Topic

My eyes wont quit leaking that wet stuff....

My eyes wont quit leaking that wet stuff, and my nose is stopped up and I can't BREEF (breathe)!  I need a cure!  :(

Is there anyone else that came out the other end of the grief cycle and thought they were ok, to notice they are now re-entering the cycle again?  I know I can't be alone in this.

Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yes. Me too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yeah, it definitely comes and goes, and sometimes it totally catches me off guard. {hugs} to you!
    Posted 11 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes...and hugs!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You are definitely not alone. :) I just wish the crying stage would give me a heads up before blindsiding me. "Dear madamsirs, you will be crying all day tomorrow!"

Generally speaking, re-entering the grieving stages is common. Each time the stages should get shorter and shorter, which is to say, you won't be depressed/angry/etc as long as you were previously. Hang in there! Know we're all in it with you. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not too depressed at the moment it's mostly just a smallish empty feeling that keeps coming back everyonce in a while. I fully expect this to change by december 9th.
    Posted 11 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :(  Me too, koolaroo
  • Big ((((HUGS)))) to you all.
    I feel like I am on a rollercoaster a few ups but mostly downs at the moment.
    Posted 11 years ago by Swoooo Swoooodles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Each time I try a new game, the loss becomes even more
    Posted 11 years ago by Sofywofy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^^^^^
    What Sofywofy said. :-(
    Posted 11 years ago by Georgia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ((( hugs )))
    Sorry to hear it's hitting you so hard. I believe the usual cure for unexpected leaks is a dish of your favorite flavor of ice cream, to be repeated as necessary.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Blepharitis?
    Posted 11 years ago by FyodorD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too, Innie.  I haven't even been able to sign in.
    Posted 11 years ago by Magic Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I guess I'm at the acceptance stage, but I have a big hole in my heart. I'm no longer boo-hoo sad, just regular sad now. I pop in the game, feed my piggies, kick the crafty bot (he yells how I feel inside) flail around and then log out. I do it several times a day. I don't know if I can handle the final *poof* so I might not be there for it. I will miss the game, the devs and the community very, very much.
    Posted 11 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too, Innie. I keep being sure I've hit acceptance, then suddenly it hits me all over again. *hugs* And mostly I just feel empty. Glitch will leave a gaping hole.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am at the stage where I write dramatic poems about Glitch's end.
    ...Yes, I have no life.
    Posted 11 years ago by Akane Tuna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm sorry you all feel this way.  I'm sorry I do, too.  It keeps catching up with me.  I keep finding more things that I had forgotten about or that I've just discovered and they make me teary-eyed and sobby and kind of bitchy.  There are so many Glitches and things to do and I may have been playing for more than a year but I really just got started spreading my disease, er, wings and now it is ending.  All I know is, there won't be another anything like this.  I don't care if a copy-cat game is made, it won't be the same.  I'll always remember everyone I knew, everyone I didn't know, everyone who pissed me off or made me laugh my pants off or made me re-think the universe or gave me a gift for no reason.  I'll miss it all and I'll miss all of you.  I've stopped trying to do everything or look at all the funny snaps because I feel rushed and I just want to enjoy things at my own pace.  I may regret not getting to all the secret spots blah blah blah, but I'll have loved every single thing I've done in the game.  Aww, now I'm all worked up again.  I'm just glad my semester ends on the 7th, so I can be fully present for the end.  I don't want to miss it.  
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On several occasions I came close to actually crying instead of my eyes just brimming.

I hope I get to save enough funds to buy a new laptop before the game closes its doors so i can say goodbye properly.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There IS no other game like this....Glitch is unique and wonderous, and funny, and silly, and beautiful in so many ways...and then the community is one in a million. i started searching for new games NOT because i want to leave, but because im desperate to try and salvage as much of this community as possible. We cant save the game but we can try and save what we can of the community. It bothered me more to not try than to try, but the more i look the more it sinks in....there is no real viable replacement. There are some that will suffice but....suffice and a perfect fit are a world apart. Hopefully well find somewhere that is a good enough fit, where the game will be good...but not great...and well have each other.....sometimes something is better than nothing at all. I have a VERY hard time signing in as well...and now im upset again:( If i had the tons of money, like a lot of us,  i would of handed it over in a heartbeat, yes it wasn't just about money, but with enough money it would of given them enough cushion to be able to switch the game to a different format when needed, and to keep the game running. Even if there was months of downtime for implementing it, it would at least still be here. But i guess thats wishful thinking. Im rather at  a loss as to what to do, i miss the game, i miss the ppl, i miss everything so bad, but the closer it gets to the end....the worse i feel. Both panickng and dying inside.....i just dont know what to do......
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's the things that they keep doing to let us enjoy the end that bring tears to my eyes. Like when we got GNG for the feat, and then I listened to the words properly, and then *sniff*.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady K Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Too bummed to say how I really feel. I do know you aren't alone. ((HUGS))
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Muffett Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not going to go into details about how I feel because I don't want to upset anyone but I'm really, really miserable. I feel like I'm losing so much more than a game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's devastating. There are no words to capture it. I have to act like a grown-up all day, and right now it's getting harder and harder to do as we get closer to the end and people are by turns lost, grieving, and sniping at one another.

Innie, I've seen only the outside view of how much Glitch means to you, but that in itself has shown to be a great deal indeed. Glitch's lore was immeasurably enriched by you and your imaginings. Thank you for that. I'm so sorry for this great, impending loss, and that it hurts so much.
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Your not alone...although I don't think I eva came out of the first stages .. yet.. ok maybe stuck in the sad second stage.. :-/ First stage was shocked disbelief ..Now im just stuck in the sad :( stage..and its not going away.. :((((((
    Posted 11 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too, can't even play sometimes because it makes me too sad.
    I look at all my lovely and funny and memorable things and it just makes me cry.
    There is nothing else to play.  Nothing so inventive and engaging.
    I don't know what I will do.  I am not thinking about it if possible.
    It just makes me cry.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Omg VS. Thank you for your sweet words. My imagination was taken by storm with glitch. It definitely brought me back to my childhood. Thank you. I'm sure glad someone (other than Avery) appreciated my antics and stories ;). Love you, and all glitchen, very very much.
  • It's just a silly little game...I keep trying to tell my self this. I am a adult and there is a "real" life out there. It seems ridicules to be attached to something that you can't hold and so many people getting all upset and dramatic over a game. NO one died........but I just can't help feeling really upset at the thought of no more glitch. I love it here and feel genuin fondness for "friends" I have made over the last couple of years. Some part of me still hope TS will change their minds [ i do know they won't ] I thought some of the FS people were over the top with their grief for a game. But now i understand completely how they must have felt. I feel sad and genuinely very upset the nearer we get to the 9th December. After that I don't think anything can take its place, so for me that with be the end of playing MMO's. My first and my one and only GLITCH <3
    @Innie I'm sorry I did not help you feel any better it seems I to feel the same as you [hugs]
    Posted 11 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You are definitely not alone. I'll think I'm doing better, and even have a solid hour or so in-game happy and goofing around. Then I'll play a BB-3 (probably my absolute fave, though it's really hard to choose), and suddenly I'm sobbing! Hubby comes in the room, looks at me and says "Glitch?" If I nod, he just kisses me and goes back to what he was doing. He understands that only time will "fix" this.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't believe in the acceptance stage. I don't think anyone ever gets all the way there. Unless they get amnesia and forget they ever lost anything at all. All I know is that I'm really, really sad, and that's not going to change anytime soon. Or maybe acceptance is accepting that you'll never accept it. In which case I'm accepted, but still in sadness, so the stages probably overlap or something. Sorry, I know I'm not making sense. I get rambly when I'm sad. Rambly and really sentimental and cheesy but it means something to me, it means a lot. So I have to say words--stop here.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kestin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was doing fine for a few days -- could enter the world and do stuff and everything. Now I'm back to pretty much lurking the forums because I can't bring myself to go run around Ur. It definitely fluctuates for me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sadness goes in waves Innie. It is ok. It's normal and no matter what you will be ok.

Sorry.

What has worked for me-

Finding something to do with my time spent in Glitch.
    Finding a way to preserve my friendships and memories.
    Visiting in short bursts and If I get sad close it down.

So I can enjoy this bit of extra time with each other that they have given us.

Also.

Silly putty works wonders for leaks.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lol!!! *off to buy silly putty*
  • I have it too! I think its GlitchGone Illness
    Posted 11 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump. 
    T_T
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Up until this week I've been relatively okay...but now I'm having such a hard time signing in. I know I want to, because I won't be able to soon, but when I get here it's like half fun half really really sad...I think reading that article depressed me, I guess it was making some happier, but maybe for me it made it all feel more real or something...
    Posted 11 years ago by Sparklepunk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's both difficult and annoying.  I can't wait to play and then when I get here I sometimes can't stop crying.  This is especially annoying because I wear glasses and can't see the screen without them but I have to constantly dry them off.  I have never been a very good jumper and now I am falling off of every elevation because I can't see where I'm jumping.  This is so ridiculous.  Time is running out and it is so hard to get anything done.  I was able to play my Alt for about 3 hours today with very few tears.  There aren't so many memories or as much loss at his house.  If you have an Alt, maybe it would be easier to play it for a bit.
    Posted 11 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it is so sad to watch a unicorn die .... P-(
    Posted 11 years ago by crème Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wait what?  no...  but... the unicorn is just going to sleep for awhile... right?!
    Posted 11 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For some reason I logged on here on Christmas Day. Now I'm all depressed......

merry Christmas...
    Posted 11 years ago by Yendor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Merry Christmas :)
    Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Merry Glitchmas Everybosy!
    Posted 11 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Merry Christmas... I miss you all!
    Posted 11 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Merry Glitchmas to everyone. I wasn't able to check the forums for a good while. It just hurt too much. Wish you all a Merry Christmas. I miss you all so much!
    Posted 11 years ago by Ancale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Merry Christmas, stoot!! (TCF, zany, and Ancale)
  • Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays... I miss you all!
    Posted 11 years ago by Varaeth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Merry Christmas!  I stayed up late last night sewing a Glitch Yeti hat.  It was the most fun I've had in a long time.  Maybe since Glitch closed :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Andrasia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Merry Christmas Stoot and everyone.   I miss you very much. xx
    Posted 11 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Guess this is a bump.. Merry Christmas :)   To all of the TS employees that helped to make this experience such a wonderfilled game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink