Topic

Street names - meanings / origins

Sorry if this has been discussed and i havent seen it, or it the answer is obvious, but is there a list anywhere of the Ur street names and their explainations / meanings / real world equivalents?

Posted 11 years ago by Opally Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Not sure.  I think various names have been discussed in various threads. I guess TS always wanted to maintain a sense of mystery about them but it was mentioned that some are owing to there being Eastern European peeps on staff.  In fact, possibly staff from other corners of the RL globe too! However, after a great deal of research, Magic Monkey wrote about possible interpretations of the street names when Balzare opened.  Very interesting read.

Balzare Street names by Magic Monkey
    Posted 11 years ago by ♥joby♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And a thread with spicy region and street names:
    www.glitch.com/forum/offtop...
    Posted 11 years ago by Vic Fontaine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some of the streets are based on Finnish rivers. If you Google'd all the street name words separately you could probably come up with an extensive list.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I always thought Ilmoilan Sequence would be a fantastic band name.
    Posted 11 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to know the "real" story of street names.

I have always wondered.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the link joby!  I have googled a few of them but i guess there might be injokes/references to fiction etc on some others? only  TS would know!
    Posted 11 years ago by Opally Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I noticed that most of the streets in OROBOROS are named after various kinds of soily goodness
    Posted 11 years ago by MarbhDamhsa Subscriber! | Permalink