Topic

How do I contact the refund department?

I am showing a discrepancy in what TS has already refunded compared to what my bank says it has.  It has been 10 days and two of the refunds have not gone into my bank. 

I tried using the help function, but it doesn't seem to want to take my report.  Either that, or I just submitted it about 8 times.. (sorry bout that if I did).  .

Posted 11 years ago by Zooo Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• You know, I noticed the same thing, too.  I have received 23.98 in refund so far (for the automatic refund part they did for everyone that had subscriptions), but mine should have been $29.98.  I dont care that much, just saying, yeh......I see that, too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's possible your banks have charged you for the electronic transfer.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kip, I would be shocked if a bank charged for a refund. That would not be normal or legal at all.

My "automatic" refund, on the other hand, hasn't even shown up yet at all.
    Posted 11 years ago by Marie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On a side note: the amount the refund page is now telling me was automatically refunded, is also much lower than the amount they claimed was refunded 10 days ago.
  • "3rd, November 2012 $14.99 Credit card ending **** Refunded on 15th November, 2012" That is on the refund page for me. However, according to my bank, was a refund for $8.99, not 14.99.  My bank does not charge fees for refunds. That is, as Marie said, illegal.

(again, dont care about the $6 difference.  It is just a little troubling that this is happening to many people. Where is the extra money going?)
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ETA:  Misread.  Sorry.
    Posted 11 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Innie - the refund page is telling me it was refunded on the 15th but I just combed through my bank statement online and nothing :/

Edit:

I actually found it, but the refund page says it's supposed to be 17.98 and only 8.99 was refunded, and that's half.
  • I just checked and my automatic refund worked correctly, two refunds of $14.99, so it isn't something systematic. Mine wasn't to a bank though, it was to a Mastercard. I hope you all get your refunds resolved!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nevermind.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Marie, my two payments of 8.99 came through on separate days. Hopefully that will happen to you too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady K Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zooo, the help system is the right place and it should be working.

Refunds in general: an important thing to understand is that each transaction is refunded separately. Even though we tell you the total amount that will be refunded, if it is is made up of three different transactions, there will be three separate refunds and they might appear on your statement on different days.

Though the majority of refunds seem to have worked, we've had several reports of some refunded transactions not showing up while others do — and when we investigate with our payments processor, they all show identical status. So if there is a problem, it is on "the other side of the fence" (payments processor to credit card company or bank) where we can't see it. We'll give it a bit more time and then see if they show up.

Because of the sudden large volume of outgoing payments, both PayPal and our clearing bank temporarily shut us out while their fraud departments investigated. It's possible that that slowed things down a bit, but the bank was resolved right away and PayPal … is still doing some PayPal thing, but should be cleared up soon.

We will eventually get it all resolved, but it might take a while. There are thousands and thousands of refunds to process and any time something goes wrong it is an extremely time-consuming process to fix.
    Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stoot, thanks.. I actually tried submitting my help request about 8 times and each time I just got the " submit a ticket" page - no confirmation of the question being sent and it wasn't showing up under my help topics as being submitted. McKenzie has contacted me though and I explained the problem to her.   I wanted to check this end of the process first before I call the bank and ask if they made an error.

My charges were always done with the same credit card, via the same bank...if anybody is curious or comparing notes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Zooo Subscriber! | Permalink