Topic

Who created the Abbasid Streets?

Just want to acknowledge the creator... I loved the artwork and the possibility this world created.

Ur!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yeah, I love love loved them!
    Posted 11 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I loved the nod to the Mideast roots of civilization. Would have loved to explored that.
  • Thanks!
    I drew the assets and rayn made the streets.
    We never finalized on what to actually do with it, but we had a whole bunch of partially thought out plans for it. And many of them were grand ideas.
    Here's a concept of what the map would've been like for one of the ideas.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh my god that would've been perfect.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh gosh... the possibilities are just endless!! I loved the pottery and the rooftop stuff... I zoomed in and out on those vortex streets so much... looking for any little detail. Sigh.

Thanks for sticking with us through the end. It means more than you know. (OK. I'm guessing you *do* know. This letting-go stuff kinda sucks.)
  • @Pirate Apples
    It's therapy for myself too!

Besides, we have way too much stuff to fit in the Glitch book. Might as well give some of these behind the scenes stuff away for free in the forums while its still up!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Holy crap, what a fantastic map. It was great to see the little smiley-mood face and the XP gauge as well! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That place would of been awesome! Don't you wish sometimes that some locations in glitch would be in the real world? Or am I alone..
    Posted 11 years ago by total.rebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah: great to see the old interface and have the opportunity to save that little piece of memorabilia.  Thank You!  Back then who woulda thunk we woulda had to.

Yeah, yeah; I know, stinky grammar.  Sue me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sir Lovealot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK. I want to move to Abbasid.

You are not alone total.rebel
  • That is an awesome map! Egads, I would like to live in a parallel universe where Glitch is going strong.
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Abbasid would have become one of my favourite places in Glitch, had it survived. I really liked Glitch, but I missed a city location (I'm a city girl at heart), and this would have made Glitch complete for me. 
    Thank you for sharing a few of the Abbasid streets with us in the Vortex of Random. The big kitchen and the big living room, do you have a map for the region they would have become as well? Would love to see those, because those were amazing too. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Silvery Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That looks really cool
    Cities were much needed to balance the amount of "wild" streets...
    Also I would have loved to see the other one (and this pic is so old...) in game too :]
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting Silvery.... that may have been my attraction as well. Maybe that's why Abbasid was so attractive to me. Sigh.
  • make a bigger book.

muuuuuch bigger.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG, that Abbasid map looks so cool, like the Ur Ur. Big regret that we'll never get to see what the final result would have been.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the Map Brent!  Maybe it can be recycled for something else one day.
    Posted 11 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *agrees wholeheartedly with Flask*
    Posted 11 years ago by Twynk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If it all can't fit into a book perhaps it could fit in a web site. Like the museum in Jethimadh tower.

Personally, I'd like to read a "question/answer" thread where we can find out all kinds of secrets about how things were created, or why things were a certain way, or how some special Glitches got to have two-toned hair, etc. :) Maybe there already is one? I will look.

I liked Abbasid, too!
    Posted 11 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh whats that cool stuff on your dev screen? Pencils, globes, ? with an X, grayed out check mark.... *curious about neato stuff*
    Posted 11 years ago by Dagnabbit Rabbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink