Topic

Glitchen Care Package

I know I am not the only one who is emotionally unstable because of the sudden news. Thankfully, we have been given quite a good bit of time to prepare. Before I explain what a Glitchen Care Package is, let me first give you a little background. 

I have been playing newly-developing (often in beta testing) for quite a while. My gaming history began with a beautiful game called the Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK). This game was made by Disney and I absolutely fell in love with it. Eventually Disney announced they would stop the game. Sadly, I was not aware of the oncoming destruction so when I went to re-join the world... the land I loved was gone. How I wish I had images, files, or even a glimpse of the game I loved.

Now,  on to what my GCPs are. I have been saving, downloading, and overall keeping every little thing I can since the announcement. My plan is to compile all my Glitch files and wrapping them all up in a easy .zip file. This will contain music and pictures from the game. Since our beloved glitch.com will disappear at the end of the year, I have gone ahead and backed up the site itself as far as I can. In the GCPs, there will be the html files of the Encyclopedia, About, Help, and quite a good bit of the Forums and Profiles. This will make it so you can explore the site as it is now even after the site goes away.

Gathering and compiling all these will take a decent amount of time so I am leaving this note to take requests. If you want a certain sound, song, or anything please respond to this post. I will do my best to get those. When I am finished, I will post a link here for you to download the files for memories.

(Of course, this is means for reminiscing and to save memories. Nothing will be used for profit of any kind. Also, notes will be included pointing the work to the correct author and/or owner.) 

All my love to you, fellow Glitchen. You have made these past few years so wonderful. I will miss you all.

Stay Glitchy!

Project Log:
*Website saved as deeply as possible: Download 
(NOTE: It seems TS has decided to release quite a bit of new content before it goes down. The download here is the site a few days ago. Closer to the end, I will re-scan the site and upload it with all the new stuff.)

Files in GCP
-Everything from: glitch.com/downloads
-Everything from: w3k.id.au/Glitch/
-Every Musicbox Sound

Update:
12/9/12

-Today, our beloved world will vanish. I am compiling everyting I can into one nice package. Check back here often. Within the next few days I will post the entire package for you to download. 

Help Requested:
If you would like to help by sending me files or sounds... I and every other glitchen would thank you so very much. If you would like to help compile Glitch, send me a message either in-game or to my email at (nafetsthegreat@gmail.com). You will be included in a contributer file that will be in the GCPs

Posted 11 years ago by Nafets Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This is a wonderful idea! Please let us know whether there is anything we can do to help!
    Posted 11 years ago by ricepapergirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • GNG Musicblock song, please!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jenerator Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, my. Thank you so much. I have only been here for two months and there is so much I haven't discovered yet. One more month is not enough time for it all. You are giving me such a great gift.
    Posted 11 years ago by WindRose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, please put the singing to butterflies sound in :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by WindRose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • GNG Music is in safe and ready. 
    I will grab the butterfly singing sound next. 
  • Oh Nafets!!

I, too, was a VMK player!   When VMK closed, I discovered FS.  When FS closed, I discovered Glitch.

I'm too old for this me'thinks.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is wonderful! Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by ☠ lala512 ☠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is beautiful, thank you. Please try to include the song the conch plays. It is so beautiful.
    Posted 11 years ago by Twinkle Star Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, I would love the music from the DG5 Musicblock!
    Posted 11 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh Thank-you
    Posted 11 years ago by Greenie Copper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • heh... i already started recording the music <<;;;  i didn't want it to go
    Posted 11 years ago by yeth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hmm deffinatly GNG musicblock, But I also like the Sb-1 Musicblock.
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a full collection of the standard musicblocks (none of the special ones, but all the ones you get trophies for getting sets of), and I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to record them, if you want to focus on other things instead, Nafets.
    Posted 11 years ago by Adelene Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, this is such a wonderful contribution to your fellow Glitchen.

Could we be sure to have the Rube making a "good deal, good deal" and some happy piggies waggling their butts? Those are two things I am going to miss the most.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please, oh please! :D

Conch music
    Firebog music
    Jellisac "splorch"

This is a lovely idea, thank you so much for all the work you are putting into saving our corner of the internet for us.
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A really lovely idea! Please keep us all posted!
    Posted 11 years ago by Feverfew Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some of the things being asked for have already been collected (not by me): w3k.id.au/Glitch/
  • - Enthusiastically second the happy piggy animation and the Rube shudering animation
    - Also the sad piggy animation

- The music from uutiif
    Posted 11 years ago by Vastra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All the musicblocks, including SB-1 and GNG.
    The theme music that plays throughout Groddle Isle.
    Bog theme music.
    Uralia and Ix themes.
    Ilmenskie Deeps/Caverns themes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You mentioned you're gathering music -- I'd just like to put in my vote for any and all background music on the various streets.  I'm a new player so I can't think of any  particular favourites right now, but all the music in this game is beautiful.  I've recorded a few of my own but my setup is far from ideal.  I've been screencapping and snapping a heap since I heard the sad news.

Thanks to anyone putting in effort to archive this game in any way possible.
    Posted 11 years ago by SydneyNaNo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, so much support with this project. Later today I will create a list of things already added so everyone can keep track. 
  • Thank you for this! I've been collecting a lot, too, so if you need any help getting snapshots, just let me know.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You are a lifesaver with this package!! 

+1 to GNG Music Block! Also, please add in piggie images (including piggie plop) and piggie sounds, if possible. I have grown terribly fond of those pink critters. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Fawnie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm collecting sounds now. I have all the standard musicblocks, plus:

Bag Switch (the 'thunk' it makes when you click on a bag in your inventory)
    Bubble Tuner
    Chicken Squeeze
    Cubimal Race
    Dig
    Drop Item
    Eat Food
    Fruit Changer
    Gassifier
    Hi
    Home Street Teleport
    Imagination Menu Open
    Imagination Menu Close
    Imagination Menu Bloops
    Knife and Board
    Mining
    Nibble Piggy
    Nibble Piggy + Super Harvest
    Pick Up Item
    Piggy Feed
    Spice Mill
    Tree Sigh
    Tree Water
    Triple Jump
    Trophy Get
    Upgrade Card Get Sequence
    Upgrade Card Reshuffle
    Vendor Purchase
    Zoom In/Out Click

I've given away most of my items, so I'm not going to be able to get any sounds that require lots of materials or tools that I can't re-buy, but if there's any other common sound that you'd particularly like to make sure is recorded, let me know.

(I am not the OP! I'm trying to do the easy bits so the OP can focus on the harder bits.)
  • I want to point out that you can get snaps of an entire street... if a team of people mobilized to get snaps of all the streets in a given area we could have snaps of all the streets saved forever, too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thaumatrope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nottis music, please! And thank you so much, Nafets!! xxoo
    Posted 11 years ago by Rowanelle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thaumatrope: I actually did a panoramic pic of my favorite spot, which happens to be in a tower. Unfortunately, given how the background layers in most places move when your view moves, most anyplace else won't really work as a panorama made of multiple snaps - the foregrounds will line up but the backgrounds will be all choppy. (I tried it in a street in Haoma, which seemed like a good bet for not having fiddly background stuff to argue with me, but even there I had an issue with semi-background stalactites not cooperating.)

If you just meant 'regular snaps of each area', I think we'll be able to see all the old snaps taken in each place for as long as the website is up (which they're saying it will be for a decent while after the game itself goes away) - that's accessible through the encyclopedia. It'd probably be a better use of everyone's time to download those and save them off than to try to take a bunch of new pics, except maybe of the newest or least traveled areas.
  • I agree with the conch suggestion.  Love the conch!

I am so happy someone is doing/knows how to do this.  I've only been around for a month and I'm already hopelessly addicted.
    Posted 11 years ago by R'ynnae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow thanks so much - what a fab idea. Again, for me it's the GNG, Nottis and Groddle Meadow music. I can't wait to hear it all - thanks so so much xx
    Posted 11 years ago by Jendaline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ooo, this is exciting. Yay, thank you :)

Keeping the music will help keep Glitch alive even a bit. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by velley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Adelene

If you choose the down arrow by the Local Chat title you can see a thing that says Save Full Snap. It does in fact save the entire street panorama.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thaumatrope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What a wonderful thing to do! Thank you so much Nafets, and for Adelene for collating the sound effects. I adore all the music in this game, and the sound effects. I even can still put up with those fingerplucking Groddle banjos! I'd love the Uralia/Cebarkul music, Firebog Music, Nottis music, the Uutiif music, the Uplands music, and the ridiculous but awesome lift muzak you get in the abandoned housing blocks.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mildmay Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thaumatope: Just saw the tweet about that feature after I left the thread. Oops. Yay!

Also, I just got the heartbeat sound from being in a room with a ghost!! I hadn't even noticed that that existed before this.
  • That is so, so amazing of you guys! I absolutely adore the scenery and artwork so being able to keep that would be great!
    Posted 11 years ago by lightingitup Subscriber! | Permalink
  • More sounds:

Hi Get
    No Seeds for planting
    Water Plot (almost the same as Water Tree, but maybe not identical?)
    Emblem Get
    Heartbeat
    Ghost Get
    Harvest Peat (almost the same as Dig, but maybe not identical?)
    Firefly Whistle (four attempts, one of which has the conch song version)
    Jellisac
    Jellisac + Super Harvest
  • You are incredible.  Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Last for now:

Barnacle Scrape
    Grinder
    Crystalmalizer
    Subway Button
    Map Unfurl
    Map Furl

I'm running out of steam a bit, so I'm going to go do something else for a while. I'm not sure if I'll get back to this, since I'm kind of out of ideas for what to do - suggestions would be useful.
  • This is so great of you! Now we can take a trip back whenever we feel Nostalgic. :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Opportunity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mooooooore:

Animal Grow
    Animal Youthenize
    Autumn Day (long recording of a run, no music)
    Color Unblocking (long recording of a run, no music)
    Delivery Frog Yoga
    Giant Love
    Give Item
    Harvest Wood
    Kick Craftybot
    Le Mis (long recording of a run, no music) plus Rube music (incomplete)
    Mailbox Open/Close
    Map Teleport
    Mental Block (long recording of a run, no music)
    New Item Purchase
    New Item Pick Up
    New Quest
    Old Fashioned B&E (long recording of a run, no music)
    Potion used on tree
    QQ Get
    Quest Complete
    Quoin Shard
    Radiant Glare (long recording of a run, no music)
    Skill Get
    Skill Start
    Skill Window Open
    Skill Window Close
    Sloth Arrive
    Sloth Eat
    Sloth Knocker
    Street Loaded
    Subway Sounds (long recording of a run)
    Summer's Day (long recording of a run, no music)
    Super Harvest
    Tinkertool
    Tower Elevator Open
    Tower Elevator Go
    Walk Toward the Light (long recording of a run, no music)
    Winter Walk (long recording of a run, no music)

If anyone reading this is handy with sound editing, I could use a hand with these - most if not all of them have spare click sounds and extra silence in 'em, or are a group of multiple sounds in one file, and need to be cleaned up and transformed from .wma to .mp3. I can do that, but I'm autistic and sensitive to sounds, so I can only do about 10 or 15 in a batch before I start having trouble and need to take a significant break, so it'll take a while for me to get through all of them if it's just me doing it.
  • Adelene, I made a list of sounds here, too: http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/29544/

If we combined our lists, I wonder what we're still missing.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • can anyone supply me with a link to just download the gng music block tune?
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Arabesque~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Arabesque: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2j883r0x4qnlm6/JQZ2Wws2gh/glitch/Sounds/1307035523-Goodnight_Groddle_Master.mp3
  • Arabesque, if you or someone you know has a GNG, message me while I'm in game. I can pretty much instantly dump any audio resource that loads as an MP3 and push it to you via Box, Dropbox, Skydrive, Google Drive, Minus, or any other service I can put my hands on. :)

edit: Or I could be beaten to the punch. ;) Well played.
    Posted 11 years ago by Xial Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, TomC.

I suspect that mine is mostly a duplicate of yours, so far, and I'm not sure I have the brain right now to compare 'em and find out what's not. (I can't just compare filenames, since I've been using Windows' Sound Recorder ap rather than downloading the files - I will switch over to your clearly superior method in the future!)

Is there anything you know you're missing that I can go looking for?
  • thanks tom!
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Arabesque~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Have you included the crafting sound when you make furniture?
    How about the clink of the snails as they land in your inventory?
    Bubble Tuner? Elements in test tube? 
    Posted 11 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Adelene, I haven't came up with a list yet and there doesn't seem to be a good way to figure out all the sounds possible other than just going through as much game content as possible. Out of the ones you listed, I believe I'm missing the Ghost Clicked, Animal Grow and Animal Youthenize. Will have to try those and see what the sound files are.
  • OMG THANK YOUUUUUUU!
    There was another thread asking for the entire encycolpedia....
    Posted 11 years ago by Evelin333 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my god, I almost cried when I saw you worked for VMK :/ I loved that game so much, even more than the beautiful Glitch <3

Thank you SO much for your time on both games!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mosaf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would there be any way to get music from Thiruvan Thrive? It is one of my favorites XD.

Thank you for putting this together!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Ambillina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by ThursdayNext Subscriber! | Permalink