Topic

Offline Version of Glitch - with video demo -

- If I am allowed to offer this - 

GO HERE FOR YOUR GAME
glitchen-offline.deviantart...

You can send sprites and images here
glitchen_deus@hotmail.com

Looking through the idea's thread, I noticed the "Offline Mini Glitch"
I could offer a very VERY basic offline version for people, but it would require a lot of work on your half as well *yay for teamwork* 
this would all be for free of course, and all credit going to the staff at Tiny Speck 
These mini versions would be for personal use only 

From me
I would put together a small world for each player, using the beautiful snaps people have taken and music made by the talented team. 
I can include friends in each world *but they would be only for show* But they can move and would react to your characters emotions 
Maybe some interaction with animals *with respective sounds* and trees and plots

From You
I would need sprites of your Glitchen, and snaps of the places you want to remember the most

To get your sprites
Go to portfolio and upload your Glitch
Please try and make them transparent *click the option*
glitch-playhouse.org/portfo...
Or use
glitch-atlas.info/files/spr...

Original Post Here
www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/...

- this will be the effort by fans for this beautiful game, a little something for each of us to remember it - 

Video Demo
This is very basic and I have yet to edit the sprites, but this is what the game will look like
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9q...

Posted 11 years ago by Deus Marionette Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • Hi, I'm trying to authenticate Glitch Playhouse, but I keep getting this error message: "Token exchange request failed (status 0)." Help?
    Posted 11 years ago by Rannera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • [redacted] Stupid me posted on the wrong thread.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Once again, there is no reason that people should have to individually download sprite sheets as they are available through the API. I've put an example page up which shows how to do it; it's really quite simple!

You are welcome to take this page and use it to automate the process, which seems like a necessary step if you're serious about the project.

http://glitch-atlas.info/files/spritesheets.html

Anyone who is curious to see what their sprite sheets look like or how they are obtained is also welcome to try it out. (Use View Source to see the code.)

P.S. I am happy to advise someone who wants to develop something, but I am no longer maintaining my fan sites. It's time to move on, not wallow in nostalgia.
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Janitch - Glitch Playhouse animates the sprites automatically, so it saves a lot of time for me, rather than putting all the sprites together and animating them. 
    The sprites sheets are nice to have, but it saves me a lot of time to have them on go through the Playhouse 
  • If it's helpful, I'm glad. However, I suspect you will need to do your own rendering from sprites to blend the animations together properly. Not to mention that GIF isn't a very high-quality image format and the sprite sheets contain PNG images with alpha channel transparency.

At any rate, what's there will stay there (until the hosting contact expires), but I'm not planning to do further development.
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is amazing! I will definitely want a version of my glitch(: Working on the sprites from Glitch Playhouse now; will upload them soon!
    Posted 11 years ago by Shrimpables Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Shrimpables - look forward to getting your sprites, and also don't forget the places you want
  • Working on my sprites!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mikah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How do we give you access to the images?
  • Oh, my goodness, this just made (mostly made? still heavy hearted, but at least my innards aren't all twistey) my evening. Thanks so much for giving your time and effort to make this possibly happen!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Katy Whillikers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Count me in. Uploading soon.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I tried to do something like this as well - I uploaded it in case anyone wants to check it out:

www.dropbox.com/sh/642ydohl...

Jumping isn't possible yet, but I did my best to get the emotions to work. Press 1 - 4 to try them out.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dragonflyz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Alright, I have everything uploaded. 

Animations: http://s1289.beta.photobucket.com/user/Jacob_Tarnowski/library/Glitch/Animations
    Streets: http://s1289.beta.photobucket.com/user/Jacob_Tarnowski/library/Glitch/Street%20Snaps

I got all of the animations I could, using Glitch Playhouse. As for the streets, I wasn't sure exactly what kind of picture you wanted, so I used the snap full screen function on some of my favorites. If some of them are unusable, then just use whatever you can. Either way, I can't wait to see my Glitchen continue walking about after the end!

Oh, and if it is at all possible, would you be able to release the source code for this when done? Or at least let me know what game engine you're using/how you are creating it. I am a novice programmer at best, but I learn mostly by example, and this would be great to play around with. Let me know!
    Posted 11 years ago by Shrimpables Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does anyone know why idle1 and idle3 on  http://glitch-playhouse.org/portfolio.php aren't working for me? I tried with different browsers, but I can neither generate nor download those animations...
    Posted 11 years ago by Dragonflyz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Mal'ahk - I will be posting up and e-mail which people can send their sprites and images to

@ Katy - I'm happy to help out, I know I'm still heart broken over the game closing, but if everyone can have a little piece to keep with them then it's not so painful 

@ Dragonflyz - nice little game, there is only a problem with the emotions. When you go to move again the Glitch locks into an idle position and sort of slides along the ground. 

@ Shrimpables, thanks for the images and sure. I will be happy to post up the information with this once it is complete. 
  • Got my post on page 1 updated with the streets I want. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do want.  I saw a download link, but no way to upload?
    Posted 11 years ago by Sildenafil Citrate Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How do i take a picture of the full street or whatever? It won't let me :( Even at full zoom.. WHY GLITCH!? I want this soo bad but i need help :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.CookieEater Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you can take a full street pic by clicking on the V (down arrow) next to local chat, lower right on your screen, then save it to your machine
    Posted 11 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I tried to go to the playhouse to get all my my animations, but it's closed. :( Is there anywhere else I can go to get them?

EDIT: Nevermind, the site ended up working again *goes to save ALL the animations!*
    Posted 11 years ago by Moonie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Count me in as well. Thank you for this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Elendraug Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i love my sprites! thanks to playhouse for this coolness! sorry it's over already. you so clever! @Deus Marionette - coolbettycakes@hotmail.com plz send info where i can upload these for you!!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by coolbettycakes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I dreamt about this project all night.  Clearly, I'm going to participate somehow.

I have an old screenshot of my bog house, if it's possible to use that...
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohh! I'm in! Will get you the pictures soon! :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Tinder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am very intrigued by this project. I have downloaded some sprites but have added suffices to the file name for right, left, and in a few cases forever. If this is no good please let me know. I've also included my home street images with and without items. I'll add a few more when lag is not so bad. Please can you let me know if I've done this right?
    My sprites etc at  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rwlrdopvyz5qj07/6P-etB9aqP

ps I selected transparent but backgrounds appear black !!??
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • any new word on this? :)
    Posted 11 years ago by porcelina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Porcelina
    yup
    the games will be posted here once the game goes offline
    glitchen-offline.deviantart...
  • *Bump*
    E-mail is up
  • Oh good. :)
  • How do we arrange to get our NPC friends into the game?
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I should have reloaded the page! I'll remove my link and send you an e-mail instead! :-)

Thanks again for doing this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Tinder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump
    Posted 11 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you in advance for doing this for me... It just means so much that a glitchen is willing to do this for alot of others

Srry, i cant get the animations working
  • *Bump*
    Games are being worked on, TomC's should be the first to go up, then I hope to do them in the order they were requested by. 
  • Dying to participate, but I can't get to the page to get my sprites (whatever a sprite is). Is it offline now? :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah suddenly the game servers are offline. Profile pages had been working JUST a few minutes ago!
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh, awesome! i wish i had uploaded mine sooner. i would love to be added to the list whenever possible. i sent you an email with all of my sprites - thank you! <3
    Posted 11 years ago by porcelina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I sent an email with my stuff. Thanks for this Deus. I cant wait!! *giant emo bear hugs*
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much for this...
    hmm having trouble getting the TSID (no surprise..quite computer challenged here..)
    getting "Failed, invalid TSID"...from the glitch atlas link....(?) please advise...xxoox
    Posted 11 years ago by SavannaBlueRose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you are still accepting requests, I would love this. I have my sprite sheets and a LOT of full-area screenshots of various streets, will email them to you if that's good and once I pick a street.
    If anyone is wanting a particular street but doesn't have it, I'm happy to dig through my saved images and see if I have it or someplace like it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lorian Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SavannaBlueRose, your TSID can be found in the weird code in the URL of your profile.

eg.
    The URL of your profile is:
    www.glitch.com/profiles/PCR...
    And your TSID is PCR29ABNEOS178K
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is this still available? I would love to take part.
    Posted 11 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Caley Dunn
    I am going to say a tentative yes
    You can e-mail but it'll take a while to get to it
    I have a lot to go through at the moment
  • Dues, thank you once more for all this. I can see you havn't posted any yet, but your still awesome for making the trek to make them for all of us. Bless you as you are doing this

-TA
  • Dues, you havn't posted any of the games yet, right? I dont see them on your site
  • @ Taco Assassin
    I have not posted anything yet
    I had a flood of e-mails so I am just getting things organized  
  • Okay, i was just wondering... Making sure i get everything right
  • Hey Dues, can you please post instructions on how to get to the game on the website when you post them unless, its simple when you post anything
  • Deus, Glitch Playhouse says it's closed. No longer being developed because of Glitch closing. I'll note you my sprite sheets on dA. Thanks so much for doing this! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Site seems down. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When you start releasing the games, where do I go to play it? I'm kind of confused on the whole where to go but I know you are still busy making them. Thanks so much for doing this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.CookieEater Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Taco
    When I post up the game, there will be an option to download a zip file, the game will be posted in there

@ Dr. CookieEater
    You will be able to download it and play it on your own computer offline. 
    And yup, working on them, trying to get them done while I deal with all the floods of e-mails. 

1 2 Next