Topic

T.S How does the SB-1 Musicblock drop in game?

TELL US FINALLY :D

Posted 11 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 Next
  • I was happy to have and hold the SB-1 and T-1, but I don't need them to make my preparations for the end of the world.  If a player who missed the feat would like to hold and listen to these items - and then, hopefully, pass them on again to another player who missed the feat or otherwise missed the reward - I will happily pass them along.

(And if you want to give me some moneys or unopened series 2 cubimal boxes as a thank you donation to my absurd "must find all cubimals naturally by opening my own boxes only" project, then that would be lovely, but not necessary.)

ETA: Message me in game, since I wouldn't want to take away from the true message of this forum: (HOW) DOES THE SB-1 DROP IN GAME?!
    Posted 11 years ago by Persephone Pear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (pssst ... Little Miss Giggles ... check your butler ...)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I missed out on helping with the feat- couldn't get into Ur... and therefore did not get a T-1 or and SB-1... :'(
    Posted 11 years ago by SlimeNose the Erst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still want to know how this thing drops too!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kirnan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah I'm still a little upset about the game closing. And of all the feats I've only gotten to participate in one (the Qurazy Quoin gathering one), and I'm on Twitter off and on all day long. If the game were going to continue I'd suggest feats be held over several days like Zilloween and perhaps even cap how many times you can participate each game day to give a fairer chance.
    Posted 11 years ago by KatGamer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I missed it?!?!  I'm with Little Miss Giggles on this one, kinda stings.  :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Mahalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I couldn't deal with a feat being more than 24 hours. It seems to be a good amount of time, not too short, not too long. Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter since the game is ending. We are getting feats next week, though...So, keep on the lookout. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by kepi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And still, I'd like to know what in-game action causes SB-1 to drop.

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Less than 7 days left to figure this out before the game closes!

What we know for sure so far:
    The odds of this action dropping the Musicblock SB-1 is 833:1
    It has something to do with the Soil Appreciation skill chain and possible actions associated with those skills.
    No one happens to have stumbled upon this randomly yet, but the drop is still available in the game. After all it is a lot of luck even if the exact action was figured out.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • But still no reports of first hand experiences, right? I say it's a myth. :-D

In game action = a dev gives the SB-1 to you. Period. :-p
    Posted 11 years ago by Waffle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Waffle, but we do have first hand account of multiple staff confirming those known characteristics.
  • How about such a hypothesis: perhaps the block has a chance of dropping only on a certain level of the Soil Appreciation skill, i.e. a skill low enough. Most players who’d dig patches have the skill maxed up, but a newbie who could do it on day one would not and thus he could get that 833:1 chance
    This could explain why no amount of people actually searching for the drop could get it – the type of person who’d know about the drop is probably already way to advanced to be able to get it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Asthner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or, it only drops on certain streets. And since most streets with an empty patch turn into trees quickly...

--Me
  • Very good point, Asthner. It'd be even more difficult if it only works for people within a certain level range too.
  • Hi all!  In an effort to help, I just wanted to mention that I got an Musicblock SB-1 while gardening and making planks in my backyard.  I got it simultaneously with a Musicblock GNG and a Musicblock T-1.   Sorry I don't have more specifics... but at least you know you don't have to be given it by a staff member!  Happy Glitching til the end!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Underfoot Peepaw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Underfoot, that was the prize from the Toys feat. There is a separate action that's been around for a long time now.
  • I have a extra SB-1 if anyone is interested for 100,000 currants..first one to post after this that wants it will get it for that price. thanks! 
    Posted 11 years ago by GarthBnut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • GarthBnut, i'll take it!
    Posted 11 years ago by saraswati Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK ..are you in the game now? If so come to my street
    Posted 11 years ago by GarthBnut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • (thanks GarthBnut!)

now that i've had a chance to listen to the SB-1, i can pass it along, and am willing to trade for 100,000 currants if anyone else would like to listen  :)

(msg me in-game, thank you).
    Posted 11 years ago by saraswati Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hope TS never tells us anything about the SB-1 mechanics.

They're given us everything anyone has ever clamored for, including unlimited plates of beans and T-1s. (I know not everyone got a GNG, SB-1, and/or T-1, but they were made available to everyone and are now considered common enough that they should be within everyone's reach.)

Let there be one mystery left; one that can grow to mythic proportions, one that can lend doubt to anyone claiming to truly "know", one that can become anything that we can imagine.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
  • one mystery? there are PLENTY of more mysteries about this game.  It would be really interesting if after the game closes (or maybe the final game day) the Devs exposed some (or even all) of the easter eggs that were hidden in Glitch that we never found...
    Posted 11 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ IxÆoN  -- couldn't agree more.

So, TS -- what causes SB-1 to drop?

--Me
  • --Me too
    Posted 11 years ago by Sare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "I love you, Tii!"
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, there are plenty of mysteries in Glitch, and I really like the idea of an Easter Egg dump. I just think that this one secret would be the most likely to become Glitch legend since it's the only one people have consistently asked for.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hurry up, it's time!
  • So how did this drop in game? :) 
    Posted 11 years ago by axton Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SPOILER ALERT if you are enjoying reading this thread with the idea that there is no actual answer I'm about to ruin it SPOILER ALERT

You had an extremely very supremely tiny minuscule chance of getting this as a drop while tending a patch with Soil Appreciation 5.
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aha we finally get to know :P
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the answer, Little Poundcake. Did anyone actually get one from tending a patch?
    Posted 11 years ago by ☠ lala512 ☠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Exactly how small is an extremely very supremely tiny miniscule chance?
    Posted 11 years ago by The Mighty Dino Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gotcha.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :D excited that an answer to this was posted, hee
    Posted 11 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YAY! Thanks for the answer!
    Posted 11 years ago by Keymo Machine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much for the answer!
    Posted 11 years ago by axton Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *smokes a cigarette* Was it good for you?

*lies back*
    Posted 11 years ago by Meromorphic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the denouement!
  • AHhhhh, I tended then dug- a LOT of patches- guess I was never lucky enough. 

Oh well, It's the end of Ur as we know it....
    Posted 11 years ago by SlimeNose the Erst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG, that was so good. So good. 

OOOOOOOHHHHH!

--Me
  • SPOILER ALERT OH GOD NO

How small, you ask? Well...

When you tended a patch with SA5, there was a 1% chance that you'd get a chance to get the SB-1. If you happened to hit on that lucky 1%, we rolled the dice again, and there was a 1% chance you'd get the SB-1 at this point. You'd get a BB-2 the other 99% of the time.

So! Your odds were 1% of 1%. I don't think we know of anyone who got the music block this way.
  • 1 in 10,000 chance... Wonder where the 833:1 came from then.
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • I totally love it that Glitch was the kind of game that offered any chance at all. I totally hate it that I had to use the word "was."
    Posted 11 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for the infos, LP :)
  • Tending 12 patches = 1 in 833 chance? Not a lot of streets with 12 patches, but home streets could have them.

(I KNOW that 10,000 / 12 is not exactly the correct probabiliy-- I have a degree in math, and did grad-level stats. It really is close enough for gov't work.)

--Me
  • I unscientifically experimented with this for about fifteen months, and must have tended thousands of times, but never found an SB-1 in a patch.  I did find lots of other music blocks, loam, and the occasional diamond.  There were occasional reports of players finding an SB-1 in a bag, and not knowing how it got there; while most of them were probably placed there by staff, it is possible that some were bonus drops.
    Posted 11 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 Next