Topic

Captions I made ... will they be downloaded, too?

I can hardly wait to get the zip file from TS which contains all my snaps. Each snap has a caption. Will the captions be attached/embedded along with the jpegs?

Posted 11 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Today I asked for my snaps to be packaged up and I just downloaded the zip file.  It contains all the snaps and all the captions, but not *together* -- the captions are in separate text files along with date info, # of views, # of likes, and comments (and who made them). The file names are the same for the .png and the .txt files, so it ought to be possible to associate them together somehow.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great news to hear! I thought I should start writing them down ASAP. What a relief. I will not mind sorting and assigning in the least. And what's that you say? Other peoples' comments will also be included? Yay! Thanks for the information.
  • A program like Picasa would let you add a caption to a file, and I don't see any reason why Picasa would not allow you to edit an image instead of a photo, it just won't import them on it's own on loading. Adding all the comments would get pretty unwieldy no matter what you used for manipulation, though.
    Posted 11 years ago by Faranae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can edit any image in Picasa as long as its a .jpg (maybe other file types too, but I know it will not edit .pngs). It doesn't matter if its a photo or not, and non-photos will show up in the program on their own. :3
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah, so it pulls any jpg? I definitely shouldn't put it on my main computer then (hundreds of desktop wallpaperps...).
    So one would still need a program to convert the .png snaps (woo, lossless!) to .jpg, but even MS Paint can handle that.
  • HELP! I can't find the place where I can request my snaps and captions! I want to be sure to get them via a zip file w-a-a-y before Glitch closes down everything! Where do I go?
  • http://www.glitch.com/profiles/me/archive/