Topic

Staff Topic

1/2 — A periodic update from the Department of Refunds

Happy new year! For everyone still awaiting a refund, let us all join together in looking at our personal refund status pages at http://www.glitch.com/closing/refunds. The information there is the guide to the rest of this post!

Do you have somewhat angry red text at the top of this page telling you that you that the deadline has passed? If so, please click the buttons on your refund status page so that we can process your refund. You are late! Clicky clicky!

If you do not have angry red text, congratulations and thank you! You have done all that is required of you. Look at the text under "Refund Choice" to figure out which of these categories applies to you:

"Refund to your card (Pending)"
We will process these tomorrow, on January 3rd*. It may take three to four weeks for the funds to appear in your account once we submit the refunds, although most people receive them within a week.

"Refunded on 15th November, 2012"
You should have these funds on your card by now. If you don't, please open a new help case and tell us how much you've received, when you received it, and how much you're still expecting to receive.

"Refunded on 20th December, 2012"
You may not have these funds yet, especially if you're overseas. If you still don't have them by January 10th, please open a help case and tell us how much you've received, when you received it, and how much you're still expecting to receive.

"Refund to your PayPal account (Completed <date>)"
If you just very recently chose the PayPal option on your refund page, give us a day or two to process it. We do these frequently. If you have the "(Completed <date>)" text, that refund is done and PayPal has accepted our money on your behalf. Please check with them if you did not get it — they may have automatically debited it to the card you originally used for the purchase.

"A check will be mailed to you in the next few weeks."
These will happen one evening next week. We will change the large television to the fireplace channel, huddle around it as though it's warm, sip hot toddys, and do our best to write "2013" on your checks.

An additional note for international types:
It appears that you'll be refunded the money at the current exchange rate, not at the rate at the time of your purchase. May our dollar be weaker now than it was when you purchased so that you can profit a little!

* Done!

Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hi LP! I did not request a refund, but thank you for the update anyway. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LP, you rule :)
    Posted 11 years ago by EgIantine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't even know about any of this, I've been offline for a while and it seems I can no longer get any refunds ?
    Posted 11 years ago by Myrtle Goodbody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We have, in fact, shut off the refund options after a one-week grace period after the one-and-a-half month offer period.
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink