Topic

Custom Glitch doll clothes

Recently I commissioned someone to make some new clothes for one of my dolls, and by far my best idea was a few Glitch-inspired pieces.

First is an outfit based on my Glitch's, and I am so thrilled with it. I think Marjorie will wear it and sit with me as the world ends. Its not exact, but I kinda like that. Marjorie isn't Asazi after all. :) It also definitely looks better than the photos show! I was just in a rush because I got so many pieces and wanted to take photos of everything.
i1077.photobucket.com/album...
(socks aren't part of the outfit of course, but her feet can fall off so I make her wear them constantly)

And second is my most treasured piece of clothing, doll or human, ever. I asked the person if they could embroider a skirt or something similar to An Autumn Day, because that is my favorite place in all of Ur and it means so much to me. She wasn't able to do that, but she was able to do much better!
She printed my snapshot directly onto fabric and made it into a skirt! Her printer unfortunately wouldn't read the pink tones for some reason, but that's okay. I really like the blue.
And while I was twirling Marjorie around taking photos, I noticed something and almost burst into tears.
I didn't expect it to, but the skirt has part of the text. The most important part. Every time I put it on or take it off of a doll, I'll see it. And I'll be reminded of the amazingness that is Glitch and how comforting it is to have a little piece of Glitch here with me in the real world. I missed out on the An Autumn Day prints, which I'm still pretty bummed about, but this is an Autumn Day that's all for me.

As soon as I'm able to get some money, I think I'll commission more. A shirt to match the skirt and a Cubimal dress. Probably a jellisac skirt and Helicat dress too. Maybe one day I'll even be able to afford a doll version of Asazi.

Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I guess dolls are too weird for Glitchen?
  • That autumn day skirt is amazing!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think that doll is amazing!  And weirdly Glitchy, I'd love to have one too.  The skirt is a great idea, and it'll be a sweet reminder for you of the wonderful times in Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Phoebe Springback Subscriber! | Permalink
  • She's a Tangkou doll (mine is an Aussie), and ones like her are only around $35-45 depending on where you get them. :) They're not the best doll out there, as their joints are limited, but they're very pretty and worth that price (but not more) in my opinion.

And the skirt really is super amazing! Hopefully I can take some nice proper photos soon.
  • That skirt is fantastic! I know many people who collect these dolls and it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful they are. What a nice way to remember Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by curiousfae Subscriber! | Permalink