Topic

Any Secrets the Devs wish unmasking?

Possibly a bit more insight on the Interragation room or the penatly box? Or how about what happened to the gum trees? Anything else we have no idea about? Please Tell Us! I'd love to know that in the end, my butler turned evil and started helping the rooks wipe out Ur in some quest. There was something i've been wondering about awhile too: Whats with the sea monster?

Posted 11 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• So, why *were* there carrot seeds spawning in the upper regions of a tree in Afar Whence?
    Posted 11 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The carrot seeds were spawning in Afar Whence because we put a spawner there. It spawned carrot seeds.
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whatever happened to group meeting halls?
    Posted 11 years ago by KatGamer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here is our NES game we were hoping to release in 1985, but never finished it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are you serious? LOL I'm a Nintendo Nerd because I had almost every duck pop out position in Duck Hunt memorized. But Rook Hunt would have been a blast ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These ideas are epic! Lol at the Pitchen Lilliputt - just knew it.

That Groddle Cottage hidden message also appeared backwards on the note poles
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw... miss you Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just love the staff and the community. And I really loved this game.

And I am not someone who uses the word "love" often.

I wish I could play Glitch again, but I'm glad I managed to discover this game, at least...
    Posted 11 years ago by Luna Neko Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I could have been a Bride of Spriggan .
    Posted 11 years ago by Myrrah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Temples!
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love that the temples extended the gameplay higher than level 60. We would have loved to have this vision actually realized!
    Posted 11 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are there any other designs for the other Giants temples?
  • @Cleops "That Groddle Cottage hidden message also appeared backwards on the note poles "
    Good catch!
  • I <3 Temples & ascension!
    Posted 11 years ago by The Docta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Temples could've been pure <3 .
    I love all these secrets!

PS. I really can't wait for the book!
    Posted 11 years ago by Nutty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for sharing more of all the wonderful quirks that made Glitch such a great game!  I am curious about oh-so-many things, and will do my best to no go on and on and...oh, here I go.

Was "/beans" always implemented, waiting for someone to type it in, or was that an unimagining gift?  Were there other super-secret chat commands that we missed out on not typing in?  I tried "/dongs" once to see if it did anything and sadly it did not.

With the T-1 musicblock asset- is there a neat real-world backstory like with the plate of beans and SB-1, or was it just so cool that it stands on it's own without any explanation?

Lastly, I just want to thank all of the staff and devs again for all the work you did.  You all and your ideas are beautiful, and by extension this game you all made was pretty fly too.  I loved every moment of it.  Prisencolinensinainciusol!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sir Flatulence Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes! Moar text commands!

I believe the plate of beans was an inside joke for a company where a Tiny Specker also worked? I read a blog post about ot once, but I can't find it.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Backstory on the plate of beans: http://www.joshmillard.com/2011/10/27/overthanking-a-plate-of-injokes/
  • Before Glitch launched, we were able to test the game in short bursts, and horns would play to signal the end of each test.  Eventually Lelu recorded "Goodnight, Groddle," Danny recorded an accompaniment to it, and the completed song replaced the horns at the ends of tests.  The song became the GNG block, and the horns became the T-1 block (though, to my knowledge, only staff and one other person ever had a T-1 until just before the game closed).
    Posted 11 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So the T-1 does have a cool origin story- thanks glum pudding!

The plate of beans story is awesome too (thanks Little Poundcake!).  Also, while we're on neat back stories, an off-topic, super-late, overly-hyphenated, shout-out/thank-you to the dev(s) and staff that made the missing floor when the 20th floor was deimagined.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sir Flatulence Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, that person that wrote the article about the plate of beans is really overthinking the overthinking of the plate of beans...
    Posted 11 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love these subliminal messages on houses/note poles, ha.
    Posted 11 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The lyrics to the metal machine's song: "Buy lots of credits! Buy lots of credits!" 
  • This topic is most awesome
    Posted 11 years ago by Electric Wizard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Anyone got a screenshot of the 20th floor? :o And LP, is/was there a cubimal set version 3? Kukubee posted something about it awhile ago, but I can't seem to find it :P
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @NightDraconis
    Someone posted a fake link to a Cubimal series 3 set as a joke. There never was a third series made.
    But I always kept a list of future cubimals to make.
    This was on my future list:

Series 3:
    • Esquibeth
    • JuJu Grandma
    • Flamingo
    • Myopic Frog
    • Rare Items Vendor
    • Flitterbug
    • Dragon - I can't remember if this was supposed to be for the pet Dragon we never released or for the Dragon mouth thing on... whatever street that was on.
    Misc:
    • Giants series
    • stoot???
  • Where did the dragon fit in?
    And I love all these secret insights. :D
  • what's a flitterbug?
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Flitterbugs were the hovering bug-thingies that made this noise. They were in An Autumn Day and A Summer's Day.
  • In case I was the only one to play with the bean plate this long (I think Gwynne also tried it; I'll have to ask), it actually didn't take 50 years to get to the "end" of its dialogue. It took about two hours, then "looped" back to the first "Do you want to overthink..." Not sure if bug or feature.

Also, an anonymous person sent me this screenshot of Interrogation, complete with some pretty awesome dialogue:
    justindaigle.com/files/scr/...
    Posted 11 years ago by Jus​tin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What does it say on the Eesti Life catalogue book? i.imgur.com/k50cY2T.png
    Posted 11 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh oh and were those Save and Quit questionnaires ever used to drive new stuff? the last question on this one, for example - http://i.imgur.com/q2bZIwE.png
  • Any company that uses "shit" and "fuck" in official notices is pretty awesome.
  • @Hburger: Wow, that screenshot looks old. Would you mind my asking when was it taken, and if you would happen to have any more? I've been looking for any screenshots from before they were officially allowed... seems now would be just as good a time as any for one to reveal such things.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jus​tin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Hburger
    "To Serve Man and then Eat Him Because this is a Cookbook"
    I think we ended up using the book in one of the Vortex of Random streets.
  • Haha, Kukubee! Awesome.

Justin - that screenshot was from one of the November 2010 tests - I broke aaalll the rules and took plenty of screenshots around that time (but didn't share, obvs). ;) I'll try putting them up somewhere and I'll post here when I do :)
  • Aw S3 Cubis could be so cool~ Really hope the Cubimal App Game may happen :3

I figured Stoot was a given!
  • thanks for showing us this. http://www.kukubee.com/Glitch/Actual_World_Map.jpg  it means there is still a little tiny bit of glitch left to do. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Turqii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So sad that so much was left unrealized... but really appreciative that you're sharing these secrets now. I think the temple idea was awesome & your work is always fantastic, Kukubee. Thank you for continuing to release this behind-the-scenes info so we can all dream a little longer. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Melody Pond Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd not logged in for a bit and am just awestruck at all the cool stuff the staff is sharing with us.  Like so many others that have posted, it's a little wistful to read, but I'm just so happy to see what might have been and to know that these great ideas will in some way evolve and come out in a new environment. 

I just want to also say (again) that whatever TS does next, I'd love to be involved in testing from day one (if not sooner!)
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In that full world map view, what's in the center of the AL? I don't remember that. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Papa Legba
    That was the tentative location for Abbasid
  • Oh wow Abbasid looks cool! I'm guessing that was the location for the street in Vortex of Random?

Also I guess Vortex of Random were potential streets which otherwise wouldn't have made it into the map...

Would there have been a Vortex without the closure announcement?
  • The Vortex of Random was lovingly put together by Lisa after the closure announcement to release all of the nearly-done streets that the game design team was working on. We also pushed out Symphonious Maximus (originally intended to be a party space, ended up as a surprise street off Cebarkul), Namaste (a seam street), and Purplysa (an abandoned apartment puzzle street) to make sure they saw the light of day. 

[edited to add links to the other streets mentioned]
  • Oh... I just saw Symphonious, didn't see the other streets :c

Thank you and of course thanks to Lisa!
  • i just want to screeeeaaaam right now!! wow temples! i was already saving emblems for those... :)
    just awesome x 11!! thank ((you)) for showing us this!!
    Posted 11 years ago by mira gaia maia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yeah, temples were such a great idea! its a pity they were never unleashed... but for sure these ideas are to be implemented yet at another project! 
    Posted 11 years ago by bumz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really hope somehow Tiny Speck go NAH JUST KIDDING HERE IS GLITCH, WAS A PUBLICITY STUNT, HAH GOT YOU!

The Temples look amazing.

I'm still so deeply in mouring....
  • I've got a question- was the "bonsai" street style supposed to have been a regional style originally (or in addition to the street)? Where was it going to go, if so?
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to know that, too. When I tried out the Bonsai street style, it was love at first sight!
    Posted 11 years ago by Caiyot Subscriber! | Permalink