Topic

bye signs?

STOP MAKING ME WEEPY YOU GUYS

Posted 11 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This is at best a premature thing, at worst the WORST [heli kitties] IDEA EVER. 

Sorry for the language.

Until I am forced out but do not leave of my own accord,

Nanookie.
    Posted 11 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I signed out after seeing that, it made me too sad.   I wouldn't say it was the worst idea...I can get used to it after a bit but it does hit you with some overwhelming sadness as soon as you sign on.  

Just don't use it.   Use your bear instead
    Posted 11 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If someone uses the "bye" just respond with the bear (high 5 or hug or whatever)
  • I agree. They never even gave the game a chance if you ask me. Note to would be future developers.....most games need a lot of advertising on other websites to become popular and a bit of time. Hell so far as I saw Glitch never even went public or left beta. Blaming it all on "flash games are a thing of the past...bla bla bla..." is just a poor excuse. Glitch was never advertised around the web. Should have seen ads on GameFAQ's, Facebook, and probably a dozen or more other sites.

Sorry if that seems harsh but it's the truth. You have a great game here. You just didn't follow though and dig in for the long haul.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dreadd Jester Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch did go public. Then it went into beta again.
    Posted 11 years ago by ❅Cobalt❅ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It just had too many overwhelming challenges.   I think it did have a fair chance with lots of time, money, and talent to play with.    

Does anyone know if the forum is going to disappear with the game?   Do I have to download all the threads that were funny and interesting?  That is a chore...
  • They said the forums will stay open until the end of the year.
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Finding the bye sign earlier really upset me. Now when there's a new day, my butler says bye. And when I type "Hi", it flashes bye and upsets me again. This was a really terrible choice imo. Maybe tomorrow, on the last day, it would have been okay.

And I really agree about the advertisements. Apparently Glitch has been around for years, and I frequent many sites full of people who would've loved Glitch. I only heard about the site because on one site's forum, someone was giving out invites.
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought the bye signs were a lovely glitchy touch, and timed just right.

There may be glitchen who are 21 hours ahead of PST, and who have to get some sleep on Sunday night before going to work normally on Monday. For them, the end is pretty much now.
    Posted 11 years ago by Woggle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like I said in another thread, I like that they are addressing "the End" rather than just shutting it down tomorrow.. They are giving us resolution and I appreciate it.. .)
    Posted 11 years ago by Jezebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We were gonna do the bye signs tomorrow. But I'm hopping on a plane right now and won't have time to do it tomorrow cause I'll be playing Glitch all day and not working. So I did it today. Sorry!
    I can revert it back if it's causing distress with no offense taken.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Leave it.  It's not any worse than having my little butler say "Today is the best day ever".  I'll prolly lose it if he says that tomorrow.
    Posted 11 years ago by Goddess Freya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lol, Goddess Freya.

*soaks up the irony*
  • It's a sad, yet fitting change. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am using the Bye sign to make bye snaps at all my favorite places (where I had houses, etc.), seems to be less AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHH that way.
  • I really like the "bye" - that is what I want to say now.  Goodbye dear Glitch - I will remember you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink