Topic

Offline Version of Glitch - with video demo -

- If I am allowed to offer this - 

GO HERE FOR YOUR GAME
glitchen-offline.deviantart...

You can send sprites and images here
glitchen_deus@hotmail.com

Looking through the idea's thread, I noticed the "Offline Mini Glitch"
I could offer a very VERY basic offline version for people, but it would require a lot of work on your half as well *yay for teamwork* 
this would all be for free of course, and all credit going to the staff at Tiny Speck 
These mini versions would be for personal use only 

From me
I would put together a small world for each player, using the beautiful snaps people have taken and music made by the talented team. 
I can include friends in each world *but they would be only for show* But they can move and would react to your characters emotions 
Maybe some interaction with animals *with respective sounds* and trees and plots

From You
I would need sprites of your Glitchen, and snaps of the places you want to remember the most

To get your sprites
Go to portfolio and upload your Glitch
Please try and make them transparent *click the option*
glitch-playhouse.org/portfo...
Or use
glitch-atlas.info/files/spr...

Original Post Here
www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/...

- this will be the effort by fans for this beautiful game, a little something for each of us to remember it - 

Video Demo
This is very basic and I have yet to edit the sprites, but this is what the game will look like
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9q...

Posted 11 years ago by Deus Marionette Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • this would be amazing! how do i sign up, hah?
    Posted 11 years ago by porcelina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sounds quite awesome! Would you consider including animated items or NPCs?
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Porcelina - I guess we can so sign up here 
    If you want a version I'll need sprites of your Glitchen (you can get the by going to Glitch Play and going to portfolio)

@TomC - I can try getting animated NPC such as Rube and the Street Vendors, but it might be a little more difficult 
  • Neat idea -- I'd like to do this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Amp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is this going to be with Javascript animations or with Flash? The encyclopedia has the flash files for most of the NPCs.

Applicant: TomC

Spritesheets: 
    base
    jump
    climb
    angry
    surprise
    happy
    idle1
    idle2
    idle3
    idle4
    idleSleepy

Backgrounds:
    Soulless
  • Okay, I admit I don't understand any of it... however if I could have me, with a street or 2, or even just my house I'd be happy to keep it.  So tell me what to do, in easy steps and count me signed in!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Latajea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ TomC - thank you, I will work on your game. What music cam with Soulless (never been there) *sad* 

@ Latajea - I need your sprite of your Glitchen, and a few streets you really like
    you can use this to get your Glitch
  • would love to sign in :)
    please, let me, and other not that t much technical talented, step by step, what to do...
    big thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by skera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Soulless didn't have any special music, thus any default location just has the Groddle Forest theme, so feel free to use any music you'd like! Also Macs is still summoning people to Soulless if you catch him online.
  • @ Skera 
    Just need your Glitchen sprites and streets that you like
    You can use this site (best to get the sprite Transparent) Go to portfolio and upload your sprite, then save the files. 

@ TomC
    Oh I will try and go there, and Oooo well I will pick something nice them, although Groddle Forest is really cute
  • I'm inspired by the wardrobe and vanity.  I love making new cartoon characters out of premade elements.  Fortunately, this is what Adobe Illustrator can be used for!  But not everybody has that.  If someone could preserve the Wardrobe and vanity for the purposes of making social media icons, THAT would be really cool.
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to get this please. Will be in touch with you in a couple of days for the same, Deus, if I can, and thanks so much! :)

Someone should do Carl's suggestion too!
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please help bump this thread for the preservation of the Wardrobe and Vanity: http://www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/29397/
  • @ Natsumi 
    Of course, I look forward to getting your stuff

AND
    Yes the wardrobe and vanity are my favorite, the endless amount of characters one can make is amazing 
  • This is fantastic, and so generous of you! I'm mainly commenting to save this in my discussions so I can go back and get the required info later, if you'd be so kind as to do one for me :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Caiyot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Caiyot 
    Of course, and it's really nothing. I have been working on a game myself and I have all the technical work done, all I need to do is place the Glitch sprites in and backgrounds and it's done. 
  • This is fantastic, Deus! I would love a personal offline Glitch. I'll comment back with my sprites and streets in a few if you don't mind doing one for me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, this sounds so awesome! Would defo like to be included.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • me too!  will grab my assets for you later tonight :)
    Posted 11 years ago by kitten mittens Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Place holder

I will post assets later

Thank you so much, Deus!
    Posted 11 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey Deus!  I'm so happy that you're running with my idea!

I am not a great programmer but I have been working on a 'house simulator' which would allow you to decorate a room of your house just like in Glitch... using assets from the game of course.  I have a very basic prototype working, though I have no idea how/if it would scale (there is a LOT of furniture)... 

If you have any interest in this idea (or time) I'd be happy to share!  Otherwise I look forward to your mini Glitch and I'll be grabbing my sprite sheet shortly!
    Posted 11 years ago by Dissonance Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interested in this... will post details later.  Thank you!!
    Posted 11 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will be grabbing assets tonight (or tomorrow, depending on how much time I end up with tonight)!

Thanks for doing this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I couldn't get some of the sprites to save, the Portfolio site kept saying it had errors. But here's an album of what I was able to get:
    s819.photobucket.com/albums...

And the areas I would like:
    dl.dropbox.com/u/46425220/A...
    dl.dropbox.com/u/46425220/A...;
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There should be no reason for people to pull their own sprite sheets as they are available through the API.
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a fantastic idea and i'm so thankful to have the opportunity to have my Glitch again, even if it is offline! Deus, you're amazing! i'll add the rest of the info needed once i am not at work! Thank you thank you thank you! =^.^=
    Posted 11 years ago by starrkittyface Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Off to download my Sprites! Thank you thank you thank you for this wonderful idea! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.Maud, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, like Animal Crossing?
    Posted 11 years ago by Snackys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just tell me if I can do anything. I seriously want this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Starrykitty - You're welcome

@ Dr.MaudGonne - It wasn't my idea, but I can help in some way 

@ Snackys - Kinda yeah

@ Mal'akh - Well all I can think of right now is getting street images, and then later getting animated NCP sprites
  • Closed
    Posted 11 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Pollen
    What's closed?
  • Glitch Playhouse appears to be closed. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Treesa - You can still use it, going to portfolio will allow you to bring you avatar into the site, where you can then download all their sprites 
  • Hey! What is the best way to get the sprites to you? 

Can we Email?
    Posted 11 years ago by Reginold Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The animation part isn't closed. :)
  • Oh my God thank you so much for this, I miss my character so much.
    Posted 11 years ago by Contrivance Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Reginold - I can set up an email if that'll be easier, or you can upload it to a photosharing site and link me to it 
  • nice demo
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very nice demo! Would it be possible to add platform lines? This is coming along great!
  • Yeah, I never finished Glitch Playhouse, so it's closed as in "not open yet". However, the Portfolio tab, which allows you to get your avatar as an animated GIF works. Note that you will need to authenticate first (so the site can get your player TSID).

To see what I was going for with Glitch Playhouse, see the help page (with an example) I put together. You can even go to the Produce tab and get an example play automatically created.
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's what I could get for the sprites, and a couple streets that I love. (If I could keep the images of the street vendors, animals, etc. in there, that would be awesome, even if they are static images).

imgur.com/a/5iMc3
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @TomC - this is a possibility, I'm working on stairs at the moment, getting the Glitch to go up and down nicely 
  • Well, you better be careful though, the devs may shut down your Glitch thing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Snackys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this! =D
    Posted 11 years ago by Zhaan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You never answered my question. :3

"Before I add my street, should I try and get snaps of it without any animals? I would love animals on my home street, even if all they do is make noise and walk around."
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Snackys - I know, if they want it stopped I will, but for now this is just for people to keep privately to help them remember the game. I'm not selling them, and I hope no one else does.

@ Asazi - You can have the animals on it if you'd like. This is how you want to remember it. If in the future I can get sprites of the animals moving I will add them in
  • Oh my Lord! I need this, please :O
    Posted 11 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, I understand the Glitch Playhouse bit, I see other people have asked, how do I get these pictures to you, I only use Flickr so am a bit of a dunce when it comes to all this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Latajea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hope they allow this. Seriously. Even if the background is static it would be nice to see my Glitch bouncing around his house, street and tower.
Previous 1 2