Topic

SUGGESTIONS: We need to find a good game to migrate to....

Please list the games you play that may be possibilities! Thank You! 

Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • www.smallworlds.com/
    Posted 11 years ago by Gopu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mabinogi...the only thing that can hold my attention aside Glitch. But it's no replacement if your a fan of the quirky style of Glitch. I doubt anything would be :(

A trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnL6yJL7dSo and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3oM9mSMBlE
    Posted 11 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SmallWorlds.com is a great site for social interaction. Similar to Glitch in a lot of ways in that it's an online Flash game, lots of way to customize your avatar, huge community of people to talk to...  
    Posted 11 years ago by JaredFiver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ah, the only other game i play is transformice.com . I like the art, but the players are very mean. No other game can top Glitch though *sighs*
    Posted 11 years ago by menthia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Didn't care for smallworlds, but that's just me. Hope some of you will post more suggestions.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Minecraft is my suggestion if you're looking for something somewhat similar to Glitch. Minus the community... and the whimsy.

Second Life if you're looking for community without game mechanics. Though Second Life is a very different game from Glitch (you could argue its not even a game, a virtual world more like, anywhooo...). A lot of Second Lifers came to Glitch, myself included. If any SLers will be willing to join a Group or something to keep in touch, let me know.
    Posted 11 years ago by Juniparr Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I wouldn't really call Second Life game. And almost any content costs real money. Since all the clothes/hair is done by the players.

Is Maple Story still around? I used to really like that game. Until my computer stopped wanting to load it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Gwyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Second Life SUCKS. For those over 18, please look at http://www.there.com/

I really think you would like it. Honestly, I do.
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • is There open to new players now, Innie? Last time I checked, it was just letting previous subscribers on.
    Posted 11 years ago by Crrrystal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Transformice is very fun, but yes, the community is extremely rude and unwelcoming. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Phosomania Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We could make a minecraft server...Maplestory....
    Posted 11 years ago by ❅Cobalt❅ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And make a Glitch minecraft texture pack. xD
    Posted 11 years ago by Phosomania Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That'd be great :P
  • Team Fortress
  • How about microvolts?My gosh i love that game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Emilia Rosalinda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Firefall..ROBLOX could be one, horrible community though.
  • I play Rings of Orbis - http://tinyurl.com/b5brpm8.
    I'm still figuring my way around since I only joined a few days ago. Nathan Fillion plays it (incentive, woo!). 

It's completely different from Glitch, just FYI.

I also play Realm of the Mad God.
    Posted 11 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't think I'll ever be able to MMO again
    Posted 11 years ago by Godiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No game will ever be like Glitch
  • Ok guys....ive done some research.
    Keeping in mind to make it a browser game...or try to....
    i already actively play http://www.transformice.com/.....which is an Browser MMO of Lemmings for simple explanation. 1 world with many many rooms, F2P

http://www.puppetguardian.com/ Game is a F2P MMORPG, Browser Game, one world, (there is a seprate aditional site for the Japanese version, this is the English version site)lots of crafting , Has a subscriber option, $5,a month, great community, BTW the owner / designer is the person who made Howl's Moving Castle
    http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/ 8 bit Browser Dungeon Fighter  F2P,

If were simply looking for a place to gather and chat...theres always http://www.kaneva.com/ 
    Kaneva has a decent community, at least its quite a bit better than SL...one world, small download
    http://en.smeet.com/ Smeet is a browser version of SL....essentially.
  • What about The End?
    Posted 11 years ago by Rammi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The End looks cool...and I love Minecraft. But honestly, nothing will replace Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Shrimpables Subscriber! | Permalink
  • how much do these games cost? i'm just curious. i'm sad to say goodbye to glitch, and to all of you wonderful people.
    Posted 11 years ago by Capt. S.T. Weasley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nothing remotely compares to Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Moonlit Mane Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I play Team Fortress 2/ Lots of steam games, and Guild Wars 2, if anyone is interested in playing with me!
    Posted 11 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I guess I could go back to WoW. I hear you can be a panda now...
    Posted 11 years ago by Moonlit Mane Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want to cry, but instead, I just made a Facebook group for those interested in being together, sharing photos, and speaking about squeezing chickens....hopefully we could discuss new games, etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/307554002686625/
    Posted 11 years ago by NutMeg Botwin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm in the Civility Group, and we've started a thread for game suggestions there too, which we can share here.
    My criteria for a replacement game (can anything ever replace Glitch???) are: 
    browser-based, imaginative playful game style rather than a mimic of RL activity and actions, friendly non-griefing fellow players, the ability to move freely and meet and interact with other players anywhere rather than being limited to only a clan or guild or whatever, NO war or aggressive activity required as part of the game, devs are friendly and interact and respond to player input, and more players than not are caring sharing fun helpful and friendly toward newcomers, and the game itself is fun funny irreverent intelligently and impishly sideways tongue-firmly-in-cheek thought-provokingly humor filled.
    Posted 11 years ago by Talaria Wingfoot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Transformice though we can always go to a specific room, good idea would be Glitch and form our own tribe. The players can be mean in that game...agreed....but you can also change chat to wingdings....i often do that, if i cant see the text....its an easy way to mute trolls. However in a room that only we would use it would be very limited as to ppl we dont know anyway, and theres always the Tribe House.
    (edit) Tribe House is a private room for Tribe members only
  • Yes Crrystal, its open to the public now.
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maplestory is still around and going strong....played it for a long time....but its so grindy i get tired of it. Played Mabinogi as well...and for that matter most of the Nexon Games. Mabinogi isnt bad, still prefer Maplestory though, of the two. Aside from the good community aspect....with Puppett Guardian( i mentioned it above) i do like the fact that theres no lvl's. Maplestory has 200 lvl max per character....its very grindy. And so are most RPG's for that matter.
  • A Glitch Minecraft server on peaceful (or mostly peaceful?) would be an awesome thing, even though it can't replace Glitch. :'~(
    Posted 11 years ago by Rannera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wonderland? its a client download mmo, a little behind its time on graphics though the 2D animation is pretty nice in my opinion
    Posted 11 years ago by Arsura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • THERE IS NOTHING I CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW GOOD THIS GAME IS D:
    Posted 11 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm really seconding or thirding or whatever a Glitch minecraft server with a glitch texturepack, I'd love to see what kinds of glitchy creations people can create, even though we just won't be able to squeeze the chickens or pet piggies :')
    Posted 11 years ago by Kachek47 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love love LOVE a Glitch Minecraft server!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jokes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kingdom of loathing is a pretty good game - text based, cute, full of puns and pop culture references, limited PvP (depending on if you choose to participate), groups to be involved with, but you don't interact in the same way as you can in glitch - you can send messages, chat, trade, etc. but you're not in the same location as the other person. I haven't played in a while, because you only get a limited number of adventures per day, and I got frustrated waiting for more turns. It has some of the whimsy of glitch, but not as much depth in the community feel, not straight away (but their wiki is fabulous).

Ankhet
    is another text-based game that I loved when I joined - the community is strong and vibrant, and welcoming of new players - BUT it relies on PvP and has no opt-out, and its regular playerbase is kind of small, so arguments sometimes come back to "that thing you said 5 years ago, and I don't agree with you still" - I'm not playing right now, but I think that glitch players with strong opinions would really enjoy the community feel, and anyone who argued that the Rook wasn't a big enough bad guy will find plenty of (player and virtual) bad guys to beat up with their text-based links. If you have a strong personality, you'll love it. It has the depth of glitch, as far as caring about a community, but not the same whimsy and cuteness.
    Posted 11 years ago by Oopsy Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been wanting to try Minecraft for quite a while, but jobless and 20€ do not go together at the moment :(
    I'm putting every link in my Glitch bookmarks folder - for later, then I'll take a look at the free to play ones.
    If I wasn't on a netbook, I'd go back to Lord of the Rings Online, I'm a lifetime subscriber, but that will have to wait for better times :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mabinogi is beautiful, but game-wise it's not so great. Too much grinding.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kingdom of Loathing is great and fun! More adult, too.

Not the same graphic wise as Glitch, however.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been on a minecraft server, and the requirement to make a town is large enough that I would most definitely want to make the world of Ur public to minecraft eyes. I want to recreate every single region, tree, and maybe even a home street region.

If anyone is making a texturepack let me know. It doesn't have to be hi resolution, but it should look like Glitch. Far too sad to see it go..
    Posted 11 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I brought up a game called Travians in the other thread. And now that I think of it, there's a cool game called A Tale In The Desert. Its a game of exploration and crafting mixed in with social, puzzle and other elements. I really liked it when I played. There is an sub required after the first 24 hours of actual play time. (actually quite a long time!) The only reason I'm not playing is because I'm on a tight budget and would like something free. I don't mind paying something here or there,  but I don't want to lose progress or not be able to access my character during my dry spells.
    Posted 11 years ago by EzBreezy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just thought of something...and its IDEAL.....text game but very quirky, humorous and fun. Only text game thats held my attention:

http://www.nationstates.net/
  • KoL is a lot of fun, and I do play it, if any of you migrate over there, feel free to drop me a line - I'm Synnia over there as well.  (It makes it easy).  But I do want to find something with the same whimsy, fun, and jokes as Glitch.  
    Posted 11 years ago by Synnia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm, Puzzle Pirates?
    Simple interface, can fit lots of people in one room, avatars look pretty cool.. even though you are a pirate, and most pirates are not very cute, nor they are happy; but these ones are! And then there's Puzzles! Ok it's kind of old.. it looks like fun.
    Posted 11 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah I +1 the minecraft server idea make it tekkit though tekkit makes minecraft so much better.
    Posted 11 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for minecraft with tekkit! I've been looking for a good, mature server for some time now!

And another +1 for Puzzle Pirates. I used to love that game! 
    Posted 11 years ago by EzBreezy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh puzzle pirates was in the other thread XD
    from the other thread:How about puzzle pirates thats a cool game. It doesn't really have any violence sure your a pirate and have cannons but the action is all done through mini games. The house and ship customization is realitivly nice all the items are pirate themed but you can still create some nice houses. The biggest problem with the game though is that the devs don't really pay it much mind anymore. They release a new ship every month but it costs real money.

Or we could all just move to neopets :DDDDD
    Posted 11 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • playstarbound.com
    This one's not out yet, but should be soon. I've been waiting for sometime, it looks really cool:)
    Made by the same people that made Terreria.
    Posted 11 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm on Kingdom of Loathing too.  Delighted to see so many other KoL players here.  A bunch of us refugees from another game that went belly up (Vikings Pirates Ninjas) over 2 years ago sailed over to KoL after we had checked out a lot of other games, and many of us enjoyed it enough to stay.  I'm norsegodofmischief on KoL, currently head honcho of Farewell Transmission clan.  KoL can seem offputting at first, but there is an awesome and extremely extensive Wiki that will walk you step by step through everything if you want, and players are very willing and eager to help.  You have to reach level 3 to join a clan, but that's quick and easy, and once you're in a clan like mine, you'll have all the help and guidance you need.  It's not Glitch, but it's fun, funny, irreverent, off-the-wall humor, and a very loyal and friendly player base for over 9 years.  It's browser based, stick-figure, lots of quests to figure out, both individual and group participation activities, free to play, although you can donate $10 to get a Mr. A and then use the Mr. A in the store to buy the Item Of The Month if you want.  However, you can play just fine without spending a dime.  You can also "visit" other clans if you're invited, can have more than one character to play with, and each character can be in a different clan if you like.  There is PvP as an OPTION with a special "arena" for it, for those who like PvP now and then.
    Contact me on KoL where I'm norsegodofmischief, and I'll be happy to help you get started as will any of the others KoLers who've already posted here.
    Maple Story - I dipped a toe in there about 3 years ago, got a virus from one of their help pages, and haven't been back since.  It was not my type of game anyway, as it seemed the focus was on grow and conquer, just a modified war game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Talaria Wingfoot Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3