Topic

Please Help Populate My Database

Folks,

I run Startling Fecundity,  which for those of you who haven't seen is is a web site that provides a bunch of useful services to Glitch players. Now, behind the scenes there, I have a database full of interesting data. Part of the data is a list of all the items that people carry around in their bags. 

Now, I think its a pretty comprehensive list, but there have been quite a lot of new things added to the game in recent weeks, and I'd like to be sure I've got a record of them, so I like to ask a favour of you all.

If you have any of the new items, or especially if you have any rare items that don't show up in the game very often, please would you be good enough to load up your bags with those things, and then toddle over to Startling Fecundity, click on 'Sign in with Glitch', then once signed in, click on 'My Glitch' and then 'My Inventory'. That will then allow my system to record the details of the items that you are carrying.

Glitch may be going away, but I intend to let Startling Fecundity live on in its memory, and the more data I can capture during these last few days, the better.

Thanks for all your help!

Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I've not picked up anything particularly interesting recently but I logged in anyway for good measure.
    Posted 11 years ago by Anaglyph Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are you looking for just info on one of each item? (item name, plural name, image, description, cost, tool wear etc.?) If so, I have them recorded down but still missing about 100 or so alpha items that were hidden / "deleted" somewhere. One of those alpha items, Rasher of Bacon, came back this week however.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sure thing :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Done...and sent you a frog mail;) x
    Posted 11 years ago by ♥joby♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Are you looking for just info on one of each item?"

I'm just storing the data I get back from the API on each item - the site will do this automatically if either:

- someone visits the My Inventory page and has that item in their inventory
    - someone posts an item to the auction

I've currently got a total of 766 distinct items listed
  • Would you be interested in crosschecking our combined lists? I currently have 1209 distinct "items" (the game has animals, trees, interaction objects as items too), but the item id's go up to over 1400 so I'm missing at least 200, though some of those may be unsearchable or only on the development server. I'm not sure how many of the 1209 are stuff that can go in an inventory or in auctions though.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've only been recording things that are carryable, so I don't have things like animals or trees. It would be nice to add other stuff to the database but that's not straightforward.

We could crosscheck later, but first I have some stuff I need to get finished before the game (or more precisely, the API) shuts down.
  • Will we be able to access our glitches and bags  on SF after Glitch closes? I thought once the game closed so would the API. 
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Will we be able to access our glitches and bags  on SF after Glitch closes?"

I am archiving some data, so you will be able to see some things.

"I thought once the game closed so would the API. "

That is correct. That's why I'm quickly collecting together a few interesting bits of data before it all closes.
  • Oooh. Somebody with more time and energy than me should sit around cooking all the new meals and then refresh their inventory with you. All the meals in general, even. My house is a pretty well-stocked kitchen if anybody wants to drop by and use it, although I guess I'd have to let you in.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jokes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi, dopiaza! I signed in to Startling Fecundity just now and I'm fairly sure I was holding all the new food items. I sure hope so anyway!

Thanks for making your site. I like it a lot and have used it frequently.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm heading over there now carrying my weird little machines and a bunch of other stuff. I don't know if they count as game items but they are carryable, so ... yeah.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm logged in and got probably the usual stuff, but hope it helps. 
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink