Topic

THE SECRET BADGES!

Please tell us all of the secret badges! Well..ones that were secret and didn't make it to the game you NEVER told us :(

Posted 11 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• You guys found all of the ones that actually made it into the game. We had art and text for a few achievements that were never implemented in the code, but there are no undiscovered secret achievements. Sorry!
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What about other assorted secrets like the dragon at Unnu Slight or the SB-1 block? Are there some secrets that were never found?
    Posted 11 years ago by Spacemarine9 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And plans for the Impossible achievement?
    Posted 11 years ago by EmiB Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some of the world builders added secrets that they didn't tell any of us about! Some players stumbled across one a couple of weeks ago -- there was a dead-end street in one of the firebog areas where, after 30 people had entered the street, 3 decorative firebog jars would appear. Once three Glitchen stood underneath each of the 3 jars, the jars would disappear, and 3 actual full firefly jars would drop down.
  • The Impossible Achievement has already been planned and executed perfectly! It is impossible!
  • Aw! That's so cool! But since the impossible achievement was linked to an I assume unreleased skill, how was that planned to work out?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It is not linked to an unreleased skill or anything else. It is impossible! We named it very well.
  • A few games (e.g. fallen london) use unattainable achievements as locks for new content, so that testers can test 'em but the playerbase is left staring at a teaser of what is to come. Or just to lock it in general, i suppose.
    I guess when the skill (BAIII, i think it was) was ready to be released, the impossible requirement would be removed so everyone else could learn it
    Posted 11 years ago by Spacemarine9 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I thought it was for beaurocratic arts...3?
    Posted 11 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really like the design of the badges and hope those unimplemented artwork and writing bits may be revealed somewhere in the future, perhaps in the Glitch Artbook or some other collection of unreleased content publication.

The only known unimplemented achievement is Super-Duper World Trouper, for visiting 5077 different locations, seen in the old Encyclopedia icon: http://i.imgur.com/qIQAF.jpg

Based on the Achievement ID gaps, there are between 42 to 44 entries that may or may not have been planned achievements and unimplemented (including possible entries that were duplicated or deleted).
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TomC, if I weren't already married, I'd propose to you!
    Posted 11 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You know, in a totally non-creeepy manner ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • > You guys found all of the ones that actually made it into the game. We had art and text for a few achievements that were never implemented in the code, but there are no undiscovered secret achievements. Sorry!

Yeah us! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Gohawk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What's this about a real secret having to do with the dragon?
    Posted 11 years ago by ICountFrom0 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ ICountFrom0: I'm assuming what they are referring to is using broccoli to make the dragon's toothy maw glow. 
    Posted 11 years ago by malo Subscriber! | Permalink