that friendly old uncle who always jokes around with you and pokes fun.

When a bubble tree asked if his tin foil hat fell into a harvest, that got me as well.

Oh! And soaking people with watering cans in Jal is fun too, as they get so confused!
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Inanimate objects attempting to flirt with me.
    The crushing sarcasm of the chickens.
    Pocket Salmon(TM).
    Teleportation face.
    Posted 11 years ago by Akane Tuna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This.
  • Besides that...

The mood I won when I caress a banana on my first day...
    ... laugh again, when I tried after and it replies I'm too old for that!

The wood trees, oh the wood trees, I want a inflatbale talking wood tree.
    Posted 11 years ago by zoom.b Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A new one: the sound the salmen make when they are releasesed: a tiny "wheeee!"
  • I love that it wasn't weird for me to just give stuff away to strangers. Or just start up conversations about anything. Random hugs and kisses that don't make you a creepy stalker.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink