Topic

Little glitchy references.

I'm writing a story!
It's not specifically about Glitch. It's an Alice-in-Wonderland-type book about a girl who travels to Dreamland with her toys each night. There are three parts to Dreamland, and one of them is Whimsy, which is probably resembles Wonderland the most.
The thing is, Whimsy was partially inspired by Glitch. Do you think Tiny Speck would allow me to put references to Glitch in the book? Not things like Mab or Humbaba or The Rook. Just little things like button blooms and flora reminiscent of Uralia/Mazza'la. I probably won't include any innuendo, because the main character is five years old. 
So is it ok?
(also does anyone have any suggestions for whimsical glitchy-stuff? i've memorized a lot of Ur's quirks, but not all of them.)

Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• "There are many creatures here! Nibbly piggies and rather rude butterflies. Don't squeeze the chickens, though. They hate that."
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, Sororia, this will be wonderful! And, I though I can't speak for TS, I doubt very much they'd mind you making reference to some of the beautiful scenery that was created in the game. Key word: was. Now that the game is defunct, there's probably very little they could do with regards to an author giving a written description of a visual element within a game. In fact, I imagine they'd be something more akin to flattered.

PS...I would love to read this upon completion...you have such a wonderful way with words, and my son (who's only five) misses watching Glitch as much as I miss playing it, and would probably love this story, too!
    Posted 11 years ago by Dahlia DreadNaught Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks!

The only thing is, it's a book, and I'm only about 7k words into it so far.
    And most of those 7k words take place in the real actual world which is dull and unGlitchy. :(

I will probably finish it next year. I hope.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink