Topic

Journalist working on story on Glitch closing

Hey, all:

(And please move this to another forum if it belongs there!)

I'm a journalist working on a story about the end of Glitch. I was in and around most of the weekend, but I didn't get to see nearly everything or talk to everyone.

If you have a story about something cool that happened to you in Glitch or some way that it affected your life, please e-mail me at toddvdw at gmail dot com (put "Glitch story" in the subject line somewhere, so I can filter for it) OR talk to me on the Twitter at @tvoti

Or not!

Thanks to all. I had so much fun playing this game.

Posted 11 years ago by XtheOwl Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I've caught this. I'll try to get in touch. There are projects underway.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • XtheOwl, Once I gather my thoughts, I'll be in touch. Glitch Helped me through darkest of times, reunited me with my beloved younger sister and found me truest lifelong friends and we all helped each other through life's obstacles. Thank you.

Cheers,

Bachjess
    Posted 11 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please post the finished story on one of the Glitch refugee sites, when it's done? Or here, if it's done by then.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thaumatrope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It should be going up later this week or early next week, so I certainly will.

Also: If you want to remain anonymous or go off-the-record or use your username instead of your real name, all are totally acceptable (though I would like your geographic location; city or state/province is fine). For the most part, I'm looking for anecdotes that will fill out the bulk of the piece.

Thanks so much!
  • I wish the staff would sticky this. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Because a couple of you have asked for my credentials via e-mail (totally fair!), you can read my work (which usually deals with television) here: www.avclub.com/authors/todd...

You can read my initial review of Glitch from way back last year here: www.avclub.com/articles/gli...

I'll be writing for The Gameological Society, our sister gaming publication, which is really a great site and can be found here: www.gameological.com

And my deadline is end of the day Wednesday, so if you could get any thoughts you have to me sometime Tuesday (or Wednesday morning at the latest), that would be great. Thanks so much, and I'll stop bugging everyone now!