Topic

Sprite sheets - the easy way - all thanks to Janitch

I wanted to point out something that the fabulous Janitch has developed which enables people to download their sprite sheet (all their character emotes) all in one without any fuss and bother:

1.  From your Glitch profile page copy your TS ID which begins with a 'P' in the URL.

E.g. Mine is PUV1D62CP6D2M64 as my URL is http://www.glitch.com/profiles/PUV1D62CP6D2M64/

2. Paste this ID into the What is your Glitch's TSID? field here -
    Visit: http://glitch-atlas.info/files/spritesheets.html and click Get Em!

3. Right click and save all of your images to your computer

Done

Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Whoa. This is cool.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thaaaaank you Janitch (and people bringing it to our collective attentions)
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wow, nice! very simple and easy. thanks Janitch! and Cleops for posting!
    Posted 11 years ago by QueenKellee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG! Bless you, Janitch, and you as well, Cleops.  I thought my beloved sweet little girl in T-shirt and bluejeans character would be lost forever once Glitch goes down.  She is my totally all-time favorite game character ever.
    Posted 11 years ago by Talaria Wingfoot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you! Now to make a better avatars in the other sites like Gathering of Lost Glitchen, Goodreads and G+.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Huge thanks to you both!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jacuzzi Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the kind words.

I actually wrote that as an example to show how easy it is to use the Glitch API, even from JavaScript on a web page. (Note that there is no server-side code to it at all, feel free to View Source to see how it's done.)

For those who have multiple outfits, you should be able to do this multiple times to capture each look, but I believe there is a delay between saving an outfit and its propagation to the API.
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so so much for this Janitch:) It saved me a lot of time and effort and so wanted to tell everyone what a wonderful thing you had developed (in addition to Glitch atlas, etc) as so many people were having problems downloading them.
  • Bravo Janitch! I don't care how easy it was for you: you just made it easy for us computer ignoramuses. I appreciate it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

(Yes, the caps were necessary.) <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • yay!  now I can choose exactly the right moment of idle butt-scratching to immortalize :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Tribeca Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • Oh, thank you! I'll have an animated gif of Lilith running and jumping forever now!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lilith Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
    Posted 11 years ago by Soymokey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • you should theoretically be able to use this to make shimeji, if you know how to make shimeji...
    Posted 11 years ago by Beru Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brilliant!! Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can everyone keep bumping this up so that people can download their sprite sheets while the site is still up and we aren't getting to close the Christmas madness.

Thanks one more time Janitch:)
  • Just got mine, thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree wholeheartedly! Keep this thread alive. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Reisball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there an easy way to save all the images? Cause that would be even more awesome.

ETA: NEVERMIND! I didn't realize it wasn't tons of single images but groups of sprites per image. D'oh! :) Thanks so much for this tool!
    Posted 11 years ago by Yeti Spaghetti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome! Many thanks! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Dwit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • very nice and useful :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much! It rocks to see, like me, like making faces and the teleportation costumes are hilarious!
    Posted 11 years ago by TanithLow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are these still working? WIll they work if you change clothes?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kerowyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes! They still work. You may have to wait a few minutes after changing to get the new sheets.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love being able to do this--thank you so much!
    Posted 11 years ago by KatyaR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump
  • Wondering if such things as pigs, etc. sprite sheets are available through the same interface...
    Posted 11 years ago by harkyman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Really cool, thank you so much!
    Posted 11 years ago by CrazyMooby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • Thanks to everyone who's bumping this thread, 'cause i wouldn't have found it otherwise!  This is great -- i'm so glad to be able to save the expressions especially.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wrdnrd Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much for this, I have no idea how it works, but it is brilliant!
    Posted 11 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump
    Posted 11 years ago by Lizzibabe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • The sprite sheets are even easier now that they're on your archive page. Current and past looks available! Click on any of your avatars to get links to all of its sprite sheets.

www.glitch.com/profiles/me/...
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks LP. The archive page is great but doesn't give the larger range of looks. It is just the basic sprite sheet. The link at the top from Janitch gives the base sheet for every action individually all in one.
  • Just "click on any of your avatars" like she said
    All the action sprite sheets are there for real...
    i.imgur.com/a0W3qip.png
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It only has the last 20 or so costumes I wore though so I am still using the Janitsch sprite sheet thingy so I can capture myself in all manner of things. Plus it is a lot easier to use. Generate once and save the images. It is even better now that clothes are free.

FYI - I don't get those buttons on the official sprite sheet download page to appear underneath my last 20 or so costumes unless I use Safari but I am unable to download them anyway as it is too slow.

It took about 10 tries to get the snaps to download in full. I am still unable to download my alts snaps due to download timeout, even using getright doesn't work.
  • We only have one server left to process all of the avatar changes. If you're cranking through new outfits, you may have to wait a few hours and come back to get your stuff. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My link to download my snaps and avatars for my alt was generated back in early December. My main avatar I had to have someone else download for me in the UK and stick on my dropbox. I blamed it on my distance from the server and many contents of the file. I know a fair few other people who had problems downloading their overall package too.

It is also strange that those buttons linking to the various sprite sheets don't appear underneath for some of us. I only heard the buttons existed due to a discussion on FB with someone else who was having problems.
  • BTW - Please don't think I am being ungrateful LP. I do LOVE the fact that avatars and snaps were made available as TS could have easily just closed the site on Dec 9th. Connection problems to the Glitch servers from the Southern hemisphere has been an ongoing problem since the beginning of the game and most of it is out of your control.