Topic

Devs, what games do you play now that Glitch is closed?

I'm not liking any of my options...maybe you play one I haven't heard of yet?

Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Yes. We need help desperately. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe that can't share that info? ....sigh....
  • Just an idea for now: link
    Posted 11 years ago by Malc Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Man, we are so useless to you guys here. There's not a secret Glitch competitor/substitute out there that we're keeping under our hats.

I played through Botanicula last weekend and will probably start in on Machinarium soonish. Both have great art and sound, so: yay! I'll probably end up grinding my way back over to Animal Crossing eventually, although the idea of weeding my town really bums me out.

Some Speckers play World of Warcraft regularly and others are working through Assassin's Creed 3. A few of us got hooked on Fairway Golf (iOS) for a while. The Vancouver crew had a good time with Spaceteam last week. We also play (physical, actual, IRL) board games when we're together. It's pretty all over the place!
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw, I want to come play board games with you guys!  That would be such fun.  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LP-
    Yeah, anything by amanita design is going to be pretty cool. Machinarium rocked, and the Samorost ones, though shorter, are also worth playing. Thanks for letting me know about Botanicula, didn't know it existed, but looks worth checking out. I seriously doubt it will even compare to Glitch though...
    Posted 11 years ago by TanithLow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooooo, what server for WoW?  I would LOVE to move my character!
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LP: If it's City Folk, I just came back to it after 2 years and it didn't take long to deal with weeds and roaches. And all of my neighbors were the same! Which was awesome because I had/have Ribbot (robot frog) and Lucky (the mummy dog).
    Posted 11 years ago by Faranae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Game Dev Story still,
    Another chance to make Glitch.
    O! Glitch failed again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, Little Poundcake, Botanicula is what I'd call a quick-fix. As you mentioned, it's a short game...and while I'm still gonna cough up the bucks to play it, it's not gonna satisfy in the long run....nothing will, at least nothing I've seen so far. (ETA: LOL to weeding your Animal Crossing town, LP! I haven't played in over a year...I'm sure all my neighbors have moved on and the town will be absolutely covered in weeds...groan!)
    Posted 11 years ago by KitchWitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @kukubee: Oh, a haiku. You are secretly a paper tree!
    Posted 11 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • <3 Alyx
    Posted 11 years ago by KitchWitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hm, we should have had a paper tree named Kukubee. Every time you clicked on it, you would have seen "A Paper Tree named Kukubee" and had a little "yay, that rhymes!" moment.
  • LP: Thanks for sharing those games! I just played the demo of Botanicula and had to buy it - the art is adorable and the soundtrack is quite enjoyable. I'll be checking out Machinarium too. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by LulaJaenelle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Machinarium is cute. I gifted it to a friend who really isn't a gamer at all, and it made both her and her then-boyfriend (who's a serious gamer) really happy, so that they played through it together.
    Posted 11 years ago by Not a Princess Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really dig Macinarium. Just played the demo and purchased the full game. Thanks! Any more recommendations?
    Posted 11 years ago by ☠ lala512 ☠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Kukubee
    Game Dev Story, yay! Kairosoft games are an autopurchase in our house. Love 'em. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Sheepy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want to know what WoW servers people are on too!
    Posted 11 years ago by Magic Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bought Botanicula and it's really sweet, funny and especially beautiful, but then I get stuck somewhere and I can't turn to global chat or live help or local chat or anywhere to get a bit of a hint or a tip... (sigh)
    Posted 11 years ago by Silvery Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I finally got around to playing Little Big Planet last week. It's fun! I hear that LBP2 is better, but the original is what I had on the PS3, soooooo yeah. The soundtrack is great -- lots of live performances that would fit into the Glitch world well. You play a little sack dude who's pretty similar to a butler, too!
  • I really enjoy Little Big Planet. The collaborative play and player created worlds really make/change the game. My SO calls it "what Glitch wanted to be."   :(

I just wish it was computer based, rather than TV based, as it's not portable. 

Also, I haven't really figured out how to find or play with other Glitchen, even if I knew there were any others there. If you've figured it out, I'm Squiggle-Squee there. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Squiggle-Squee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I'm just not gonna be able to buy a PS3 just to play one game.  It makes me sad.
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been playing Path of Exile, it's an action RPG similar to Diablo, currently Closed Beta but going to Open Beta Soon.

That being said it's not the same as Glitch, not at all :( I like it because I like ARPGs but the community sucks. Lots of internet-y teenage 4chan boys, I have to play w/global chat muted.
    Posted 11 years ago by Godiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just got Little Big Planet last night...I like it so far...very cute! Squiggle-Squee, when/if I figure out how to find people on there, I'll look for you!
  • Yes, LittleBigPlanet is the closest thing to Glitch that's left for me. I've always loved it, and actually have all three games. (The third is a racing game called LittleBigPlanet Karting)
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been playing quite a bit of leage of legends but everyone is so mean there. Also quite a bit of plannetside 2.
    Posted 11 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink