Topic

Where did you spend your last moments on Ur?

I was planning on sleeping with the fishes in Jal, but my Glitch told me she wanted to be in Seela Latta underground near the shrine of Mab. So after saying goodbye to the butler that is where she went.

Where were you when the Giants woke?

Posted 11 years ago by Tabbykittie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • I was in my house holding my 191 butterfly cubimals, some flummery, and a couple Games. I had just left for Le Voyage Violet and I got booted.
    Posted 11 years ago by The Mighty Dino Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In Lowland Slough, which once lead to my old house in Shimla Mirch. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was in uutiif.  Somehow I knew as soon as I saw the closing announcement that was going to be where I spend the last moments in Ur.
    Posted 11 years ago by Charlotte Sometimes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Groddle Forest Junction. As my BF said when he saw me playing in Groddle a couple of weeks before the closing announcement, "No matter how long you play, Groddle always feels like home, doesn't it?"
    Posted 11 years ago by Thaumatrope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was in my tower holding onto a million seeds ready for them to disperse well the server went poof so it would be a mess haha
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, I went to Winter Windings with the boyfriend and the kid, armed with cubimal boxes and glitchmas crackers to open together.

Unfortunately, they both got booted and the server was too slow to open anything, so I was by myself in Winter Windings, unable to open anything.
    Posted 11 years ago by Adamarie The Snarky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I ascended at Distant End where "BYE" faintly appears at the top.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Uutiif. I knew from the moment I saw it that I would die there. I love Samudra, the Vortex, Balzare and Kloro, but I knew I would die there in Uutiif.
    Posted 11 years ago by Maria Diatorre Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was in a Toxic Moon party, going out on a fierce nono powder binge, streaming the final moments on twitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jishk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stuck in the limbo area called loading page, between Groddle meadow and my street. My glitch soul shall forever haunt the abandoned tunnels of the dead servers. (or be saved as a pattern buffer in the transportation matrix) Whatever is cooler.
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too in groddle forest junction.
    Posted 11 years ago by total.rebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Vayu Trench, one of my favorite places in Ur (I'm a sucker for ocean areas).
    Posted 11 years ago by Faranae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On the platform in Khoul Bheens with my best friend. We used to have houses next door to each other in a housing block there. A third friend would have joined us (she lived on that block too) but she got kicked ten minutes early. 

i47.photobucket.com/albums/...
    Posted 11 years ago by elekanahmen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't know where to go so I went to GFJ.
    Posted 11 years ago by Beru Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I locked up the house, said goodbye to my animals and trees then me and my significant other went to hell together and I got booted with 5 minutes left as we entered the hell bar. It was a fitting end.
    Posted 11 years ago by Felix Lentil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I went to my place, to hang out with my friend rock, it didnt felt right to go away without the first friend i had in this game, ill always love rock
    Posted 11 years ago by MustacheToast Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was in Cebarkul trying to get to Lotha Harte then the server shut down and I couldn't get back in :(
    Posted 11 years ago by ☠ lala512 ☠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bliss with my best Glitch friend serenitycat, and I made a fast few very good new friends waiting for the end to come.

Storytime with Bears it was awesome having your company too!
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Scribe's Weald. With the sunbeam illuminating Monsieur Papier, the first paper tree in Groddle/Ur, there could be nowhere else.  It became the deimagining point tonight for many wonderful Glitchen whom I now consider friends.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On my Home Street JUST after I finaly recieved the trisor someone(I forgot..I'm sorry..but I love you) left with my butler for me. So 30 seconds after getting the Illusive series 2 trophy I have spend months working towards..the game ending.
    I did win.
    Posted 11 years ago by Derkhan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I said goodbye to my faithful servant Miss Sekretty and my pet rock and watched as the weeds and moss and mushrooms and creeping vines reclaimed my home. Then I clambered up to the eyrie on Footlands Heath where I was born, and in my final moments retraced the footsteps of Esquibeth one last time. 

i.imgur.com/aCQKn.jpg

These fragments I have shored against my ruins. My name was Scoresby. I was born in Footlands Heath and lived and worked under the Cebarkul sun, a spice merchant turned servant turned private detective turned wandering adventurer. On the day the world ended I journeyed north, to beyond the Giants' wildest dreams, to beat back the darkness of the Rook from even the corners of their waking minds. Remember me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Scoresby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thaumatrope - so true! Groddle was always home!

I spend it on my home street with my butler - couldn't bear for him to be alone!
    Posted 11 years ago by Luxy Motive Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *server rest*
    Posted 11 years ago by Luxy Motive Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's funny. This shut down I was so torn. I wanted to be with people and celebrate/mourn... but my house... my street... my pigs my pig my pigs.... I so wanted to be there, too. So quickly I went back to take the last snapshots (even tho I've taken so many). And then ended in Scribe's Weald. At the end a bunch of people radiated which I thought was so cool. So I did it, too.
    Posted 11 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was at home; the lag on the public streets was just too bad, plus I wanted to be with my butler and magic rock.
    Posted 11 years ago by Yse The Great Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I spent it outside of my house with my butler, Muddie. I told him "goodbye" and he told me to "comeback soon."
    Posted 11 years ago by kozmosis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was loading Maybe Marsh - where I had lived before the big move - when the game crashed for me and wouldn't let me back in.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In Lotha Heart, because feels.
    Posted 11 years ago by Von B Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was here I always said I would be -- in my back yard, with my first six piggies, having topped up the feeders for them and all the rest. I was petting one in the very last seconds...
    Posted 11 years ago by Jenny Wren Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I stayed on my home street with my butler, Sprinkles.
    Posted 11 years ago by Imberis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pasha's Place... my favorite home street. Groddle is always home.
    Posted 11 years ago by Niknik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tamasco Roko. I wasn't sure where to go and it was the first place that came to mind because of the lovely sunset. I thought that was appropriate. http://lem.to/p/tNFn
    Posted 11 years ago by gRegorLove Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wasn't as well traveled as most, so I spent my last moments with a handful of other people in front of the Bureau of Administrative Affairs. It's one of the first things I remember about Glitch, so it felt fitting to end it there too.

i.imgur.com/OdTId.jpg
    Posted 11 years ago by Arturia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was dropping by my home street to say goodbye to my butler and planning to jump back into the party at Ajaya... but the server kicked me out. Oh well, at least I died next to my butler after i danced with him one last time and said goodbye. /sniffs
    Posted 11 years ago by Kieley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was at home, with my butler Matisse. I said goodbye, and told him I loved him, but I looked away at the wrong moment and never got to hear his last words...
    Posted 11 years ago by Keysong Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Alone at Ritzrock Rise. Feeling a little more acomplished than the first time I landed there and didn't know anything about Ur...
    Posted 11 years ago by Thousand Sunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • GFJ surrounded by well over a hundred lovely glitchen and yet we all died alone
    Posted 11 years ago by knitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I couldn't decide where to go for the end, there are so many beautiful places I love so much.  I wished I could be everywhere at once.  In the end the lag was so bad I stayed at home, with my rock.  I finally opened my last moving box from before the housing reset, and it was full of cubis!

And now that I'm looking at everyone's snaps, it's sort of like I was everywhere at once!  Thank you for taking pictures everyone :)

...oh, and I literally got the Globetrotter badge about 10 minutes before the end, trying to get into uutiif... that didn't help with the lag :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Portinari Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I went to Mien Evoke in Bortola, where I lived before the housing switch. I dumped most of my inventory there and chatted with someone else in the street for the same purpose, and then I went to Savi Sense to hang out with lazulisong, because that is where she used to live.I ended the game buck-naked and holding only a plank, some hooch, some purple, my playcube and a funpickle. It seemed right.
    Posted 11 years ago by Elizabeth Park-Fowl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My boyfriend and I spent our last Glitch time together in Piano Party jumping about, making music, and battling cubimals. His tool vendor cubi was nearly undefeated! We were going to head to my house, so that I could bid my butler, animal friends, and rock farewell, but then we got booted from the server. Here's a snap of Piano Party when things were just starting to pick up (I believe there were upwards of 60 people hanging out there at certain moments): www.glitch.com/snaps/PCR11C...
    Posted 11 years ago by Vexia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After listening to Carl Projectorinski's end-of-days sermon, I took a final quiet moment by myself on my favorite street, Stora Reade, dropped by the Civility tower to say goodbye to some friends, and went to Piano Party. It was great.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In a party (Val Halla?) held by a friend, with friends.

Too soon, too soon.
    Posted 11 years ago by drj0402 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It took me a while to choose, but I ended up at Abhiman Himan, one of the many beautiful streets in Ur. Didn't take a snap though; now I wish I had.
    Posted 11 years ago by Chorok Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wanted to meet my husband at his house, but server lag left me trapped in my house and him in Gwendolyn's Chamber. Fortunately, we had gotten some snaps earlier in the evening.
    Posted 11 years ago by Beyond the Pale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cebarkul, after first joining blogkitty's conga line. Before that I took care of my pigs and trees, said goodbye to Kalinda my butler, and wandered thru my favorite places. Made one last trip to Hell, too, thanks to a generous donation of hell wine. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Grizelda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was at distant end .... couldn't think of a more fitting goodbye.
    Posted 11 years ago by daemoninwhite Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was switching to my old street Bavi Bist when I got booted off the server. I reached lvl 60 about an hour before shut down.
    Posted 11 years ago by JohnaMarie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In my house, trying desperate to download a full-street snapshot of it, since I'd forgotten to snap it after finally finishing decorating. Alas, it was lost to the server overload. :-(

I did manage to get my butterfly into my pocket, at least.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bouncing through the May Soup.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lilypad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I went to a Toxic Moon party, bought all the cubimals I could, and then went to Northwest Passage beside Lem's shrine :( It was my first and favorite teleport point.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ibuki Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3