Topic

Inspiration

First of all, I'd like to explain my story.

I was browsing through some wikis about two months ago, blissfully ignorant of everything Glitch, when I came upon a big ad about Glitch. Fascinated, I clicked on... and so began my adventure. Just as I was getting started, I noticed a small text box on the bottom of the page where I would usually play. Reading it, I hoped it was a lie, prank, trick, glitch... or anything, but sadly, it wasn't. I did manage to log in the last day... but at noon, and all I did was leave the tower i was in in and left.

Before Glitch had closed, however, inspiration had struck. I have lately been making short little stupid games on Game Maker, and the news of Glitch's closing had inspired me to make another game that revolved around imagination, but had many key differences from Glitch.

For starters, it was based on my original idea of what Glitch was before I had actually played it. In the game (or so I hope) there will be 5 types of imagination: Civilization, Nature, Air, Rock, and Wild. Depending on the type of imagination you use to shape the world, the world will be different. How so? Well, using Civilization imagination means more houses in the world. Thus, previously unobtainable items can be caught by climbing atop a conveniently placed house. Need more Rock imagination? No problem, growing plants will cause them to uproot rocks. The only foolproof way to get more Wild imagination is to use Wild imagination itself.

The game will hopefully be based around choices. How to revive a fallen ally? Well, using Nature imagination should make a tree that grows allies, bringing you a useful boost later on in the game instead of simply reviving them with Civilization imagination.

There's no promises this game (which I'm calling ImagiPlanet, by the way) will be made within a year, two years, a decade, a century, or ever.

Thank you, Tiny Speck, for the great moments I've spent playing Glitch, even if it was such a short time :)

Posted 11 years ago by gmfk07 Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• That's a very interesting idea...

Wish I could help.

Though, wouldn't Essence of the Mind be a better name?
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sounds like a really good idea. I hope you will be able to work on it, finish, and hopefully release it to the public one day, soon.
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Essence of the Mind sounds great :D And I do need a bit more help on the part of sprite making...
  • Not sure if me double posting like this is a bad thing (I sure hope not) but if you're interested in the development of the game, you can check my blog for new updates.