Topic

What sucks most is that Glitch doesn't have a replacement.

If it were any other game, I'd be able to cope. The avatar-based forums I'm part of; there's always more, and I'll get the friends I found to add me elsewhere. Strategy build-your-own-city type games; they're a dime a dozen, and the community probably isn't huge or too jam-packed with fun people for me to be unable to see them somewhere else anyway. As far as those free flash-game collection websites go, those same flash games can be found just about anywhere. I'd cope.

I just got here, and I've already gotten very attached to Glitch. It's original, sweet, and so incredibly creative that when I first played it I was at a loss for words. Seeing that it's closing before I even got a chance to explore it fully makes me want to cry. 

That said, it's obviously a waste of time to try and find another site that could ever replace this one, but at this point, I'm desperate enough to try. I haven't entered the world since I found out I'd never see it again after December 9th, and I want something to take my mind off of this game that could have been so great.

I know there will never, ever be anything half as good as Glitch, but is there somewhere else where I might get something like this? I feel like I'm going into quirky-amusing-game-withdrawal here. I think I've joined about thirty new MMOs in the past two days, and I've quit all of them within five minutes of joining. None of them are Glitch enough.

Posted 11 years ago by Tenny Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yet.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fuzzlebee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • what about this..
    www.thebigrip.com/galaxseed...
    just found it.
    Posted 11 years ago by JuniperSeed Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just be careful what games you open because I have been spending all day trying to make my laptop work again. I got a virus from a game site. I now own a pretty expensive paperweight. Dummy me knew better but got clicky , and over eager to find a new home.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @JuniperSeed I'll give it a shot, going to join Luma Clan
    Posted 11 years ago by Emberlyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't think I'll ever find another game like Glitch :( I will miss my piggies most of all ...
    Posted 11 years ago by Emberlyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed, after the incredibly creative and social experience in Glitch, I can't go back to my long-time MMO, Lord of the Rings Online or even really contemplate returning to the standard MMO experience.

A true testament to the creativity and vision of the Tiny Spec team. Three thumbs up!
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thursday, I mourn the loss of your computer and your Glitch. I shall erect a monument to the two.

I stick basically to browser MMOs, which is why I was so overjoyed that I could find a game so pretty and so hysterical and awkward and awesome that I didn't even have to download.

On the whole Galaxseeds site: I'm joining now, and shall report back shortly.
  • "Chatting:

You can talk with other Seedizens using the game's safe chat system. The system combines the security of selectable phrases with a flexible word dictionary, which gives you way more freedom when you chat."

nahhhhh :(
    Posted 11 years ago by zoom.b Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am pretty sure every MMO I will try to "replace" Glitch will just feel shallow and "not right". I certainly won't migrate anywhere else. At least for a long while, maybe until the feeling of missing Glitch may have passed.

As I mentioned before already, there are a lot of parallels to a relationship that has ended.
    Posted 11 years ago by Louis Louisson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I looked up Galaxseeds and it looks cute, but I can't get to the site, it always tells me it's not there...which is sad because I was starting to feel a little happy

Glitch will never have a replacement in my eyes, the world and people were to unique that it would be hard to ever replace them. 

I tried this, it is cute and fun, but right now the avatar selection is rather small 
    www.gameglobe.com/
    Posted 11 years ago by Deus Marionette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Have you seen Kingdom of Loathing? It's not flash at all and the art is intentionally bad but it has a really good sense of humor.
    Posted 11 years ago by Emerson Piper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm going to do a cooking/crafts blog and make real versions of Glitch food and things instead of finding a new game. Other games don't have the right sense of humor, and most of them don't have a look I like either.
    Posted 11 years ago by Franzeska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Galaxseeds looks like it could be good... but safe chat? really? no. I'll look, though... Nothing can ever be like Glitch, but I'm willing to try some of these.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Avery and I are thinking about giving LOTRO a try, actually. Its free, and works on both mac and pc.
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • salso giving galaxseed a try luma clan.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the bottom line is that i'm joinign all the games mentioned in the diaspora threads to try them out.

somewhere we will find each other in tolerable game experiences.

maybe.

refugees.
  • To me It's not the Game glitch that just makes glitch, it's the community as well its the major factor. Many of the glitches, Ive been spreading the word all over the facebook groups (civility and what remains of UR) also spreading round the forums about my new site which ill be opening for alpha testing soon (atween.net) it's a virtual pet site and I know a lot of glitches are coming with. 

Wherever the glitches go, the glitch community will live and glitch will live, always in our faded hearts forever and ever, reminiscing Esquibeth, illmenski jones, Even that tool vendor in cebarkul. it is something we will never forget.
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i've just come from a little whie in galaxseed.

it is hard to navigate, brightly colored, and WAY child oriented.

i doubt i will be staying there.
  • Just logged into GalaXseeds....Barn Tears avatar. Luma clan for me too.

Edit: not for me.
    Posted 11 years ago by bayBi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Galaxseeds... nah. Hard to navigate, and I got bored very quickly. I just feel so displaced. What will I do without my Glitchen?
  • I just want to say. I fixed the computer! Took me all yesterday and most of this night but yay!

I only had to dump everything to do it though ~.^ How's that for a fresh start and new perspective. Still combing through these game suggestion threads to see if anything stands out but I have learned my lesson for downloading something I have never heard of.

Do your homework! Or don't download.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ugh Glitch is closing! I guess i'll try the links above but I'm KEEPING my name NEVER WANNA FORGET GLITCH! i'll post more comments if I find more games.
    Posted 11 years ago by Smoreso Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I looked up some virtual worlds try www.fantage.com and www.minyanland.com WARNING I have NOT tried them out before.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dino Chicken Idus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Y'know, if Tiny Speck busted out with a mobile Cubimal-battling app... I think I'd be fine.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • me, too, Djabrill!!  I'll match your wile with panache!
    I haven't found anywhere else, either.  There is not replacement.  I'm taking on new hobbies that I've already started.  I'm going back to running, I'm teaching myself trigonometry and I'm going to read the books on my shelves that I haven't read yet or have only begun.  See you there!
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink