Topic

I want your Glitch videos!

I'm trying to make a sort of tribute farewell music video using Glitch gameplay footage and I could use other videos from other people. As of now I only have myself and Zotac running around, but to make this work and look awesome, I need loads more Glitchen!

What I am looking for:
Jumping, Laughing, Cubimal Races, Quests, Serene moments, hidden Ur spots, your favorite places, glitch trains, parties, purple trips, hell parties, anything and everything!
I'd like 1280 x 720 uncompressed video. The best way I have found to do this is to download the free trail for Camtasia.
It is good for 30 days and has no watermark or anything.

With Camtastia, you can just send me the .camrec file it makes and I can extract the video from it. That keeps the file size down a bit and insures that I can get the uncompressed video. On a PC, you just select "Record The Screen" and choose 1280x720 HD, position the record box so it gets the whole gameplay area in it, hit record, and play Glitch for a bit. Once you stop the recording, make a note of where the .camrec file saves. Then zip that file and send it to me!
Feel free to use other screen recording methods if you want, however I don't want anything that is overly compressed or too small (though I'm fine with ProRes and Avid DNxHD codecs for other video nerds out there).
I really only need a few minutes per file. At 1280x720, it makes pretty large files, so it's best to keep it short.

The way to get me the file easily is to use Dropbox. If you don't have an account, again, go grab one because it's free and useful. Upload it to your Dropbox and share it with me spongemonkey @ gmail.com.  
If there is enough response and people need other methods for uploading video, I will come up with another solution.
I'm sure I meant to put more details in here, but I'm tired and groggy, so shoot me a question if you need help!

Posted 11 years ago by sporks Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• *bump

I know... I probably shouldn't bump threads, but I'd really like to get some videos from people!
    I'd like to get the video edited and up before the... end. -sigh-
  • A while back the developers openly asked players to submit videos of them playing the game, presumably for a usability study. The thread should still be on the forums somewhere, with hundreds of responses.
    Posted 11 years ago by Boom and Bust Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know I posted something on Youtube during that tiral period B&B is referring to. Here's my link: youtu.be/2aGFkaNSWQo Looks like it's mostly me crafting in my house, though.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tonya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's the link to thread referenced by Boom and Bust.
    Posted 11 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the links :)
    However, I am trying to get better quality captures than what was posted to youtube during the useability test. Plus the youtube stuff needs to be converted for me to play with it, and it will loose quality again doing that.
    I do motion graphics for a living, so I'm kinda nerdy about wanting to get the best source material possible.
    But alas, if I can only have my own footage, then so be it! It would just be nice to have some other Glitchen in middle of the frame besides mine :p
  • Sorry sporks, all my stuff was recorded with Screen Cast so it's all low quality-ish. I filmed stuff like me doing Ticket to Paradise, getting to level 60, and decorating my tower but it's not high quality.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How do you find Livestream Procaster on HD to be, in terms of capture quality?
    Posted 11 years ago by Doctor A. T. Morgue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've got plenty of videos up (including some from Alpha) on my Glitchy Youtube channel, here :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here is the link to a thread where I list (in addition to Screencast-O-Matic vids) some other options: http://www.glitch.com/forum/announcements/29668/

Sporks, I noticed that the SoM videos are pretty crappy quality when viewed on youtube at default quality, but look okay at the highest quality. Also, people can export in other various formats. Are the videos still too low res even at the highest quality setting?
    Posted 11 years ago by Katechol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am going to try and grab some of these YouTube videos and see if I can make 'em work.
    I think I need to just use what is out there and roll with it...

I was hoping to get this done before the end, but I keep playing instead of editing, so it will have to wait. I'll make sure to post here and on the FB page as well when it is done.
  • More Youtube videos... let me know if you need the higher format .mov raws.

www.youtube.com/playlist?li...
    Posted 11 years ago by nightning Subscriber! | Permalink