Topic

Any Secrets the Devs wish unmasking?

Possibly a bit more insight on the Interragation room or the penatly box? Or how about what happened to the gum trees? Anything else we have no idea about? Please Tell Us! I'd love to know that in the end, my butler turned evil and started helping the rooks wipe out Ur in some quest. There was something i've been wondering about awhile too: Whats with the sea monster?

Posted 11 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• *waves* Glad we were able to find your last ghost, Bradogar!

The new locations that didn't make it into the wiki are:

Polokoo
    Quluuwaa Luwa
    MitMit Meets
    Katteletti Kata
    Sambossa Bossa
    Kikal Kalzo
    Keywot Whot
    Yebeg Yobs
    Paodoo Lets

Callopee
    Vekke Vets

Kloro
    Morchella Lepiota

Which one were you missing, Kip?
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *waves back* Yay! mine was in MitMit Meets!
    Posted 11 years ago by Bradogar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While we're on the topic of quests that made you run around the world to find things that were difficult to find...

Those 11 secret locations of your DNA? You actually had 20 locations. You finished the quest once you found 11 of the 20.
  • I always kept my ears perked up to hear that special DNA sound. Got all 11 of mine easily that way!
    Posted 11 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aha, that's why DNA was so easy! I recall lamenting many times that ghosts weren't as easy as DNA.
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never got all my DNA. Or my ghosts.

Please reopen Glitch :c
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aww, wow! Thanks for all the extra tidbits and links. So neat to see some of the thinking that was going on behind the scenes!
    Posted 11 years ago by plou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I loved the DNA sound.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The fact that there were 20 DNA locations really blows my mind!

Thanks for sharing!
    Posted 11 years ago by Montooli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting! And very clever. When I'd found all my DNA's, I was like... "was that it?! out of all those locations? I must've been very lucky". It makes much more sense now. Thanks for sharing!
    Posted 11 years ago by Waffle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Moar sekkrits? please?
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am so loving this thread. Didn't expect to still find something new and fun
    so many days after closing. But that's Glitch for ya!
    Posted 11 years ago by Spree Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Developers, can you please shed some more light on the subject of the Int. Room?
  • I wasn't around for this, but here's the story as I remember it from Kuke:

The interrogation room was built as a place where a player could be brought for a Very Serious Conversation With Stoot And Other Staff About What Constitutes Appropriate Behavior. Once in the interrogation room, you could not move or leave the room on your own. You had to convince Stoot that you wanted to continue to play and that you'd behave yourself once set free. There is a video of the first interrogation on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtFi4_mj_V0.

The whole concept backfired when news of the existence of the interrogation room got out and players tried to devise ways to get there.

One of the original ideas for a bad player timeout mechanism was called Penalty Island. It would be a place where staff could automatically send a player whose behavior was somehow misguided. AFAIK, Penalty Island was never implemented beyond Kuke's illustration.

However! There was an actual street called Penalty Box hiding in the game. I don't know if anyone besides staff ever went there. Its art reappeared in Vortex of Random on one of the Abbasid streets, and the "you are here because you are bad" and "knock it off" signs from the tree in Downside Up are from Penalty Box.

Snaps of both:
    Interrogation room: http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PHVAEGH6KB92AR7/284902-817c5e21cc/
    Penalty Box: http://www.glitch.com/snaps/PHVAEGH6KB92AR7/284545-51f3605053/
  • Jiminy Christmas. Just when I thought I couldn't love this game any more.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So many secrets ... so little time.

Thank you guys for making such a wonderful game. I know it's been said a lot, but it can never be said enough, IMHO. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can see that, a mad rush to get to the new interrogation room. LOL Suddenly a rash of Glitchen Behaving Badly. 

I need a sign that says "You are here because you are bad." for a corner of my house. 

Thanks for sharing LP :)

ETA: Kukubee, where are your sekrits? Don't think that just because you're an author and publisher now that you get off the hook! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh yeah!
    Here's another bundle of misc wall decoration ideas.

Wall Decos

I wanted to give these a lot more thought but alas, no time!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Alph likes eating your banana LOL.

Cool shit.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • nice glasses too :p
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is by far the best thread since we closed...and I read ALL of it!

Moar seekrits pleez!!!!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Dahlia DreadNaught Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kuke, you should tell them about the temples.
  • TEMPLES?!
    Posted 11 years ago by Popcorn☺ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Should I???
    Should I really???
    Okay!

TEMPLES

This was a big idea (and sort of what I wanted the Giant costumes to be used for).
    Even better would be to use the ideas here and allow you to "own" public streets by turning shrines into temples and really start some Giant wars.
    The mechanic was grind-y as FUDGE, so there was still a lot of thought to be put into other ways you could rise up. But this was a seedling for a grand idea.
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Posted 11 years ago by Tetro Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this is freaking amazing!
    Posted 11 years ago by Popcorn☺ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMFG GREAT GRENDALINE.
    I usually refrain from using such slang as "OMFG", but it seemed necessary.
    :O :O :O :O :O :O :O
    Greatest idea ever.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love the temple idea. Makes me wanna play really bad again.
    Posted 11 years ago by IUPmike Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I always liked Glitch's quasi-religious bent. This idea would have really tied it all together.
    Posted 11 years ago by Polly Paperclip | Permalink
  • *pout*  now I hate you moar for going away!  nah, I really Love you guys and your fantastic beautiful vision!  *see's a falling star and wishes with my whole heart for Glitch to return*
    Posted 11 years ago by Li'll Missy Brenda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG, Wall Decos and Temples!! Excellent, just excellent ideas!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So many amazing ideas! :') I love this stuff. There's just such creativity in these designs!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lone Druid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Temples.
    Jaw. dropped.
    Posted 11 years ago by Von B Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh I wish I had toilets like this
    j/k cool designs really ^^
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...ummm...wow...to echo SeerQueen "Oh. My. Fucking. Giants..."

Thank, you so much, Taco Assassin, for starting this amazing thread!
    Posted 11 years ago by Chazerei Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still love this game, and the people who made it :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brain blowout. (I'll be good for nothing for the rest of the day!) What incredible ideas, Kukubee. :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I just ascended...yep, it was awesome!
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is all so wonderful/sad to read.
    Posted 11 years ago by The Doctor's Wife Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All these ideas are so cool to read. The temples would have been AMAZING.
    Posted 11 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love these so very much, even if they are sad-making.  (man oh man would I have made a killer Lemmite Patriarch)  But you know what else I would love to see so very much? 

Many months ago, I was lucky enough to get to visit the TS SF office.  And yes, it was amazing.  But there was one thing I learned about which I've never been able to shake the curiosity. 

I was told that each day, kt came up with an idea for the game which he mocked up and posted to the internal wiki.  My wide-eyed 'oooooooooh' face gave me away because I was then told that no, I could NOT see the wiki.  Except I did get to see one, a cute little gather-the-right-ingredients-to-assemble-a-sandwich mini-game set in Abbasid.

So, what I would love so very much is to see some of those ideas.   Really I love all the ideas (keep 'em coming!), but what I wouldn't do to see the kt ideas wiki stuff...  :D
    Posted 11 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG TEMPLES.

What's funny is, in the Minecraft world, I started making temples to the Giants. Each one unique to the spirit of each Giant. I felt bad spending my time making something that didn't exist in Ur, but BEHOLD. There WAS to be temples! 

OH MY GIANTS, it would have been awesome!
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, the Temples! Such a wonderful Glitchy idea.

It kills me that all of this art and creativity and resonant mythology are no longer part of an active project. It's like a shoebox full of great memories that leave you wondering what could have been.
    Posted 11 years ago by Caiyot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Now, I was wondering...was there a list of items that Rube could trade to us? :o

Also...what was in those Contrabands?
  • This thread has to be pinned permanently.
    Posted 11 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The contraband was probably sheets of paper, NightDraconis. It appears to have been a very valuable commodity to the Jujus, so there was likely a black market for it ;)

These sheets of paper fell off a truck!
    What's a truck?
    Uhhhhh.......GTGBYE
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Funny, I can't seem to find any contraband to unwrap. Who knows what was in there?

There was not a single master list of things that the Rube could or could not trade. There were a lot of rules that governed what he traded, though. For example, we tagged items like shrines and ticket dispensers as "no_rube" so that he wouldn't magically bust one of those out. He wouldn't trade furniture, bags, trants ("I'll give you a spice tree for your cocktail shaker!"), NPCs ("I'll give you a cooking vendor for your flummery!"), music blocks, etc. The list of what he'd trade *for* also changed based on your level. For example, if you were level 50 or higher, the rube would never ask to take anything worth less than 50 currants.
  • Ooh, interesting :D
  • Thank you for donating some of this secret information. Anything that we never knew about? The int. room and penalty box were known about for awhile, and the other things were new ideas! I love some of these things that your posting, so I thank you.
  • @Taco
    Here are some very minor but silly hidden things inside some of the assets.

Hidden message in the Groddle cottage

Original speech bubble of the mini Glitches in Pitchen Lilliputt

Tool Vendor's head

All of the nondescript scribblings on assets (notes/signs) were actual messages that were distorted and distorted and distorted until they were illegible, but very vulgar originally.
    I can't remember what they all were to begin with, but I remember it was very therapeutic to make them.