Topic

Staff Topic

The Art of Glitch • A Hardcover Book of Images from the Game and World of Glitch

We can't save everything in the game. But one thing we can preserve is the art.
So we put together an Indiegogo (like Kickstarter, except they like Canada) campaign to make a hardcover 10" (wide) x 8" (tall) full page image art book featuring all the unique styles of the regions of Ur, characters and houses, and of course the amazing snapshots that you guys took.
Unfortunately, the cost to produce the books is very, very high. So that's why we decided to crowdsource the costs.

Because if you guys want to commit to making it happen, you can bet your dong I will commit my butt to making the best book possible for all of us.

If the campaign is successful, I will be reaching out to everybody who worked on the game and each and every single one of you guys who want to contribute to the campaign for input on what should go in the book. It is, after all, for all of us. And we should cram in as much as we can to create the ultimate tribute to what we shared here.

If you want to see The Art of Glitch happen,
Help make it happen!

EDIT:
Please read before posting questions
--------------------------------------------------

The way the campaign works is that all contributors to the campaign will receive the book (in the format as designated by their perk level). After the campaign is over, there is no guarantee that they will be for sale in bookstores, Amazon, or anything.
However, I will be ordering an excess amount of books due to the price cut I will receive in ordering in multiples. So I will have a bunch of extras remaining. I can't guarantee everyone who wants to buy one after the campaign will be able to buy one from me afterwards, but there MAY be some. I hate asking people to follow me on twitter cause it's such a lame thing to do, but when the campaign is over and I know how many books I'll be selling, we will mention it from @kukubee. I also like the idea of offering the PDF version of it after the campaign is over too, but again, there are rights I have to work out with Tiny Speck for anything I do post-campaign. So please bare with me and know that I am trying my best to make every one of you happy!

Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
  • Kukubee, I <3 you!
    Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by LynnieR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This sounds like a brilliant idea.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aro Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fantastic! I hope the goal is reached.
    Posted 11 years ago by Retribution Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *SQUEE* 

This is going to be a really odd Christmas gift request to my family... >.>;

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Naraka, yeah!
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • #1. Can this please be stickied???????

#2. Kukubee, I lobe you the very most of all, and I cant wait to donate. All that money I was going to spend on art you made (well, until my card # was stolen and my bank account was drained).....I would now like to split that in half and spend half on your art and half on the book.  So, I get a new card sometime next week, and my bank account will be fixed by friday (so they say).  I cant wait, and I hope this goal gets met.  I will be watching and donating as much as I can, as often as I can.  *HUGS*

BTW, nevermind. Used my husbands credit card. Purchased!  LOBES!!!!! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kukubee, I'm moving before March but I don't have my new address yet. Indegogo wants a shipping address. What do I do?
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Backed. Can't wait for the sloth and knockers centerfold...and I'm expecting at least the first 50 pages to be dedicated to the dongs of Ur;)

Can't wait!
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will we get the books sooner if this is funded tonight? (just kidding)
    Posted 11 years ago by moucri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It took me about 0.011 seconds to decide to back this.  Thanks Kukubee!
    Posted 11 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will books be made available to those that cannot contribute right now?
  • dongs of Ur. *sigh*
    Posted 11 years ago by Saraphim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Made a contribution. Very small, but anything matters
    Posted 11 years ago by Osiris χ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Contributed. Thank you for doing this, Kukubee. So much. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm gonna cry!
    This is incredibly touching (lol touching) that you guys wanna see this happen as much as I do.
    If this goes beyond the goal, I am so jacking up my production costs and exponentially jacking up the book pagecount and covering as much shipping costs to you guys out of my pocket if I can.
    LETS MAKE THIS AN ENCYCLOPEDIAaaaaaaaa

@ennuienta: I can't guarantee there will be, but there may be some "extras" remaining afterwards.
    I hate telling people to follow me on twitter, but @kukubee will let you know if that's possible some time in the future.

Much love you guys. Much love.
  • Luv it made a small contribution but I am happy too help!
    Posted 11 years ago by MancyPants Subscriber! | Permalink
  • we love you right back!!! so excited for my plush cubimal & most awesome art book!
    Posted 11 years ago by matrix Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can't wait for this. Gonna copy what I wrote on indiegogo:

My partner and I loved Glitch and we’re heartbroken to see it go. We’ll treasure this artbook along with our memories. Thank you, all of you, for the love and hard work you put into this game. We wish you the best for the future and can’t wait to see more from you!
    Posted 11 years ago by Elendraug Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My lovely boyfriend purchased one for me =D Most exciting thing ever.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wanna contribute. I can't. 
    T_T
    T_T
    T_T
    T_T
    T_T
    T_T
    T_T
    T_T
    T_T
    T_T
    T_T
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Excellent! Thank you and backed! 
    Posted 11 years ago by hermitthekrab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks beautiful and I contributed what I could for a lovely book. I can't wait. :) Thank you, Kukubee, I love your art very much and will be so happy if I can have both a little piece of it and a little piece of Glitch!
    Posted 11 years ago by Nea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Kukubee,

I'm in the process of moving. How can I update my address once the book is completed so it won't go to my old address?
    Posted 11 years ago by ☠ lala512 ☠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @☠ lala512 ☠
    I will contact all of you individually to confirm shipping and addresses before they go out, so I wouldn't worry about the address you register with!
  • Can I request a sno cone vendor cubi :) :) :)  (Long live the sno cones!!!!  Greatest item in Glitch!!)
  • sno cone vendor cubis are coming soon! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Brandi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Contributed!!!! Such a bittersweet purchase.
    Posted 11 years ago by Popcorn☺ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm gonna cry!
    This is incredibly touching (lol touching) that you guys wanna see this happen as much as I do.

I hope you weren't sitting at home worrying about meeting your funding goal! We got this, dude.
    Posted 11 years ago by Melismata Rookwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well said, Rookwood.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It goes up by like $500 every time I refresh!  Yay Glitchens!!
  • We'll have this feat finished in no time! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Jezebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I LOVE this!! Just contributed and crossing my fingers that you make your funding goal, cause I can't wait for my book! Thank you so, so much, Kukubee!!
    Posted 11 years ago by ElleD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh My Giants... my poor, poor wallet.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ElleD, I wouldn't be surprised if the funding goal is met within the hour!

"We got this, dude." 
    wURd.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i.imgur.com/TqMS8.gif
  • GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAL!
  • Funding goal reached at 2033 Pacific time: on to the next level of the feat!
  • LOL! Less than $500 left to raise. Edit: in the time it took to type this, it completed!

Ok so. I've never used one of these before.
    Can someone reassure me that if I sit around and wait to see what other merch comes up, I will still be able to buy any of the levels that doesn't say "# out of # claimed", as long as I get there before that 45 day counter gets to zero?

I would just buy it now, but my husband's hours got cut and I can only get one thing so I want to make sure this is the thing I want first.
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *clap*
    Posted 11 years ago by hermitthekrab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Biohazard, the levels that say "# out of # claimed" indicate a limited number of rewards at that level. Those that say "# claimed" are not limited in number, so they will continue to be available until funding is closed. And typically all the tangible rewards for a particular campaign are offered at the start, so waiting usually doesn't change anything in terms of rewards offered.
  • Uh... the way it's going the goal will be met a few minutes from this post.

EDIT: Damn! Ninja'd AND the thing completed.
  • The goal was met 4 minutes ago, Mal'akh.  : )
  • Damn, did you just set a record or something Kukubee?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Biohazard, that should be how it works - if the reward wasn't limited, you should be able to make that contribution up til closing time on the campaign.   I've definitely seen some campaigners dumbfounded by how many (whatevers) they have to provide when a category was unexpectedly popular.  But you probably want that assurance from Kukubee himself, since he's the account holder.  
    Posted 11 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Eleanor (and oscarette). Reassured.

What I meant about what else might become available was that there are other things from other places that should be coming out soon (kukubee's shown facebook a lovely pendant, this says something about Glitch tshirts that is intriguing, etc) so I want to wait and see those before I go putting all my eggs into this basket. Plus, my birthday is in two weeks so I might have more wiggle room after that ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't know what to say you guys.
    You're making me cry allllll over again but for a totally different reason this time.
    I am putting as much of the money back into the project as I can. Sparing nothing to make this something you guys deserve.
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.
    The words sound cheap. I hope I can repay you guys with something great to show you how much I appreciate it.
  • Yes, it was at 14K $  when i started my contribution process and already at 17k when i finished it..lol I swear I ddin't contribute 3k$...I swear!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jeasilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • <3 Kukubee

BTW... I posted about it in G+.
  • <3 Kukubee.  Never doubt the spirit of Glitch.
  • oh wow--more than $1000 over just a minute ago.  xxoo
    Posted 11 years ago by ElleD Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6