Topic

Any Secrets the Devs wish unmasking?

Possibly a bit more insight on the Interragation room or the penatly box? Or how about what happened to the gum trees? Anything else we have no idea about? Please Tell Us! I'd love to know that in the end, my butler turned evil and started helping the rooks wipe out Ur in some quest. There was something i've been wondering about awhile too: Whats with the sea monster?

Posted 11 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
  • Omg, that would've been awesome. thanks for sharing, LP!
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @terezipyrope
    One of my favorite ideas that I knew would never get greenlit was this one (warning, it's looooong so apologies to anyone who actually sits through it and reads it):
    Mini Glitches - YOU ARE THE GIANT

It was one of those things that I knew we would never work on because it would take a team and half to build it, but it was one that was so fun to make up anyways.

Keita had so many wonderfully preposterous ideas that were beyond "out there". It was insane to see what he came up with every day that we never got to use. I wish he will post them all somewhere some day.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did my question just get buried or...?
    (Also, mini-Glitchen sound adorable.)
    Posted 11 years ago by Galaxy Dynamite Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Galaxy Dynamite
    All the Giant symbols were drawn, but if you're talking strictly about the newer, altered, stylized ones in the Esquibeth quest, the ones you saw in the quest were the only ones that were made.
    As far as Inari being a region of the world, I think that was never even discussed. Or if it was, it was discussed too quietly cause I didn't hear it.
  • Mini-Glitches! That would have been totally adorable! Sigh....
    TY LP and Kukubee and everyone else for continuing to post these secrets.
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Found one that I never even posted to the Tiny Speck team.
    Animal Crossing-style Pattern Making

Wasn't fully thought through, but I don't think it would've been that hard to do.
    But sooo would've been worth it. Because customizing everything would've been key.
    Bring on the dong tshirts!
  • MINI PIGGIES!!!!!!!

I am so sad that never came to be.
    Posted 11 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the Mini-Glitch idea; it reminds me of the game "Black & White".

And the Mini-Glitches could then build a Mini-Mini-Ur, and those Micro-Glitches could build a Micro-Ur, then on to a Nano-Ur and so on and so on... It'd be like "Urception"! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Autolycus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, another street style we never made!
    Cloudia
  • This thread is completely amazing. Thanks to Kukubee, Poundcake and everyone else who has chipped in. I miss Glitch so much but I'm over the moon to have been able to be part of it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Theremina Lute Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Omg, that MiniGlitch idea was so awesome :o
  • Cloudia looks AMAZING. I bet Cosma would have loved it.
    Also yesssss smiting mini Glitches FTW. I would have been the vengefullest giant ever. Muahahahaha!
    Posted 11 years ago by Maria Diatorre Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does that Glitch on the right side of Cloudia have a demon mask on??
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Now the encyclopedia needs a Hall of rejected/wip concepts too ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm, why wasn't there ever Giant (as in the giants, not like big.) Cubimals, HMMMMM???
    Posted 11 years ago by Future Shock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Future Shock
    There was about to be! But something happened and we couldn't make them. I forget what it was.
    Oh yeah! Glitch closed.
  • @kukubee Sigh. i wish glitch would just come back, or anything about the game closing is just an nightmare.
  • Thank you so much for these! We always knew you guys were amazing, and it's nice to have validation for those beliefs.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lilith Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't even tell you how much I want to play Mini Glitch. Or really, any Glitch! At the end of a very rough day, there was nothing like basking in the playful chatter of Civility Group Chat and tending colorful imaginary herbs.

Thanks again for sharing these - you all had so many good ideas that I hope we'll see some form of, some day, even if they're scattered across a dozen games.
    Posted 11 years ago by Caiyot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh good ol Kukubee, could you please send me the sketches for the giant cubimals, if you have them? i will be eternally greatful.
  • I keep looking in the encyclopedia, and it doesn't seem all the 'secret' things are added to it, like the Stoot Shrine. It kind of makes me wonder if there were other secret areas that weren't found.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kgummy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *fishes for secrets*
    I hope I can catch some. xD
  • To the best of my knowledge (which is pretty expansive, but not all-encompassing!), there weren't any undiscovered secret areas. Everything that was discoverable was discovered.
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No final last minute secrets to unveil?
    Posted 11 years ago by Ooloi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh I remember one. 

When Rook attacks were first introduced, there was no automation involved- you had to manually select streets and select intensity and then push a button to start it off. I loved the attacks like nobody's business, and loved to start them for a time. I tried to pick a street that there were enough people walking through and were likely socially connected in the game in order to sound the general alarm. Then Rook Alerts group started telegraphing my whereabouts, as I was often seen right before the scene of the crime. Totally tracking me, you creepers!! ;) Anyway, I switched to using an alt to scout out places, and would have the kevbob account going to opposite ends of Ur, and Rook Alerts spies would tail me there, while I set the attack off elsewhere. Kept me on my toes while I tried to keep you on your toes. Good fun!
    Posted 11 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL at Kevbob! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Marley Cuddles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL! Thanks kevbob! =D
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love that story Kevbob!
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • pardon me, but just have to say this one thing:

dear world,

get bent. a game this awesome should have lived forever. i blame you.

love, flask.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, Kevbob. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ha! Thanks Kevbob for that story. C:
    Posted 11 years ago by GravityGrip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow! So many unused things. And the Cloudia design was awesome!
    Posted 11 years ago by SmiVan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So any other last minute stories?
    Posted 11 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just finished reading through all of this, such wonderful ideas so much we didn't get to see and do. I just want to thank everybody, who had anything to do with developing Glitch. I shall never forget you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Melody Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next