Topic

The future of the Glitch Strategy Wiki

I've had a few players approach me to say that they would like the Glitch Strategy Wiki to stay up as an archive, a record of the awesomeness that was Glitch. I'm happy to oblige, so I'm committing to keeping a read-only version of the site up for at least another year after my hosting renews near the end of February. That means that Glitch Strategy will stay online until at least February 2014. I say "at least" because it could be longer than that.

Here are a few ways you can help out:

• Head over to the wiki and click the donate button over on the left side. Just like always, I'm putting all the donations back into hosting the site, so we could be keeping the memory of Glitch alive for much longer.
• If you can't donate, at least click the ad on the left side. Every little bit helps.
• Please do what you can to make a record on the wiki of the last days of Glitch. Add pages for the real EOTW party, the feats, and the new stuff that has been released over the past couple of weeks.

More than than all that, I want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart. The Glitch community has been like none I've ever been a part of, and you all are what made Glitch (and Glitch Strategy) what it became. Whether I've ever talked to you in-game or not, please know that I am deeply grateful that you're here and that you've been a part of all of this. I will miss the game, of course, but mostly I will miss you.

Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago by Herp Derp Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hey, HD, if you need hosting, I'd be happy to give you space on one of my servers. They aren't likely to be going anywhere for a while and I'm sure there's some spare capacity there for you if you want it.
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank YOU for GS Wiki. It was an invaluable resource and just a fun place to browse. I'm sure I'll be wandering around it for years to come.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thaumatrope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • once glitch closes, im gonna spam click the ad. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump.... Thank you HD.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fadas Néboa Curuxa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just be careful when telling people to click ads. Google and such revoke any money from clicks if they find that they weren't "legitimate" because someone told them to.

I've had a good friend bitten by that with a forum he ran and would hate to see that happen here.
    Posted 11 years ago by WaLLy3K Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh man, thanks so much for doing this.  I don't know if I ever met you before The End, but I'm glad to have had the chance in the last moments, even if looking at your userpage gave me an earworm that is destined to last for months.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, I dunno whether or not this is a possibility... but maybe there could be a campaign to fund a hardcopy encyclopedia? I know I'd put some money down on it, and surely there are others who would.

Again, I dunno whether that's even possible. I know that sort of thing is expensive, but thought I'd throw that out there.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just a quick bump as a reminder that the Wiki will soon become for archival purposes only, so don't forget to continue adding in any missing information about Glitch (feats, EOW parties!) whilst you still can! http://www.glitch-strategy.com/wiki/Glitch_Wiki
    Posted 11 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Impspindle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hburger, how long until the Wiki becomes read-only? I got full snaps of most or all of Jal and Samudra, it's just a matter of finding time to do all that uploading and learn the ropes of the wiki to make the street pages.
    Posted 11 years ago by Faranae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • are you interested in screenvid?

i am still sorting through what i have.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've never edited a Wiki before, and this seems like a bad place to start. ;-)  But if someone else thinks it's worthwhile to add a reference to Meebleforp.js on the Purple Junk page, that'd be awesome.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kshandra Subscriber! | Permalink