Topic

Stasis Tool - Save and revive your glitchen.

I feel it's time to share the Stasis Tool as it has been out for a while and no major bugs have been found yet. :)

Stasis is a tiny app that will help you to easily preserve your glitchen to your hard disk and bring it back to life whenever you like!

To install new Stasis and get your glitchen just follow the manual.

It is only tested on the latest Chome and Firefox, so it may or it may not work in any other browser. 
Please post here any problems that you may have encountered while downloading or running your avatar. I'll respond as fast as I can.

Important: Avatar downloads are available only while the API and CDN servers are online. And.. I guess that they will be shut down soon!

Hint: You can try different combination the clothes and the accessories of your glitchen and save them with Stasis in DIFFERENT folders.

If you already have the your glitchen saved with Stasis you can upgrade it by first making a backup copy, then extracting the patch into your Glitchen_files folder.
(Updating of your saved glitchen and Stasis will work regardless the status of Tiny speck's servers!)

Stuff to play with:
* Press 'left' or 'right' to move around.
* Press 'space' to jump.
* Press '1' to be happy!
* Press '2' to be angry!
* Press '3' to be amazed!
* Press 's' to fall sleep and wake up.
* Replace Glitchen_files/background.jpg (recommended size: 800 x 600 pixels)

Posted 11 years ago by Sah Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• It's pretty cool- check it out :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is really neat! Thanks, Sah!

I was able to download my avatar and get her set up.  I replaced the background photo with a Glitch screen shot, so now Miss Coco is happily jumping around a meadow once more.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the sleep command.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks great. Like Miss Coco, the sleep command doesn't work for me either.

Any way to add a butterfly and/or a pig to the initial image?
    Posted 11 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah.. I guess I managed to get it broken :) Sorry about that! I'll fix it as soon as I find a little free time.

I really want to add butterflies, pigs and foxes, however I don't have their animation sheets. Maybe we should ask Stoot ...
  • Awesome! How fun! Thank you for sharing this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Glondor Glitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just some notes:

It doesn't seem to work with IE at all.
    When run locally (with FF or Chrome), the background image doesn't show up and the glitch character "smears" across the screen as you move around. (It never erases it's last location)
    Posted 11 years ago by Glondor Glitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nice to see him again. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Crinkle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Sah
    For now, the process to get the animations is to head over to the encyclopedia, and get the swf file on each page
    Then have a look on google for any "swf to png" tool and you're done
    Little Poundcake said sprite sheets may come later in there tho, so it's gonna be easier later hopefully
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love it!

@Sah - Can I PayPal you some $ to get a proper domain name for this? Also, if you don't have hosting, I have a giant lot of hosting space I can give you a portion of. 

jesthered@gmail.com
    Posted 11 years ago by Joan of Dark Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Glondor Glitch - I am surprised that it even starts! :D
    I may fix this one soon, as it seems to be a minor issue, however, won't be able to maintain an IE-friendly code for long as IE doesn't run very well on my operating system.

@Lemo - Sadly I failed to extract more that one static image. I also "found out" the Resources page. There are nice images to play with, but no proper animations.

@Joan of Dark - Thank you for your offer. 
    I am feeling uncomfortable to take money for a toy project so I won't accept it. :D
    If you like, you can buy a domain name yourself and point it to your hosting (and retain domain ownership). I'll contact you by e-mail about setting up a mirror.
  • My favourite part: Linux screenshots!
    Posted 11 years ago by Klikini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sah,

Thanks for this! She's running & jumping (but not sleeping) again...

Actually, I'm OK with her not sleeping...  ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    Posted 11 years ago by coolbettycakes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for this! I'm so happy I can keep my Glitch nearby even after glitch.com removes/deletes/archives(?) her. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome!
    Posted 11 years ago by Polly Paperclip | Permalink
  • Sah - how do I change the background?
    Posted 11 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much for doing this!! I have my glitch visiting all her favorite places, and she got to go home too!  but she couldn't pet the piggies. *sniffle*  *sigh*

sleep isnt working for me either,  FF and Chrome on Mac 10.6.8.
    But that's ok; having a great time customizing my backgrounds from all my snaps. 
    Posted 11 years ago by bludwaggie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my. This brought a tear to my eye. Thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mr.Stink Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you.. snif..
    Posted 11 years ago by Lost on land again Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Chibirexy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is so cool - everything except sleep works using Safari :) I don't know where to find Gilitchen_files though so I can;t change the background. It is so lovely to see my little avatar moving and smiling again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Captain Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Mocha Maid - Locate the Glitchen_files folder (it should be in the location in that you saved your glitchen) and overwrite background.jpg with the image you want. 

@Captain Daisy - The Glitchen_files should be located in the folder you chose to save your glitchen.  If it's not there, but your offline version works you should go through Stasis again and select the option "Webpage, Complete" before hitting "Save". I don't know what this option is called in Safari, but it should be something like that or similar to "HTML with images". 
    I hope that Safari will save the images in a folder with the same name, because the code depends on it ...
  • Thank you for this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tourmaline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank You so much for this.
     I hope that you plan to expand the background to a larger image size.  So I can go exploring some more.   :)    I don't know enough to program it myself, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it.

Thank you again.
    Posted 11 years ago by GnarlyBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No Transport. How do i fix it?
    Posted 11 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry for the  echo... but thanks so much for taking the time to put all of this together. :) It's so comforting to see my lil' guy still "alive". :)
    Posted 11 years ago by MaxieMo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @GnarlyBob, This is a good idea! :)
    @Taco Assassin, I don't understand your question. Could you be more specific, please?
  • This is amazing.
    Posted 11 years ago by EgIantine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great news! Tiny speck released A LOT of animation sheets under CC license!
    So.. just one word - piggies.
    This is my number one priority :D

P.S.: My server was offline for some time and will be offline at least a day more. If you really want to have your glitchen right now go to the Stasis repository, grab the latest source archive (It's Stasis_1.1.0.src.zip at the moment) and extract it in a folder of your choice. 
    There will be a file named index.html - open it in your browser. 
    Now you have full working Stasis - use it the same way you'd use the hosted one.
  • I don't know how to handle the original file and the patch file. I extracted all the contents from both, then put all the contents in a file I named "Stasis." I can bring up the photo, but that's it. As for "Get me Glitchen!" ... I get a Windows error code when on click on it.

Please advise me! I want to animate my dear friend Ann!
    Posted 11 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Ann DramaDuh The server is online so you can download your avatar using the normal method.
    However I will have to investigate the issue anyway ... What browser do you use? 
  • Thank you so much for this!  I've got my avatar hanging out in Giant Living Room with next to the sleeping kitty!  I may move her to Ix, next and play that tubamaphone!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lizzibabe Subscriber! | Permalink