Topic

Glitch in a game console? How about Ouya?

Ouya [pronounced /ˈuːˌjə/ ooh-yuh] is an Android-based "open" gaming console where all games are free-to-try and is scheduled to be released in March, 2013.

At least 60K gamers have already pre-ordered the console, according to their Kickstarter campaign with a funding goal of $950K of which $8M was raised.

All systems can be used as development kits, allowing any Ouya owner and gamer to also be a developer, without the need for licensing fees. 

Every console comes with all the tools you’ll need to make a great game.
Independent game developers are welcome to submit games in the DevPortal - they are in pre-alpha.
Maybe this is a cheaper alternative to revive Glitch?

TS, any chance we can play Glitch on TV using Ouya platform? :D For more info, please click here.

I don't know guano about game development so I am passing this info to the experts (points at TS devs and players that are also developers).

Posted 11 years ago by Hellyeah Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Well, I would assume that would be just as hard to re-code for as any other console/system.

It looks adorable though, such a tiny little box!
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Biohazard,

Yup. It is very cute. It is smaller than a standard coffee mug. :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Hellyeah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah not really possible to do this they would need to create Glitch from the ground up as I doubt this consol supports Flash. Even if it did it would still be very expensive to rebuild it for the console.
    Posted 11 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe not for a reboot of Glitch itself. But this is very useful info for those of us who are interested in developing new quirky fun sandbox games. *goes to look for info about multiplayer support*
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I donated to the Ouya Kickstarter. It looks very promising indeed! Now, Glitch (or something like it) on Ouya would be ... wonderful!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink