Topic

Where did you spend your last moments on Ur?

I was planning on sleeping with the fishes in Jal, but my Glitch told me she wanted to be in Seela Latta underground near the shrine of Mab. So after saying goodbye to the butler that is where she went.

Where were you when the Giants woke?

Posted 11 years ago by Tabbykittie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I stayed at home with my chickens and emo bear.
    Posted 11 years ago by TrentSkunk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ozacosta Avenue, one of the prettiest streets in Ur. I petted a couple of piggies to say goodbye, and kept the street vendor company as the world disappeared.
    Posted 11 years ago by Melody Pond Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My wife Coley and I spent the last few minutes in Multum Parvo, which was my favorite quoin grabbing street, as I barely reached level 50. From there we tried to TP to Cebarkul, but it was just not meant to be. About five minutes to de-imagining and we were kicked.

We were like that old couple who stayed in bed as the icy North Atlantic waters flooded their room on the Titanic. Dying alone, but together.
    Posted 11 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Waiting on a screen to reload after a teleport - it never finished :'(
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Started out in Cebarkul, then switched to GFJ for somewhere slightly less laggy. :) Also, for once (and only) I logged in with both my main account and my alt at the same time. Since they were boyfs and eternal rivals, this way they got to be together and kiss before the end of the world. :3
    Posted 11 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I stood in front of my house with my animals and butler. My boyfriend, on the computer next to me, ended up in An Autumn Day. He was trying to finish it and get back to my street before the end, but the lag was too much. In the end I'm glad one of us saw the end from Autumn Day, as its by very far my favorite place in all of Ur.
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tried Cebarkul, ditched that in a hurry. Then went to Squatters Quag to try and stay in the game illegally. Then I decided to end my days on my home street, hanging out with my butler Alastair. I'll miss you, buddy.
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I spent my moments in Eglesgown Wanks with the Metafilter group, most of us holding still because of terrible lag -- the fuzziness around the edges as the giants began to wake up -- and all of us getting very soppy and gushing about how much the game and the group had meant to us.

It was a good way to go.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aglet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I missed it, but I was planning on going to Bliss. As it was, I spent my final time in Glitch last night assembling a few artifacts and happily playing with furniture in my house and tower.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was at my home street, consoling my piggies, chickens, and butler. I didn't want to go without them.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mr Gerbear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I took photos of my house, my butler and gnomes and my tower. And then I went to Civility Tower, because I realized that it was the people behind the avatars... and the people behind the art and music and goodness of Glitch... it's the people I will miss the most. I left Glitch among friends.
    Posted 11 years ago by Adar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My friend and I started out at Lotha Harte but as more people arrived it got laggy and I was scared I'd get chucked off. We skipped one street over and stood next to each other until the end - it was just us and the winds and the beautiful, beautiful Nottis music. 

I'm glad she was there - I'm in the UK and she's in the US and I miss her terribly. This game has been a wonderful way for us to 'be' together. I got disconnected just before the end. I was praying it wouldn't force a reload, and fortunately it didn't. I didn't see the announcements from God, but I could see us there together and hear the music right to the end. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Schiehallion23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mining in Timtim Timm, just like always.
    Posted 11 years ago by Scarlett Bearsdale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I said Goodbye to my house, rock, butler and animals then went out in the world to find a quiet street with Helikitties to pet. 

My favorite street, Sliding Skimmers, was overrun and covered in junk.. I couldn't find a spot in the trees with kitties, but finally I settled on Twaye Montein Lida

I said goodbye to Ur, the only Glitch on the street in the company of 3 Helikitties. Just how I had imagined.. It might seem sad to you, but it was what I needed :3
    Posted 11 years ago by Jezebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Siuruan Untold, just me, my pet piglet, 24 bottles of hooch, and those soft firebog sounds...
    Posted 11 years ago by Rev. Desdemona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A long (-ish) time ago, a friend got me into this game with a simple email; all it said was this: 

"This may amuse you... "Glitch" [link to join]. Has skills and everything :)"

That was November 8th, 2011. I joined that day, I think, and then played for a few months and then real life got in the way for the longest time. We had great fun, then we both kind of wandered away, because we both got very busy very quick. 

I got back into Glitch for a bit, but didn't really connect until the announcement of the closure, then it really hit home what I'd been missing and what I'd enjoyed about the game, and started playing again, 'cause, well, once it was done it'd be done, right? 

My friend was still too busy, though. 

So I asked him to log in last night, and took him on a very brief sightseeing tour - Distent End, Uutif, a Roobrik - then we posed for a few snaps in my house, and his house, and in front of my cherry orchard. (A bit Chekhov, I know.) Then he logged out, and I stood, looking at the mountains in the distance from under my cherry trees. 

Then I logged out too. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Feverfew Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I went to one street in almost every region in the first hour and popped into a few different parties. Then met up with a few friends who I know from ravelry so it wouldn't feel SO hard to say goodbye as we could jump there after.  We set up in Mazza'la Gala and filled it wall-to-wall with hooch and purple. One trip home to pet all my piggies and free my chickens and a last "bye" to my butler and then we ushered in the giants with the conch.

There were so many more people I would have liked to hug & say farewell to. 

Posted 11 years ago by Bluebunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My wife, who had enough money and levels to teleport us anywhere, and I were going to spend the last moments in the winterlands, but she got booted and couldn't get back in. So I teleported the one place I COULD go, into the bogs, and found the one person who was there. We said bye, then sort of stared at each other. So I went home and hung out with my rock and butler as the song ended.
    Posted 11 years ago by XtheOwl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i had spent the evening in a cubimal-releasing frenzy- i got the last badge and released all the others from my inventory. i showed my husband around a little, as he'd had an account for a while but never had much time to play. we took pictures together and he explored. i went to my home street and said goodbye to my butler, and poked around my house a little bit. i went to a random empty street with a shrine to lem and donated my entire inventory. i kept a few favorites in my inventory- the emblem i got from donating, my emotional bear, my sloth cubimal and my conch. i met my husband in groddle forest junction which was CRAZY. then something weird happened and a message popped up saying "porcelina?" and some error or something i'd never seen before- i clicked through really quickly because i didn't want to miss the end (it was getting very close). turns out i got randomly transported to sanna salts in salatu. i was all alone and underground. :( i summoned my husband and he tried to get to me but didn't make it in time 'cuz of the lag. it wasn't exactly how i wanted to go out, but i got plenty of closure leading up to it so it's not so bad!
    Posted 11 years ago by porcelina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Underneath a dinosaur's arse in Shim Shiri. I can see a light...
    Posted 11 years ago by Dalrymple Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In the top left corner of Bliss with my son and his girlfriend. We were TPing around Ur for a few hours before the end with my daughter and her boyfriend.
    Posted 11 years ago by Virginia Moon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was so worried I wouldn't get to be here for the end, I didn't plan for what I'd actually do at the end. So I just wandered around, took snaps, took a family portrait in my first favorite outfit with my butler and rock, then wandered some more. I ended up completing one last quest. Then I tried to think of a place in Glitch I really loved but wouldn't be too laggy (sorry; blame my netbook) and found myself  at Abhiman Himan, on the coasts of Firozi.

At first, I was alone, but then a bunch of others showed up (Chorok! I got a snap of you!), and we all just stood there, waiting for the end.

I guess it's anticlimactic, but I'm happy somehow. It's been wonderful, Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was 4am for me, and I hadn't even thought I'd be there at the end, but I was, so I hung out in GFJ with the big crowd there.  It was kind of nice to be sharing quoins and playing conches with each other.  Very weird when the server shut down and the screen went grey - I could still move around amongst all these other stationary but seemingly awake glitchen.  Slightly eerie and ghost-like...

I cried.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fliblet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Spent my last moments with my butler, I didn't want him to be alone in the end. 
    Posted 11 years ago by EvilBlackSheep Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Downside Up but it was so sad to hear at downside's happy tune -that usually cheers me up- that at the very last minute, I teleported to Bliss..
    Posted 11 years ago by S-Wahnsinn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I made a final pilgrimage walk from Marylpole Mount to Cebarkul. Then once I arrived like many others I got booted out 15mins before the end of the game.

So I spent the last few minutes in my chair alternating putting my head in my hands and glimpsing up to refresh in vain until the closed sign appeared.

I was so devasted. Luckily I was able to catch up with the final moments via Beau Hindman's video: http://www.twitch.tv/massivelytv/b/346796815
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Neva Neva with a small group who I suspect felt it was home. We somehow all ended up wearing black (those who were wearing anything at all) so I finally gave up my full on newb outfit for a newb outfit with a black cowboy hat. We bounced, we mined, we chatted to icons and waited for the world to end. It was beautiful. I made so many friends in Neva Neva, I knew that was where I'd go & was glad to find a few other like minded glitchen.

Before all that, parties, road trip, hugging old friends, freeing cubies... The usual :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Franki Fantasico Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was upset that I never got to spend the last minutes anywhere, as I kept getting booted out. The last time 10 mins to the end crashed yet again, never to return. Perhaps it was my fault being with so many Glitchen in Cebarkul and I had summons my freind selle there. Not sure if she got there, I hope she did.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Melody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was in Eglesgown Wanks, with the Metafilter group and my piggies in my pockets because I couldn't leave them behind.  I was jumping up in the corner (out of frame so I wouldn't lag anyone).  I didn't get to jump 111,111 times, but I never stopped trying.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ida Keen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wanted to spend the last moments with my friends in Ajaya Bliss, but when the lag started I decided to not risk being stuck on a loading screen in the final moments, so I ended up spending it on Kukubee's street with Brandi and some friends (and my husband, who made it in the nick of time). Sadly, Kukubee got booted just before the end and could not make it back in.
    Posted 11 years ago by Yeti Spaghetti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Unfortunately, I was booted mid-teleport about 10 minutes before the end.

I'd like to think that my glitch completed the teleport without me, and spent the last few minutes on the public street that I'd set her piggies free on.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fhaunel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was going to spend the last moments in Hell, or a party that was going on.  Sadly, the screen wouldn't load so I refreshed.  Never let me back in :/  It was a bad idea on my part, but I got to look on with my sister in the street next to Cebarkle.  It was so sad..
    Posted 11 years ago by Golden Apple Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Estevan Meadows, reliving what it was like to live in the Quarter with other former residents.
    Posted 11 years ago by EmiB Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was floating in May Soup.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was in Dokk Rokk in Nottis, down by the little tent, listening to the music with a few of my fellow Glitchen.
    Posted 11 years ago by aunt_beast Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I spent them in Cebarkul. I went home several times during the day, and wandered about and thought about ending my Glitchen existence in Estevan Meadows or Tallama Trends (my two favorite home sites) or in one of my favorite spots (there are so many!)... but in the end it was just too sad at my former home sites without the housing quarter signs and I needed a chaotic crowd. That surprises me, as I detest crowds in RL. For some reason, though, I needed proof that there were many MANY others experiencing the same thing I was. The messiness, and silliness, and overall life of the place was helpful (but not the spam- I blocked 2 people for the first time ever and it was during the last 5 minutes of Glitch). I am on the verge of tears again (and I'm surprised that I have any left) but I thank you, fellow Glitchen, for helping me yesterday as I bid farewell to a piece of my heart that now resides somewhere in a server, with a herd of fat hobbit piggies and a flock of dwarfish chickens. I know they're not alone.
    Posted 11 years ago by TransplantedEntwife Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I went back to the world, donated to Cosma, petted a tree, petted a pig, then nibbled the piggy. He gave me bacon (never happened to me before) and I knew that was where I belonged. I tried to get home to see Rory (my butler) and all my butterflies and chickens, but got booted 5 minutes before. But i will always have my piggy nibble to end the game. Couldn't ask for more.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady Snugglesworth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I stood in my house yelling things like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the walls and waiting for GOD or one of the giants to appear and tell me Glitch ending was all just a big silly joke.  "Hahahaha, it's not really ending, but I wanted to wait until the last second to let you know the whole thing has been redone in Unity.  After the server reboot you may need to install a new plugin, see you in a few minutes."

Somehow, and this part I really can't figure out, this did not occur.  :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Nerd of Epic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I made my way to Ajaya Bliss, the place where I found my first Glitch friends. Everything went to hell at 3:53AM (7 minutes before closing), but my Glitch had her final resting place amongst the sparkly she loved so much.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rammi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On my street with my butler, the Magic Rock, my unreleasable cubimals, and my icons.

www.glitch.com/snaps/PIF3BG...

I played the conch and GNG and told my butler I loved him (he said he loved me too).
    Posted 11 years ago by Bonten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wasn't sure if I would be able to get online at the time of the shutdown, so earlier in the day I visited all of my favorite streets. I was a stickler for exploring every street as soon as a new region was unlocked so I had the entire map open and just teleported around to the best spots. My wife didn't ever play, but she knew how much I loved it so I took her on a tour of my favorite places and we read some of the notes left around Ur.

We were out that night, but got home about 15 minutes before the shutdown. I couldn't get into the game before the end because the servers were too full, but after the shutdown it let me in for about 45 seconds before kicking me out. I stood on the roof of my house looking at the moon with my Rock and my butler, Mr. Trinkets. I couldn't think of a better ending.
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PIF47M...
    Posted 11 years ago by WallCrawlingHero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was teleporting to Shimla Mirch from Eastern Approach when I was booted from the server, five minutes to.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kayaka Violin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cebarkul

Once I got there, there was no leaving, in fact, there was almost no moving - lol!  Before that, I started in The Caverns, traveled to GFJ, the Heights, Feman Falters, Nottis and maybe a few other spots along the route.  I then returned to Cebarkul  where I could not move, "speak" or even answer IMs until the Server Reset.  I was able to slowly move around in the dark and saw no other movement as every Glitch (but me) seemed frozen in time waiting for a Hero to reanimate them.  sadly, I was not that Hero and reluctantly left the Game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After returning from Carl's reading (and jumping through Balzare), I went home to thank Jeeves for being a way better butler/slave than Jeeeeeves ever was. Then we went on a purple journey and got kicked off.
    Posted 11 years ago by MarbhDamhsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In the last ten-ish minutes I visited my first home in Hauki Seeks in Bortola. Walked to my second (and last) home in Moraba Plains, Kajuu. Then I went home, youthenized my piggies and butterflies, relocated them onto my homestreet, removed the butterfly stick and hung out with Marvin, my botler. Marvin suggested I go visit a friend, which made me shudder. I couldn't really explain that my friend's street will soon be gone, as would we. Then GNG started playing and the last butterfly I massaged was one I saved from my old housing block. It was called Saudade.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dorothy Gale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I planned to spend it in Jethimadh, but in the end I went home. I spent the last half an hour on my street blabbering nonsense and 'I-love-you' to my butler.
    Posted 11 years ago by Janun Harmaa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Groddle Forest Junction was the place to be!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pepper Von Papple Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was on my home street, holding my cubimals, and trying to explain that I was going away to my butler. He didn't understand but at the last notes of Goodnight Groddle faded away he told me he loved me too.

I feel very lucky not to have been messed up by the server and I'm sorry for those who were :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • my last moments where in cerbakul last night
    i had all my favourite things like my stoot doll and other things from the feat
    The most precious thing i had was an emblem of humbaba so i could go to heaven and live with humbaba forever
    Posted 11 years ago by blossom202 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • With my butler and magic rock <3 of course, took one last trip to Groddle Meadow first.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink