Topic

Quick Question About Glitch NPCs

I'm just wondering who you would think of as the oldest and/or wisest character in the game. To put it another way, who would you consider the Glitch version of Obi Wan? This doesn't have to be a character that you interacted with often, or at all, but if you were seeking answers about the nature of the world around you who would you ask? I think I know what most responses will be, but I only joined a few months before the end so a lot of you might have more insight than me.

And don't say Bubble Trees. We all know they weren't the wisest anything in Ur.

Posted 11 years ago by WallCrawlingHero Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Uncle Friendly maybe? Or Trisor. I bet Trisor hears a lot of crazy stuff while tending his bar.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gwendolyn~
    Posted 11 years ago by Genkicoll Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Fern Connelly

You mean Hell's Bartender. Trisor is the guy in the first street (Hell One) who has three eyes and appears to be yelling at you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tii. The first giant, who then created the two genders and the remaining 10 giants, making it so there were a prime number of giants and an even number of male and female giants, just as he planned it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's the unpronounceable squid character, of course. I also think highly of Grendaline. (I can't decide whether to give my allegiance to Grendaline or Humbaba, but I don't doubt that Grendaline is, ironically, more down-to-earth.)
    Posted 11 years ago by Theremina Lute Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is great! I honestly expected a lot of Magic Rock answers because he's so studious and he guides you on most of your quests, but I don't think of him that way and I'm glad you all have your own answers.

I, myself, am a Zillot, but I was really looking for non-Giant NPCs.
  • Juju Gamma knows all, sees all.
    Posted 11 years ago by N2ZOrtolanaBlue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, my money's on box!squid, though I imagine both Trisor *and* the Bartender have been around the block quite a number of times.
    Posted 11 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TRISOR.

Also, the tree in Groddle.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Scion. He may speak of nonsense, but who knows what wisdom was buried within?

Perhaps he was on a higher plane of consciousness than the rest of us.
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Esquibeth! Not only was she a pioneer in the field of martial imagination, but she quite literally saved the world when the Giants were drifting apart.
    Posted 11 years ago by Darkheart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Huh, I don't think of Esquibeth as an NPC per se.  Though she's definitely an interesting figure.
    Posted 11 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are all excellent answers. Esquibeth is an interesting choice because (and correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since that quest) your character can't actually interact with her since she's a figure from legend. You never actually interact with Trisor (again correct me if I'm wrong) and you only speak to Gwendolyn during her quest, but your character could presumably have conversations with them beyond that since they exist (more or less) in the same time period.
  • like yoda? Has to be the AFLC frog. Backpack through Shimla Mirch!

The dolls used to spout some singularly useful nonsense. Especially Ayn Rand.

I would have like it if Pot was an actual NPC, sitting in a sprawling temple lined with gold and food, getting high and talking dope. Yeah, that would have been so totally awesome, dude.
    Posted 11 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK, I've gotten some widely varied responses so I have another related, but different question. What is your opinion of the Magic Rock? Is there just one Magic Rock that guides everyone at once and lives on everybody's home street because he's magic, or does everyone have their own magic rock, like your butler, and they all just have the same name?
  • I think of the Magic Rock as being like Calcifer in the Howl's Moving Castle books.
    Posted 11 years ago by JohnaMarie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • JohnaMarie - my Magic Rock cubimal was named Calcifer for that exact reason!
    Posted 11 years ago by Frogger The Mad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry, I'm not familiar with the character. Can you elaborate?
  • howlscastle.wikia.com/wiki/... That has the basic info on him.
    Posted 11 years ago by JohnaMarie Subscriber! | Permalink