Topic

T.S How does the SB-1 Musicblock drop in game?

TELL US FINALLY :D

Posted 11 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • Hear hear!!
    Posted 11 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YES
    Posted 11 years ago by Captain Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have been waiting for this answer for a long time!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kirnan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wasn't it mentioned that the SB-1 is obtained though an "in-game action", which is another way of saying that Stoot gives it to you in-game personally?
    Posted 11 years ago by Macs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The SB-1 is bestowed by a Dev (at his/her own discretion) for doing an act of extreme glitchiness. Not sure if all the devs decide together, and I don't know if stoot knows about who gets an SB 1 when, but I'd like to think he does.

ETA: In pending optimism that a miracle will turn the fate of this game around, I can't supply specifics until a dev does.
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's been confirmed by devs that it drops somehow. More here: www.glitch.com/forum/genera...
  • According to Essie Kitten, a former player support, the odds of the SB-1 dropping from an in-game action is 833:1, but unfortunately she couldn't reveal the action at the time (approximately 6 months ago).
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If they're letting us have plates of beans, I see no harm in telling us how to get an SB-1!
    Posted 11 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very curious about this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i want to know too!
    Posted 11 years ago by Herb Herbally Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This would be interesting, please tell us!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Its easy, all you do is.....*gets hit by lightning*
    Posted 11 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Really, REALLY would love to know this,,,would love to try to get one before the EotW gets here.
    Posted 11 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm pretty sure you find this by digging in patches.
    Posted 11 years ago by Godiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think Godiva is on to something. You have to dig a patch, and have SA5 (? "a high level skill" was the TS quote), to even get the roll for an SB-1. With the 5(?) minute delay to redig the same patch that would explain the very limited number of rolls.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, let us know the secret before EotW!
    Posted 11 years ago by Nezzie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How do you know this godiva?
    Posted 11 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That makes total sense, because it would have to be an in-game activity that nobody really does all that often. There's no reason to dig patches, it only really happens by accident...
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it was also said that it could be done by a player on their first day.  so i think SA5 would help the chances but not required to trigger the drop.
  • I posted a thread on the forums, previously, detailing how a Patch told me it had a "key" buried inside it, and was trying to acquire more information about said key.

www.glitch.com/forum/genera...

No one that replied had any knowledge of a key being buried in a Patch.
    I posted that thread 26 days ago, and wrote it off as just being in-game lore, like how Chickens are afraid of the Hooded Warrior.

Later, a Shrine to Mab asked me if I had found the key yet, and called the key a "guffin." I immediately googled "Guffin" and came to "MacGuffin," which is a plot device used to move the action of a story forward  (article on wikipedia here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGu...).

At this point I completely wrote off the idea of the Key being an actual item, because after reading that wikipedia article, I was sure it was just a sort of inside joke on the part of the design team.

But then.... the plot thickens...

I began a personal quest to acquire 1,000,000 currants. At the time, I decided the most efficient way to make money, for me, was to produce Trantsformation potions and then sell them to the tool vendor in Cebarkul. For those who are unaware, a Transformation potion requires yellow crumb, rube, and rookswort essences. I'm the type of player who enjoys performing actions in large chunks rather than individually, so I started growing all the herbs first, one at a time, then stockpiling the essences. So I had a lot of Rubeweed on hand...

..and since I'm the type of player who performs actions in large chunks I frequently have a secondary task that I do during the first task's downtime, which in this case become producing SDB's (for what it's worth, I made more money selling SDBs than selling potions, but that's a different story).....SDBs need Snails, which need Rods, which need Ingots, which needs chunks of Metal, so I did a lot of mining. I have a great love for Diamonds, which I'd frequently say in Global, not sure if anyone noticed, and since I had so much Rubeweed stocked up from making the potions, I started using Rubeweed while I mined to get more diamonds.

I didn't notice an increase in the amount of Gems I got while mining with Rubeweed, so I started doing research on whether or not Rubeweed actually affects the Drops....

...which led me to this thread:
    www.glitch.com/forum/genera...

Take special note of striatic's response, which I paraphrase here:
    "i had a chat with staff about this and learned the following...it is "mostly for getting loam and stuff", unless it is broken."

Hm... Loam... interesting...
    Loam comes from Dirt Piles
    Loam also comes from Patches
    Loam...and stuff

Then I started thinking what other rare drops could possibly come from a Patch, like a Key... Gems used to be restricted to Mining, but now they can be gotten from Gardening. Each resource had to have its own special treasure table of rare items.

I search-engined "glitch wiki rare" and the top response was Musicblock SB-1.

Patches existed before Dirt Piles did...and before Home streets.

I immediately left the Potion Promenade Route and redecorated my street, removing most of the resources and replacing them with Patches.

If you look at the text of what the initial Patch told me: "But somewhere, in some patch, he left a key. An he said that if you FINDS it, you know the secret of the giants" it makes sense that this "key" is the SB-1, for the lyrics of the SB-1 explain the whole story of the game...
  • Stoot PLEASE  may i have one......sheesh!! he can only say no :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So, should I kill all my trees to get lots of patches, or not?:)
    Posted 11 years ago by nekomaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nekomaki you can just dig the patches on my street.
  • So...is this really how we can get the SB-1?
  • I would like some confirmation, as well.
  • I would also like to know the answer to this question.

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've gotten the Mab Guffin and the patch psssts, too. Intriguing.
    Posted 11 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love Godiva's post!
    Makes me long for more of these stories and mysteries in this wonderful game.
    But alas it is not to be.
    Posted 11 years ago by Simplin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Let's test it! Dig all the patches!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there a home street "patch route"?

:)
    Posted 11 years ago by LynnieR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *bump* :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Xacau Feera Blin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • another bump
    Posted 11 years ago by Fly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still waiting, here!
  • i love lore :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I remember staff told someone it happens on a certain street, but i can't remember which street it is! Sorry!
    Posted 11 years ago by sev Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bumpity bump
  • I really want to see the block...
  • For the love of giants, STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD. The most valuable resource, in any forums, is the space which posts have at the top to grab the attention of everyone. Unless you think your thread is so important that EVERYONE MUST read your post, which this certainly isn't, you're just being selfish.

And yes, I'm fully aware of the irony that this post too will bump this thread. I just can't believe I'm wasting my last few days in this game ranting about this. Please, stop.
    Posted 11 years ago by Boom and Bust Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Important? Maybe not. But very interesting for a lot of people, since this has been kind of a Glitch-legend since the beginning.

PS: BUMP. :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Waffle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Boom and Bust> But it is important to the many people that are contributing and bumping this post.

Please cool down and smile. The sun is shining somewhere you know, an even if it isn't there is no need to rain on others :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Simplin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So it seems my optimism in a miracle was misplaced by a couple of light years, it is time to lay this matter to rest, I suppose.

I cannot verify the authenticity of the other methods but I can vouch for what I have said, because its I how I got mine.

I also do not know if other in game actions can get you an sb-1 but I was told about the digging patches theory too.
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nobody ever said that SB-1s don't come from staff members; indeed, all known blocks that exist have been given out by staff members. It's the in-game drop method that remains a mystery.

And yeah, I am usually vaguely annoyed when people don't contribute anything more than "*bump*" to keep a thread active, but saying that people participating in a discussion are being selfish, I don't get that. But I do understand that times are rough right now and hope that all feel better soon. And I do hope that we get an answer so I am not haunted by this for the rest of my days! ;)
  • To be clear, I have higher priorities (Glitchmas, Pi-day, etc), but finding out how SB-1s drop is one of my higher priorities. Sorry it's not yours, B&B. 

--Me, not feeling guilty about bumping this thread, and digging patches while in-game, with no luck so far.
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, like many here, this is one of my highest priorities, given that this is one of the most legendary of all items.
  • Yeah Boom and Bust, please stop bumping this thread... oh wait
    Posted 11 years ago by Mikah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've got a feeling it's somewhere in groddle forest or groddle meadow but i could be wrong..
    Posted 11 years ago by sev Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Patch  Hur hur hur. Yus. Not Mabbit. Mabbite. Eleventy-FOUSAND yearas before you. Mahir buried fings in patches. Mahir liked patches. Sometime he did bury musical blockses, and sometime he did bury secret fings. Bits of Mabbite history an’ stuffs.

Sekkrets!
    Posted 11 years ago by MarbhDamhsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So many people have dug patches that with an 833:1 chance, someone should have gotten it randomly by now, so it must be a specific patch somewhere and not just any patch. Or maybe there needs to be some combination of items in your inventory. Maybe a patch on a street with a crab present?
  • You guys need to understand what a 833:1 chance is: is a pretty a rare chance. It means that even if you dig a patch 833 times you might not get it at the 834 try... or the 835... or the 836... or even at the 1833 try... get it? 

To understand how rare it is Imagine a 834 sided dice, only one side has a SB-1 and the rest is blank: Every time you dig a patch, you roll that gigantic dice having one chance in 833 to win. No win? Well, next patch you need to roll the dice again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mikah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mikah, yes, but over the course of the last year or so, don't you think at least 100,000+ or more patches have been dug? Even if it's unlikely, at least a few people out of 100,000 total patches dug among every player should have gotten it randomly, but that does not seem to be the case.

In the same scenario, someone could have gotten it in less than 833 tries too...
Previous 1 2 3