Topic

Staff Topic

You won the game!

Congratulations :)

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 Next
  • Pardon me for being a little crass, but Glitch kicked my ass.  It was a long, slow, year long kicking.  But it was sorely needed.

In playing this game and participating with the community here, I've learned what I really care about in life.  Maybe it's a unique set of circumstances for me, but it seems similar to many others here.  It's a combination of letting the frivolous be frivolous, and the important be important, and not getting those things confused, with renewed love for surprising people with coolness!

And I'm not sure the transition from doing what I'm good at but hate to learning how to be good at what I love is going to be remotely smooth (it hasn't been so far).  But I don't really care about that anymore.  I don't need to succeed to keep trying to do something incredible.

I think I've written something like this several times in my status and in the forums, maybe right here in this thread.  It's been a couple weeks since I last did.  Lots of things have changed in my life since then, but not this.

Thank you EVERYONE for being a part of this stage in my life!
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Carl! Keep in touch, okay?
    Posted 11 years ago by Moehr Ossum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Absolutely!
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I have logged on pretty much everyday since our game's closure.  I do not know what I am going to do when this is no longer possible.  I couldn't write in the early days, it was all too sad, and whilst this has not changed, I do want to say a great big thank you to all of the Tiny Spec team and to my fellow Glitchen.  

I await the Giants re-awakening and our re-imagination (soon, let it be soon).
    Posted 11 years ago by Nerfer-Lily Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, we won. But how? Well, we've turned a handful of lifeless, inanimate, non-moving dummies into people. We've had them run, jump, grow, dream, and eventually, become. They've become cooks, animal trainers, farmers, crystallographers, scientists, gas changers, and more. The giants had dreamed up this world, and we've helped them.

Time is still going in Ur. The happy, relatively new Glitchen inhabiting the planet are turning it into a creative world as they speak. The giants could dream everything about the planet-except put in a humanness unbeknownst to them in their people. That's where we came in.

Thanks to us, the players, the people, Ur went from a barren land to a thriving utopia of imagination, dreams, and piggies. We've trained our Glitchen to the point where they didn't even need us. And so, to save energy that they would later use to make new things, they unplugged the little outlet that connected us to them. So we're offline-but they sure aren't.

Ur is fine. To reward us, the Giants gave us a new, wonderful thing-Tiny Speck, which is Ur's outlet of creativity. Any new thing that Ur makes, Tiny Speck will gladly turn it into a game and release it to us. Ur will never be lost, because remember-imagination means ideas, ideas are energy, and energy never dies. Congratulations to all for winning. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by gmfk07 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well said, gmfk07! Especially the part about a "thriving utopia of imagination, dreams, and piggies". That is always how I will remember Ur. *applauds*
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @gmfk07: Wow. I agree, very well said. You are quite right about energy.

I usually re-write (in my mind, that is) the endings of books/stories/games that I don't like to something that I do like. But this time, you've done it for me. Thank you. :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks guys :) Don't credit me for the imagination energy bit, I stole that from the narrator of LittleBigPlanet Karting :P I picture all of our Glitchen taking a democratic vote on the next game they'll help make to reward their hardworking new player friends. This truly was a great game.
    Posted 11 years ago by gmfk07 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓██░░▓█▓▓▓▓▒░▒▒▓▓██░░░░
    ░░░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░▒▓▓█▒░░ 
    ░░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░▓▓█░░
    ░▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░▓▓█░ 
    ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▒▓█▒ 
    ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░█░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░▓██ 
    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓█ 
    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░█░█░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓█ 
    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░▒█░██░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓█ 
    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓██
    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░▒█░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓█░
    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓█░
    ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒░
    ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒░
    ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░
    ░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░
    ░░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░░░ 
    ░░░░▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░░░░
    ░░░░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░░░░░░░ 
    ░░░░░░░░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░ 
    ░░░░░░░░░░░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░░░░░░░░░░ 
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▓▓▓▓▓██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█▓▓██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    Posted 11 years ago by Leïla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i wish to see this game once more in the future. keep our stuff safe TS. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Apsd1109 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • glitch has been awarded for the frindie awards "biggest surprise":

massively.joystiq.com/2013/...

and no: the biggest surprise would be the re-opening of glitch's doors for me...
    Posted 11 years ago by NoYesNo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Nerfer-Lily - I've been logging in too, don't know why.

@gmfk07 - You made sense of things for me with your words, gave me a little bit more closure & a vision of a magical place that still thrives. Thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vague Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please come back, Glitch, Ur, Giants, etc. I promise I'll be good this time!
    Posted 11 years ago by Chinny the Unlikely Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I see updates or announcements from TS staff, but not from Stoot himself. Hope you're still doing alright, mate. We're all still rooting for ya!
    Posted 11 years ago by DOOMy Nutpuncher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *sniffle*
    It's been a month. Can we un-win?
    Posted 11 years ago by Moi Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 Next