Topic

IRL set of emblems

Would you pay 12-15USD (including shipping) to get your hands on a set of emblems... in the REAL world?

Posted 11 years ago by SlimeNose the Erst Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Theoretically yes. That sounds like a reasonable price for such a thing.

Personally, no, because I'm saving what little money I have to buy official merch.

But that definitely sounds like a perfectly reasonable price for a set of emblems.

Will they be clay or metal or something else?
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would pay that. Would also like to know the answer to the composition question.

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That sounds like a very reasonable price.  At that price though, if you're talking about a 'set' of them, I wonder if they're very small?
    Posted 11 years ago by Persephone Pear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Even if they were a set of little emblem charms, I'd do it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've had the passing thought that the emblems would make a neat charm, to attach to a bookmark or zipper pull or something.  What material would they be?
    Posted 11 years ago by Mahalla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Small is definitely OK!  I'm just curious about them.
    Posted 11 years ago by Persephone Pear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes to the price.
    I'd love a set of emblems (and icons too for that matter) depending on size, materials, etc.
    Charm bracelet?  Prayer flags?  Erasers?...  I think emblem patches would look great.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thysby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like a pendant with one Giant's emblem. I became a Humbaban and I always want to remember. :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Most probably yes especially if it was officially endorsed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If metal emblems were smallish with loop, I'd make the perfect charm bracelet!

If no hanging loop/other material, I'd mount them in a shadow box painted to look like my favorite SDB and hang on the wall near my computer.... to reminisce with.

Prayer flags would grace my study ceiling, just like they do in my Glitch house!
    Posted 11 years ago by katyroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • spun cast metal, approximately 3cm across, and .4cm thick... and it's cheap being mass produced in china.
    Posted 11 years ago by SlimeNose the Erst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Definitely. I'd pay a fair amount more if they were produced somewhere ethical and/or by independent smiths-- I know a silversmith posted a few days ago looking to see if s/he could get official sanction from TS to do just that. It'd also be pretty cool if they had loops or were drilled so we could use them as charms, but if not we could use fold-over or glue-on bails to attach them to necklaces, bracelets or earrings. (I make jewelry and am working on getting a side business off the ground for my beadwork, so I could have a lot of fun with emblem charms.)

I'd also LOVE to have the prayer flags (in little or big form).
    Posted 11 years ago by Pixel Dirigible Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Id pay it, and make it into an awesome charm bracelet
    Posted 11 years ago by Lily Linguistic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd prefer icons because I love the artwork on them, but emblems would be the next best thing!
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink