Topic

Cubimal Dangle Earrings - CLOSED

Hi everyone,

Cubimal charm orders are now closed. As of this edit, over US$450 was raised for charity, more than I would have been able to donate if I had gone it alone. Thank you to everyone who contributed, I had a great time making your charms! Special thanks to those who ordered multiple charms, donated more than I asked for, or donated multiple times: you know who you are, and you are awesome.

Happy New Year everybody, may 2013 bring you new adventures and fine company.

DOOMy Nutpuncher.

ps:  if you contacted me before 31 Dec 2012 and have not finalised your order, please get in touch with me as soon as you can so that I can get your charms out to you. Planks!
_________________________________________________________________________________
So I had this idea a long while ago, but schoolwork prevented me from going through with it. Now that I'm on vacation, I finally have the time to sit down and make these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73331238@N08/sets/72157629491763589/

Designs so far:
Piggy (Mk II)
Musicblocks
The Rube
Firefly
Snocone Vendor
Squid
Uralia Street Spirit
Factory Defect Chick
Yeti
Chick
Emobear
Seasoned Eggs

Some of these are available by request once current stocks are exhausted. 

I am doing these as a fundraiser for the International Red Cross. Please send me an in-game mail telling me which charm you would like and I will send you my email address. Each charm needs a $10 (or the equivalent in your local currency) donation to their website at http://www.ifrc.org/en/get-involved/donate/ . For earrings, the donation is $20 a pair. Send me a copy of your donation receipt and your mailing address, and I will get to work!

Finally, as the real world and the necessity of finally getting a bloody job looms on the horizon, these charms will only be available until midnight, 31 Dec 2012 Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time. However, all requests received for available charms before this time will be honoured.

Thank you so much everyone, devs and players alike, for making such an awesome game!

PS: Don't sue me Stoot! I'll remove the link if it's not kosher.

Posted 11 years ago by DOOMy Nutpuncher Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • Holy buckets these are adorable.

I'll put a general post up on the forums to this effect as well, but for anyone creating Glitch-related items for sale or barter, please open a help case with an explanation of what you will be making (e.g. "earrings and necklaces with small charms based on the piggy, snocone vendor, and rube cubimals") and a picture or sketch of a prototype. This is not so that we can turn you down! None of the art or concepts have been released under any sort of Creative Commons license yet, so we do need to grant permission for now.

DOOMy, please do this retroactively and we'll be all "yah that's cool" and then everything will be great for everyone forever!
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was given a pair of rook cubimal earrings for the PBMS gift exchange:) they are so cute!

flic.kr/p/dApUd3
    Posted 11 years ago by Saraphim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yipes, Thanks everyone! ok.... one at a time:

@ Existential Doubt, Lilycat and Kestin - yes, but quantities are limited (because they do take a while to make), Please check the Flickr page for quantities remaining. Where I've said that the charms are available by request, it means that I can make more. Which leads me to...

@ Drakani - unfortunately I've had reports of the tentacly bits of the street spirit break off in transit, so I won't make any more of the street spirit or squid. The other cubis seem to have survived though.

@ LP - I spoke to Kukubee about this and he said it was ok for me to go ahead. However, if there is a specific bit of legalese I need to add to my picture descriptions, or any other lawyery mumbo jumbo I need to include, please let me know! I'll be glad to oblige.

Thanks y'all for your support!
  • Would a butterfly be possible?
    Posted 11 years ago by Minxy Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Minxy Rose - The butterfly cubimal could be possible, but fine details such as the proboscis and the antennae will be prone to breakage. Same goes with the actual butterfly. Another possibility is making the charm in 2D on those plastic sheets that shrink in the oven, but I have never tried that before. That would be a way to make the charm more robust, but at the expense of the look of the finished product.
  • I saw the "flicker" pics... they are soo cute.. if you have anymore earrings, that u are selling... can you post a new current thread.. I can't decide what cubimal I would like.. *sighs* they are all cute.. the bandit
    Posted 11 years ago by slow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Question: Can you make a butterfly eggs earrings? and how much will you charge, if you do.. They are cute.. all of them...
    Posted 11 years ago by slow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ slow - I can turn any of the charms available into earrings, as long as there are 2 of them (unless you have 3 ears, in which case, sure why not?). The butterfly egg earrings are fairly simple to make, though each egg will have its own unique pattern. The piggy eggs are also easy to do, it's the chicken eggs that are fiddly. Anyway drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.
  • I would like a set of musicblock earrings, please! The one-of-each that you have now is fine; they don't need to match. :) Let me know if there's any special way we should talk more? I don't know how how to PM on this thing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Existential Doubt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Existential Doubt - try the envelope icon at the top of your page. The compose message button on the mailbox page should allow you to send messages to people on your friends list. Look forward to hearing from you!
  • Only available until the end of the year? Aww...I didn't notice that part before. I wanted to get more once I had more money. :( If I ordered ten sets of earrings and five charm necklaces right now, I'd get cut off for life. I hope you consider reopening this little project at some point in the future!

...you know, my mom does have a thing for buying me cute accessories...*starts plotting*
    Posted 11 years ago by Kestin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you everyone who ordered charms, they are now no longer available. However if you contacted me before 31 Dec 2012 and have not finalised your order, please get in touch with me as soon as you can so that I can get your charms out to you. Glitch certainly brings out the best in everyone, and I am proud to have been part of this awesome community.

Happy New Year!
1 2 Next