Topic

Confess your closely-kept secret bugs!

I never told anyone that I have a secret forest in my house: http://lem.to/p/1h92

Anyone else have any cards they've been holding close to their chest? Any last minute exploits we can exploit now that it'd be mostly harmless? I think mine was possibly due to downsizing my house three times, but I didn't experiment too much since I really wanted to keep it.

Posted 11 years ago by scragz Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • That is so awesome!

I have a bugged Glitchmas gift given to me ages ago by caley dunn.  It got stuck on the floor of my firebog house, and when the new housing came out, it came too!  It's stuck to the grass in my yard. 

www.glitch.com/snaps/PIF210...
    Posted 11 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oooh very nice! At one point you could move cultivation items in the yard to the inside of your house and it'd have been possible that way too.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Suppose the biggest one I've had available to me was one involving the ability to get an unlimited number of GNG's out of a funpickle (well... technically forced the game to delete the funpickle and give you a new one, but now I'm just being pedantic...). I know the public as a whole has known about it for ages, but I was one of the people involved in its discovery back in February. I probably got 60-ish out of it total; dumped my 30 remaining spares in the new spacey street after the announcement.

It involved having a full inventory while the pickle was out, then filling up the space it no longer occupied... but, it was fixed long ago, so I'm afraid it's not one that can be tried nowadays.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jus​tin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chicky in the wall, from a moving box explosion. http://lem.to/p/LGz8
    Posted 11 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -ve purchase exploit, reported that one a while back though. I purchased -ve amounts of stuff from my account and watched the credits roll over backwards to 2,147,483,647 credits which was amusing for a few days till I worked out it broke the game somewhat - then reported it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have an indoor herb garden 
    Posted 11 years ago by onelittlebird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • About a month after the housing reset and move to imagination I had around 2 dozen furniture items from test phase - expensive credit items - show up out of nowhere in my inventory. I was thrilled as I had no hope of ever affording their like at the time. I always wanted to ask if anyone else had that happen but did not want my 'bug' fixed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr. Babycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dr Babycat - it did happen to a bunch of folks (me being one of 'em) and got reported in the bug forum. It got an "eh, keep it" so they didn't take stuff away :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There is an unfixed infinite energy bug.

1.  Use up your energy by doing things like making cheese or mining rocks.
    2.  Go to the quest window and activate the High Jumper quest.
    3.  You will get 50 energy on arrival and you can optionally get some spinach on the floor.
    4.  Type "/home" in the local chat window.
    5.  Repeat

*  You can activate the High Jumper quest while you are still doing your action. So if you teleport while you are mining a rock, you can also listen to music boxes repeatedly to get your mood up.

*  One thing to beware of is to not die during the High Jumper quest or else you will break the quest.
    Posted 11 years ago by Macs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My friend once had an infinite high jumper buff. Possibly it had infinite energy too? I can't remember now. I just remember we had a lot of fun as I followed her and she jumped/ran incredibly fast across half of Ur. When she eventually shut down the game, it was gone the next time she logged in.
    Posted 11 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also got the furniture from the test phase and for a while expected it to vanish every day.

Have to admit that after a few weeks, I more or less forgot about it, though. I used some of it for my house, and kept the rest in the inventory, as I didn't have space at that time, nor did I want to sell it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Louis Louisson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A lot of people already know but disassembling / reassembling machines will give you 50 free fuel every time - I exploited this to make millions of currants with out having to worry about fuel costs (namely by making beams)
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got unlimited buffs a couple of times high jumper included. Stayed up all night each time :). Stuff just kept going and I could do them on top of each other high jumper, earthshaker,...... 
    First time I was very new and ran into a DEV while basically flying through streets.  I thought it was awesome that they just asked if I wanted to keep it on and said to PM them when I wanted it turned off. :)
    One time I was able to run around the ancestral land and not get kicked out. 
    Another time I bought all the rock off the auctions and other players and made extreme shrine powder. I made a few bags full on my unlimited buff. 
    Posted 11 years ago by axton Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had the Rainbow Run quest active in my quest log but never completed it intentionally. Whenever I need a mood refill, I would activate it, fill up my mood, and then let the timer run out and lose. The quest remained in my log for 14 months.
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the high jumper buff getting stuck. I would work on my region completionist badges and complete them in record time.
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this was fun to read.
    Posted 11 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Flying Yeti and Flying Sloth in my back yard.
    Posted 11 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rocky Regeneration

This potion got out very briefly by accident in 2011 sometime after the Reset.  I reported it as a Bug and was thanked, told it was a mistake to release it, but that I could keep it if I didn't blab.  I had already mentioned it to a couple of people, "Wow!  How do you like the new Potion?" but I kept my mouth shut about it (mostly) until the release of the new skill PM3.  Then I mentioned it again to only one or two people but this was not one of the new potions.  It has been hidden in a bag in a cupboard for more than a year.  Might as well show it now!
    Posted 11 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are 3, only 1 is mine.

1. A house inside a house

2. On the 1st day of Illminske Jones quest a friend dropped him in her pen in a real Ur mansion in Andra. He stayed. He was then boxed up and was then released into a /house unharmed and as chill as ever.

3. I was gifted a pickle shortly after 1st Beta and I got more than 1 GNG out of it. Probably through inadvertently re-virginizing it though it was simply incidental as I had few bags lol. On many a forum post I ardently argued that a pickle had more than 1 GNG :)

I simply was not observant enough to figure out how. Really, I  just thought other people didn't play enough with their pickles.

ETA: Fixed the house link
    Posted 11 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can make butterflies follow me or stay in one place, I can make fish follow me, I can put piggies in my attic, I can make piggies hover in place (inside houses and towers), there is the standing in air thing I think everyone should know by now(Thanks to the batras), a tp script under cebarkul.... Probably a few more I'm just not thinking of-but fun :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Mt Dew Me Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One time I had infinite ancestral timer combined with infinite hairball speed for a cracked-out night of zooming around, raking in the badges.
    Posted 11 years ago by scragz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I TRUELY hope TS realizes these glitches- and coutless other "nerfed" ones- were part of what made the game fun, and weren't a failure in anyway but actually the games way of showing it had a life of it's own; ghosts in the code if you will, inadvertantly put there by the engineers due to their united subconcious vision of a silly suprising Ur, one that we helped them imagine. If they left the game as it was and only ever added things and kept the thing running, I believe we would all be very greatful and happy to have those bugs. (except the credits one cause seriously TS needs their money)
    Posted 11 years ago by Mt Dew Me Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Mt Dw Me, it was so exciting when the trees were all giving super harvests every time with the upgrade cards. I harvested like crazy all weekend while listening to the "Double Rainbow" song on repeat, and it was excellent fun.
    Posted 11 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can get out of bounds (underground) in almost every street including home streets, houses, and towers.. the "how" is a little complicated to explain here because it involves knowing a number of tricks, but I'd be willing to show someone how it's done in game. (Yes, I reported it several months ago)

Big ups to Lx for his huge part in the discovery.
    Posted 11 years ago by tis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My captive, Ilmenskie Jones :D He can't be picked up so I made him comfortable and made sure to keep food nearby for him, but I didn't want to risk losing him by reporting teehee.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sharmy Knope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Metra - your house within a house link is not working (goes same place as Ilmenskie link)

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What Mt Dew Me said--my bugged gift is my favorite part of my house, it makes it unique in a way that a thousand decorating sessions could never do.  I even put a sign next to it in case a dev happened to come to my house.  The sign says "DO NOT FIX".

Glitch has always been about serendipity, by design and by accident--imo that is the one word that best describes Glitch.
  • www.glitch.com/snaps/PHFVN1...
    I was able to replicate my trophies.
    While in decorate mode, I placed 2-3 different trophies. Then, I would pick-up one of the placed trophies and put it back into my inventory. Once in my inventory, the other trophies that were placed would replicate in my inventory. I was able to place more and more trophies this way.
    Posted 11 years ago by bayBi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just remembered another one.

A friend of mine had a neverending firefly swarm in her old boghouse. Whenever you would put the flies into a jar, the swarm would immediatly refill. You just had to jump up into the black between two floors, and there they were.

I think she filled hundreds of jars with that. I filled a couple dozen, but in the end, it got too boring for me. Never really used most of them anyway, they stay in my SDB now. Maybe I should release them all before world's end.
    Posted 11 years ago by Louis Louisson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I heard about other people having their own Ilmenskie Jones and decided I wanted one too.  I didn't realize you could go back to that street and pick him up again until I tried it.  But now...

... my Ilmenskie Jones is stuck in a cabinet.  I wasn't paying attention when I was emptying stuff into cabinets a LONG time ago and moved him there by accident.  I can move him around in the cabinet, but I can't remove him from the cabinet.  And I can't move the cabinet from my tower to my house unless I empty the cabinet.  And I can't empty the cabinet without taking Ilmenskie Jones out of my cabinet.  But I can't take Illmenskie Jones out of the cabinet.

I hadn't reported the bug because it was a little embarrassing and I couldn't figure out how to explain why I had an extra Ilmenskie Jones or that I had him hog-tied and locked in a cabinet without sounding like a complete psychopath.

Other than a handful of SDBs in my lobby, the only thing left in my tower is this one lone cabinet.  It remains stuck there because of Ilmenskie Jones.  Kinda creepy.  I don't like being alone in my tower at night.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kaelyn Renai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Folks probably already know this, but the Color Unblocking quest is exploitable for img. As long as you exit to the world instead of completing the quest, you can do it over and over and the quoins respawn.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pooklet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brib Annie that's so cool! Super rare :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Csophae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just went in my house and my bugged gift is gone.  :(

I am glad I got a full snap of my house before it disappeared.
  • Oh Nanookie! That sucks :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have more resources in my back yard then the game allows for, from a bug that was later fixed.  
    My sparkly rocks are doubled up.. one on top of another.   So, rather then the five sparklies I had room for, I had 9.   Backyard sparklies.. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Iconoclast Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not a bug, but one of my favorite tricks was to buy up a bunch of cheap Yellow-Purple Triangle keys and spam-run through Room 4 in Jeth Tower, grabbing a bunch of easy drinks and spinach worth well more in total than the keys. (The room is instanced to the point that everything's spawned again each time you enter.) And actually, now that I think about it, for a while there was a bug there where the room had 16 spinach plots, rather than 4. Still, there's only so many ways to use spinach, especially when you have 10k+. :P
    Posted 11 years ago by Zigniber Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not an in-game exploit, but I discovered a loophole that allowed you to effectively "steal" any number of votes cast in the animal ballot. I tested it by removing 100 votes from alpaca and spending them on sloth, promptly moved them back and reported it, and it was fixed within the hour.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Lx: LOL that's awesome!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @SchWM--fixed my own link...btw why do you always sign "-Me" has it ever not been you?

@Brib Annie-Indeed one of the coolest secret things

@Mt Dew Me- How do you get the fish to follow you?
    Posted 11 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nope, it's always been me. And, if you've been posting in social forums as long as I have, you may even remember why it's "--Me" and not "-Me"

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My favorite bug/glitch is my herd of porch piggies.
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PIF6G8...

From the beginning, free range piggies (when you don't have a pig stick placed on your street) that start out to the left would never go to to the right of my house of whimsey. They go up the stairs but then stop at the edge of the porch instead of hopping back down to the ground like the rest of us. If i put any pigs to the right of my house they'd eventually wander to the left and stay there.

For several months i had free range piggies on the left side of my yard but then one day they became unable to exit the porch to the left either. Once they wandered onto the porch they were unable to leave and after a couple of weeks they all wound up on the porch in a big clump. When I released more pigs they eventually wound up on the porch too.

I think this started after I moved my feeders to the right of my house but I didn't experiment with it because I decided I like my porch piggies and didn't want to break anything.
    Posted 11 years ago by Anthropocene Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've got the Endurance Misanthropist badge, "Set 547 Daily Records for Hi Sign evasion. Daily Records are recognized at the end of each game day"

I am so poor at this I decided to practice in an animal free (less lag) Home Street by running away from the Butler HI. Mega Hi badges have to be with the Hi's matched with another Glitch's so I was expecting the same with the evading badges. So I was amazed, and pleased, when I got the first badge.

And so I carried on setting records on Home Streets, using Butler Hi's. I was doing it before others started trying as I new my records of 10 seconds could easily be beaten by others. I spent a weekend evading Hi's, my own personal epic.  It turned out that records from Butler Hi's were not supposed to have counted.

www.flickr.com/photos/ireni...
    Posted 11 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lem.to/p/Qfzx
    Posted 11 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My secret thing is that my butterflys on my home street have never died (i dont use them either :P anymore) since I insta hatched them there after the reset.
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The only thing I can think of is that it used to be possible to get batterflies to follow you.  May still be able to, but I haven't done it in several months.  You click the feed option on their menu, then exit out of the food selector screen.  They float around you until you click the menu again.  I'd accidentally do this often when spamming the enter key for mining in the deeps.

Haven't done my Ilmenskie Jones quest...  Must have Ilmenskie Jones pig captive.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mahalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i took lots of snaps. I have seen the rook flying around up to me without an attack.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I somehow jumped underneath the floorboards in my house where I left some treasure. lem.to/p/Ir3u
    Posted 11 years ago by forcep Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not a huge bug, but I always kept the the floating emo bears from unpacking:  lem.to/p/GYjN
    Posted 11 years ago by Katechol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a katydid in a very small cage on the 4th floor of my house.
    Posted 11 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @zigniber - I love Room 4 - I figured it out during alpha and I've been using it ever since as a way to make some quick quoin - it especially came in really handy when I bought my first house, and during the rush to buy houses before launch.  I was bummed when they nerfed the 16 plot bug.

I think I still have over 950 yellow purple keys :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Green Meanie Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3