Topic

Cebarkul.... Ur's Junk yard?

Taking my usual trip to Cebarkul and what greets me? what looks like a junk yard - random bags, cubis, pumpkins, rubbish etc.

I am all for leaving things for people to take to help them, but it looks a mess.

Please can we try and keep Ur pretty.

thanks

Posted 11 years ago by Lady Snow Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Ur's trash-ur-trove, more like! :D I know what you mean, but it's not like it's all of Uralia, is it — just one street.  

I just went and checked, actually, and things are only on one side of the street too.  I feel like it's not a big deal. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Jannisary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it isnt a big deal... but thought i would just express how i felt.
  • I agree that it's not a big deal, but that it is starting to look a little junky
    Posted 11 years ago by Scarlet Begonia ♫ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe we just have different styles of thinking that can't be reconciled, but it looks more like decorations than trash to me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jus​tin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some of the stuff is, I believe, bugged and un-pick-uppable. Most certainly the cubis and zille-o-lanterns.
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i think all the bags and spice racks, alchemistry cases look junky. the cubis and lanterns arent too bad.
    Posted 11 years ago by KimiKimiKimi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ooh it looks like someone has tidied it up. thank you :)
  • I'm kinda sick of seeing plates of beans everywhere now. I realise it is the new shiny object but they aren't even being placed decoratively.

I spent one RL game day last week whilst taking snaps of my fav places around Ur picking up stray plates of beans as I went. By the end of 5 hours I had 147. The most I ever picked up in one place was 5. Mostly it was just random strays everywhere.

Despite the fab new full snaps with no items function now is a time when a lot of people are taking snaps of themselves/friends in fav spots around Ur. It would be nice to have keepsakes without 50 billion pumpkins/random crap in shot.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Cleops.  I don't know why some don't understand that littering with notes (no matter how "heartfelt") are just trashing the landscape.  Are these the same people who throw their McDonald's bags out the windows?
    Posted 11 years ago by Goddess Freya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + 1 Kimi...  I ended up moving the empty bags into the log.  Figured it was a good compromise  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Scarlet Begonia ♫ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with those who are saddened by trash left all over the place. I'd love to be able to see new areas without finding papers lying everywhere. It makes me think of trash blowing down a desolate street. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by glassy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cleops: that is exactly how i felt. thanks for posting. was starting to feel like i was the only one and was just being a bit to overly sensitive.

Scarlet B: ooh very sneaky/ingenius of you. i was going to take them and dump them in my house as i didnt know what else to do with them, but out of sight out of mind if perfect in this situation :)
  • What Cleops said.
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have found that the keepers of the subways are extremely efficient in Ur.  If you have something you never want to see again, just leave it on the subway.  

But I don't mind the love notes to the game all over the place -- I like to read them, and well, I like shenanigans, but I can understand the opposite view as well.  We only have a week left, we might as well try to get along.
    Posted 11 years ago by Amp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What Cleops said!  I understand that people are sad, and want to write about it, but that's why we have forums.  The notes make beautiful streets look like trash dumps.
    Posted 11 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are bulletin boards in the lobbies of derelict apartment blocks: Gregarious Grange Towers, etc. Post memorial notes there. Ditch the rest in the subway. Keep Ur clean!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know it's probably too late in the day and TS have enough to do in the last week and, perhaps, they didn't anticipate the outpouring of feelings demonstrated on notes, but a few note trees or large pinboards placed in strategic areas could have meant that all those who wanted to could have pinned their notes to these.  It's a shame that the emotions displayed on notes have caused some unhappiness and I do understand why to an extent.  To have specific trees or boards in game could have also meant that people would know where to go to either place or read them.

Ah well,hindsight is a wonderful but sometimes hollow concept isn't it.

♥joby♥
    Posted 11 years ago by ♥joby♥ Subscriber! | Permalink