Topic

Staff Topic

Notes from the End of Ur

As things were close to the end, I took screenshots of a few dozen notes in the game as I wandered around and posted them to Flickr.

Enjoy!
flic.kr/s/aHsjD9uoXb

Posted 11 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow.
    Posted 11 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, no - I should not have read these. I'm sobbing again. They're lovely. Thank you for saving them.
    Posted 11 years ago by Schiehallion23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some of your snap titles got me in the heart as much as what the notes said.
    Posted 11 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you :DDD
    Posted 11 years ago by Reisball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are lovely, thanks for sharing them!
    Posted 11 years ago by Derkhan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These notes are so sad :( I have loads up at www.mumblebox.com too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr Payne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are pretty awesome. 

+1 to the Glitchen who wrote that will. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Juniparr Subscriber! | Permalink
  • <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohhh- thanks for the tip Dr Payne!
  • I saved 90+ notes and will eventually place many of them at Flikr.  I also captured a few videos but am totally inept at editing them.  Spme are very lengthy and all have "Darth Vader Breath".  I am learning (slowly) how to edit them and getting some help with that.  If I ever get any of them in a suitable size and shape I will post them at Youtube.  Will let you know here in the Forums.

The Notes were overwhelmingly beautiful and/or funny and I am so glad to have had the pleasure of reading and capturing them.  Thanks Everyone!
    Posted 11 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brib Annie- if you do post them, feel free to add them to this group:

www.flickr.com/groups/notes...

That goes for anyone else who collected notes in the final days of the game.

Dr Payne, feel free to use the ones I uploaded to that set for your own site if you want, you have them formatted very nicely; download links are in the menu:

Actions > View All Sizes
  • I loved reading all these notes as I came across them wandering in the last few days. Thank you so much for saving these! (I need to upload a couple that I snapped pictures of, too.) :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Clary Sage Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can you believe that I forget to take a snap of my note I left in.... I forgot the name, it was there where you had to first jump around and then got lifted to the next region.... :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Bradogar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Bradogar - I did the same.  i was so busy snapping other peoples' notes that i forgot to copy my own.
  • Every note I ever dropped I wrote in a Word document first, so I have all the text, I just forgot to snap a pic of my actual notes.
    Posted 11 years ago by WallCrawlingHero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am slowly adding Notes to my "Glitch notes" set at Flickr.  There will be more of them.  I saved more than 90 notes from around Ur.  These are screen shots so I am cropping them to just the note images which may take me another day or two.  I can't read them, I get too weepy right now but i will read them after a while.  Some of the notes were two or more images.  Those will be pasted together so that the entire messages can be read in one composit.  Some are weepy, some funny and some even puzzling but all are worth remembering.  Thank you Citizens of Ur!

Kevbob, when I get them all up, I will add them or link them to that Set or you may do it if you like. 
  • I can't believe I didn't take pictures of my notes.  Maybe someone else got it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jardex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also took screenshots of random notes that I found in Ur in the last few days.    I will upload them and put them in that group.
    Posted 11 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • flickr.com/gp/treesa/ACP131/
    Posted 11 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, kevbob! Such a thoughtful thing to do. I will read them eventually, but need to keep it together today. Great big {{{HUGS}}}!!
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink