Topic

Ur Facebook Group and Creative Commons Arts project

This is the facebook group many of us have joined:https://www.facebook.com/groups/307554002686625/

I decided it'd be fun to try and develop a creative commons art collection with members of that group. One of the photo albums there is set up to hold art that might be used by the members in projects they work on, with an eye to building a bag of goodies for people who might make video games.

If you actually build video games from flat art we could use some input as to what sort of formatting/parameters would be most useful when we make art that others might end up using.

I have no idea how to work the facebook for it but we'd also love to get a writing, poetry and music thing going, also creative commons, that people might be able to utilize.

One of the best features of time spent in Glitch was shared collaborative creativity. Now that Glitch is going, I think it would be nice to continue collaborating and sharing art out in our real world as well :D.

Posted 11 years ago by Moehr Ossum Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I wonder if this type of repository might not be better suited to Git? People have certainly used it for writing before, I don't see why it couldn't work for images as well. Facebook is definitely less than ideal.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sheepy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Right now no peripheral storage alternative thingy is in place. Someone would have to set that up and be willing to take custody of it. In the absence of such a custodian, the FB is doing the job. It'd need to be someplace all the members of the group are willing to use because the biggest asset we have is that 1300 people or so are on the FB group and see updates there all the time.

If you want to set something up, go post the idea on the FB group; others are debating alternatives there now as well and at some point I think we'll settle on a hosting alternative.
    Posted 11 years ago by Moehr Ossum Subscriber! | Permalink